Magic Man's Marines Errant; Its a kind of Magic! PG9

MagicMan

''Go we into the darkness, there to bring the light of faith and the fury of Mankind's judgement on the Unbeliever, the Alien and the Mutant. War without end. Ave Imperator...''

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120615183254/warhammer40k/images/thumb/6/66/Marines_Errant_Chapter_Symbol.png/200px-Marines_Errant_Chapter_Symbol.png

gallery_58164_8865_10967.jpg

So I've been looking for a new chapter to get a start on with the new Space marines release, and I think I've found them.

The Marines Errant, a wandering space faring chapter who crusade beyond the bounds of the Imperium. A successor chapter of the Doom Eagles and so the Ultramarines, they take part in the Badab War, and are afterwards targeted by Huron. In the ensuing conflict they lose their entire geneseed repository, dooming them to a slow death.

Just such a cool background. And the colour scheme is halved, which I think will be a challenge. So hopefully ill keep on top of this.

Enough waffle. Heres my first offering! Was my test marine really, and the metallic side of him gave me some real headaches, but im thinking the next couple of guys will be a big improvement.

Brother Logros distinguished himself in the bitter fighting during the aftermath of the Badab War. One of many novitiates elevated to the rank of Battle Brother after the fearsome losses sustained, Logros harbours a deep hatred of the Red Corsairs, who have so gravely wounded his chapter.

gallery_58164_8865_31610.jpg
gallery_58164_8865_69517.jpg

gallery_58164_8865_70524.jpg

Marines Errant are one of many Chapters I have a soft spot for from way back, but haven never attempted to try myself as halved and quartered schemes intimidate me laugh.png Lots of detail and I especially love the Chapter symbol!

Another topic for me to watch! happy.png

Cheers guys!

And yeah he does look a bit shiny. I think that may be to do with my sub-par photography though. :P

Reinforcements on the way....

gallery_58164_8865_22260.jpg

gallery_58164_8865_10434.jpg

I really liked the Sergeants pose originally with a bolter, but the combi-plasma is huge! It kinda unbalances the whole thing. Needs a re-think. :/

That Torso is from the Champion/Vox guy set from Forge World.

I didn't much like the communications officer, but the parts are cool. I might save that torso for a Devastator Sergeant though, it had lots of techy bits stuck to it that would make for a cool Signum representation. :)

My camera has died, so i won't be able to update for about a week... But ive gotten started on some more dudes, and noticed the bits i missed on my first guy! So... I'll be back.

• 3 months later...

So its been a while! The Marines Errant survived their warp jump (moving house) unscathed, but its taken me a while to get back into the swing of things.

I still haven't finished one more marine... But, i have been busy building them.

I also went on a crazy recruitment drive (Girlfriend bought me a Predator for Xmas! Was funny opening that infront of her family.)

gallery_58164_8865_191570.jpg

A few WIP, i need to get motivated to get my dream army up and running, so (dont laugh) expect regular updates! biggrin.png

gallery_58164_8865_61122.jpg

Thanks guys! Hopefully i'll have a little update tonight!

And hells yeah, Grimm. Ive got a Predator ready to be built, and an Ultramarines dread just waiting to be repurposed... Would like a Forgeworld Dread too. Never made a 40k vehicle before, always had them second hand, so im pretty excited about the Pred. :)

Archived