Salamanders (and Successors) Army Showcase

Uprising

As salamanders, our chapter is renown for the skill of creation in the forges.  This thread purpose is to motivate, inspire, and generally display our painted salamanders armies(successor too).  Lets display our colors brothers, and show everyone our master crafted miniatures. Edited by Brother Tyler
Tags edited

• 2 weeks later...

I hate to nitpick, but the insets of their shoulder guards are green, when for Salamanders they should be black; as it is, they look more like Aurora Chapter...?

Otherwise, great models!

bah nitpicker! :smile.:  erm... the black pads are on the marines inside? can i get away with that?

The following link is 1/ not my work, 2/ a French blog & 3/ not really an army showcase but I think you will be able to pardon me after seeing it. After all, the purpose of this thread is to motivate and inspire !

Salamander captain, finalist in the open category at the GD UK 2013 and trully a piece of art

Lovely Salamanders I did mine brighter, but i'm curious how did you do the gold? I really like the color its not as brassy as some but not obnoxiously gold either..

Cheers dude! After some digging I managed to find my old WIP thread - green recipe is in there somewhere

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/244619-my-salamanders-lpc-thread-the-wrath-of-vulkan/

I didn't want to start a new topic for this so I felt this was an appropriate place to ask.

I know the salamanders have a few "suspected" successors, but for a DIY project is a Salamanders successor considered taboo? or  is it reasonable.

thanks,

-Toeko

I didn't want to start a new topic for this so I felt this was an appropriate place to ask.

I know the salamanders have a few "suspected" successors, but for a DIY project is a Salamanders successor considered taboo? or  is it reasonable.

thanks,

-Toeko

Not at all. as soon as I get my Inheritors photographed I am putting them up in this thread..... It's just a matter of figuring out where I put my camera in my recent move.

@ I am Legion

Thanks man, as I said in your thread your salamanders were an early inspiration for me to paint Sallies :D

Edited by skawolf

I like the bright green you have used on those terminators. I have always thought that sallies looked good in bright green, but have not been able to bring myself to painting them bright green. Not sure why that is :confused:

heh,

Lots of the people I've talked to that i play with don't like it - I think it distinguishes them from Dark Angels though or Raptors or other Green Chapters.  It looks nice on darker table tops though and seems to do okay as a display piece.  I'm not the best painter but i like how they turned out, so thank you.

The shoulders are Forgeworld - its Pricy but I  really like how they look.. I have them on almost everything salamander.. I think i probably should have done like just Sargent..but i dont spend money on much else other than Warhammer these days..so..heh.

the drake hide is actually made by an ebay seller named Spellcrow (hope i dont break any rules)  -they were perfect for what i was looking for..

..and thanks.