Afghanistan

templargdt

So, I'm deploying to Afghanistan next month.  I'm debating whether or not to bring along my PACK 432 with an army in it or not.  I haven't deployed since I started playing warhammer, so I'm unsure of it.

Anyone on the boards ever deploy with their warhammer army?  Anyone currently in Afghanistan with an Army?

• 4 weeks later...

I would honestly either leave it at home or bring a small unit, nothing over 1000pts because it gets too busy and crowded. Expect at max a 4x4 space. MWR facilities will maybe have tables available unless they are dominated by card players or other board gamers. My suggestion is to bring unpainted models you give no :cusss about, they will break, be stolen or be dirty as hell afterwards. A friend of mine built a death corps of kreig army while in Afghanistan but he was on BAF and never left that post so its doable but if you are on an outlying fob or cop, good luck building,painting or playing. Larger bases are pretty easy to get games in though, I was on KAF and there was plenty of room for a 4x4 table in some hooches.

No way I'd consider bringing models in-country. I just had a kindle stocked up with BL books, built up all my hobby ideas for when I got back each time. I'm sure it'd be doable but for me I was waaaaay to busy/dirty to even consider gaming/hobbying out there. Depends on your MOS I suppose and how built up your base is.

• 7 months later...
Agreed,leave it at home, start developing a back story for your army to give your army some background and depth. That is how my Night Lords were conceived!