Blood and Thunder - Update - XII Raptor-Praetor WIP

StruManChu

gallery_67188_8872_39090.png

Greetings, Brothers!

It's been quite a while since I've posted anything here, but the time has come! I've moved some distance away from 40k since I posted my Marines Malevolent last year, largely due to frustrations with GW itself and the fact that 40k releases becoming more and more sensationalist and less and less interesting, IMHO. You can't say no to Forgeworld though, and the Heresy stuff they're putting out is incredible.

In lieu of being able to post any minis for the time being, I've written some fluff for this log going forward.

Blood and Thunder - I

Rage and arrogance in equal measure, almost electric in their effect, radiated out from the two gods in the centre of the room. Those witnesses present were utterly silent, dumbstruck by the spectacle before them as two of humanity’s mightiest exemplars faced off against each other. They circled one another slowly, like predators, the itch to draw their weapons and strike out palpable to both of them. The relationship between these members of the VII and XII Legions had been fraught with tension from the beginning of the Baupunt Crusade, but since Legion Marshall Lorr and his delegation had returned following the recovery of their Primarch and their campaign in the Golgotha Sector, things had taken a turn for the worse. The 12th, having now joined with their long sought for Primarch Angron after almost all of the Legions before them, had become even more self-assured and short-fused, as though seeing their Gene-Father at war vindicated the costly assaults and wanton bloodshed that the other forces of the Great Crusade both criticised and feared them for.

“Impugn my honour again, you cur, and I will gut you!”

“Your threats mean nothing. Your words mean nothing. If someday you actually dared to make the attempt, I would welcome it. But know this, Terran. I am not interested in an Honour Duel. Come and kill me in the Cage if your honour is so impugned.”

And with these last word his, Captain Ismar Jarusz, Champion of the newly-christened World Eaters, strode from the Command Bunker, leaving the Crusade Fleet’s assembled leaders in various states of shock and his challenger, Fulvas Lodmund, Siege Master of the Imperial Fists, seething.

As the remainder of the World Eaters present followed their Champion out in uncharacteristic silence and the leftover tension began to dissipate, Legate Travian Caradez of the VII felt a huge weight of responsibility resting uncomfortably firmly on his shoulders. As if to try and shift this weight, his
massive frame slumped forwards, hands coming to rest on the holo-briefing table. The campaign across the Baupunt system had raged for almost four years now, and the 448th Expeditionary Fleet’s progress was lagging. He and the rest of the senior commanders of the seventh Legion presence had been cautiously optimistic about the return of the World Eaters following reports of their recent successes as a legion united under Angron, hoping it would be a boon to their beleaguered campaign. But if anything, Angron’s sons had caused the Crusade to stagnate even further. Petty rivalries had grown between various members of both forces, with the feud between Jarusz and Lodmund becoming a focal point and a justification for their subordinates to squabble amongst themselves.

“Give us the room. Now.” Caradez rumbled, his eyes locked on his errant Siege Master.

Those remaining knew better than to ask aloud whether or not the briefing would continue, and hurried out to disseminate the little information that had been shared on the coming attack before Jarusz’s barbs and insults had become too much for Lodmund to bear. The bunker, a sizable pre-fab unit brought down from the Imperial Fists Strike Cruiser Hammer of Spite to serve as a Command Hub for the forces arrayed on Baupunt emptied slowly, its one narrow door not large enough to allow more than a single power-armoured Astartes to exit at a time. All the while Caradez bored his eyes into Lodmund. As the last of them Command Staff stepped across the threshold, Travian stomped over to the door and slammed it shut, the steel hatch ringing through the empty bunker.

“Don’t even speak, Fulvas. I don’t want to hear it. Your conduct with that bastard from the World Eaters, even if it is justified, even if he slanders our Legion for the time it’s taking us to pacify this world, is utterly unbecoming of one of the Emperor’s Praetorians. Pain Glove. Sixteen hours this time. Should your discipline slip again, I swear on Terra herself, I will remove you from this campaign and you’ll spend the rest of your days on the Spite. You are better than this, Captain. Do I make myself unquestionably clear?”

“Sir.”

“Dismissed”.

He watched Fulvas leave, his junior still visibly infuriated. To hell with him then. Turning away from the hatch and back to the display in the centre of the room, he returned to the holo-briefing table once more, focussing his attention on the glowing fortress at the centre of series of mountain peaks.

I will break you apart.”

WIP pictures of Jarusz and Lodmund, as well as others, to follow tomorrow AM.

As promised!

NB - All are WIP, and none are photographed terribly well, because my camera is not the best at focussing on tiny men.

First up, Jarusz, Champion of the World Eaters 52nd Assault Company.

gallery_67188_8872_929305.jpg

gallery_67188_8872_1258130.jpg

He's armed with a Power Weapon (it'll look much less like a chainsword when it's painted, trust me) and a plasma pistol, artificer armour, etc.

Next is Lodmund, who's based on a Warpsmith with all the Chaos bits filed off. I'm well aware that I need to go over the shading on various bits of him again, and I'm not 100% yet on how I want to do the Hammer's head.

gallery_67188_8872_878648.jpg

gallery_67188_8872_1316691.jpg

I'm sure the black torso armour and backpacks I'm going with on some of the Fists are not to everyone's taste, but I like it, and it distinguishes them slightly from others. But fear not, it won't be on all of them. Just a mark for some of the more senior members of the force.

Next up is a Fists Seeker Squad Sergeant, who is probably the closest of the lot to being finished, followed by a Rampager squad Sergeant, who Jarusz will be attached to.

gallery_67188_8872_92262.jpg

gallery_67188_8872_19644.jpg

That's it for now, but any feedback or comments would be greatly appreciated!

Good Lord! eek.gif

These are really impressive - especially the fact that the Fists sergeant has more battle damage than the WE. Reinforces the idea given in your little fluff piece that the 12th Legion are relative newcomers to this little scrap. What did you use for the head on the WE champion? I'm guessing FW's Korvydae?

I have to say WOW! Very impressive, you have the start of something awesome!

Thanks mate! Means a lot, especially from a fellow Imperial Fist player. I have every intention of finishing these guys off, which if I manage it, will be my first complete army ever. Which after 15 years of being in the hobby is no mean feat.

Good Lord! eek.gif

These are really impressive - especially the fact that the Fists sergeant has more battle damage than the WE. Reinforces the idea given in your little fluff piece that the 12th Legion are relative newcomers to this little scrap. What did you use for the head on the WE champion? I'm guessing FW's Korvydae?

Korvydae is correct! The bits resellers on eBay have made a lot of money off me in recent months. To be honest though, I hadn't even made the link with the battle damage on the WE. That's a great point! I was going to blood and damage them up to match the Fists, but now that you mention it, I may rethink this. Thanks!

I'm not disappointed! This is some fantastic work so far, brother, and I'm looking forward to more models/fluff biggrin.png

That's a slick conversion with the Warpsmith, I must say I'm impressed with everything on this thread so far. Great work! biggrin.png

Cheers mate! I picked up the Warpsmith on a bit of a whim because I liked the sculpt, then just kinda thought 'How can I make this look Imperial?'. More fluff is on the way too, but I paint much faster than I write, and I paint fairly slow.

Very nice all round.mi particularly like the rampager. Can't wait for more.

Ask and you shall receive!

gallery_67188_8872_138743.jpg

gallery_67188_8872_545265.jpg

gallery_67188_8872_709797.jpg

gallery_67188_8872_804203.jpg

gallery_67188_8872_476514.jpg

Just noticed the blade's come off this guy. That's going to be a pain to fix... Let alone find!

gallery_67188_8872_1327183.jpg

gallery_67188_8872_1231869.jpg

These guys will serve as Jarusz's bodyguard/students. It seems like a good fit as each of them can issue/accept a challenge. Therefore, if Jarusz thinks a foe is beneath him, he can allow one of his guard to fight in his stead. Suits the WE philosophy of a warrior proving himself though combat as well, I reckon.

As before, these are all still WIP, and I've still got a way to go on them I think. Not sure about the bases. I'm thinking I'll base the WE and IF slightly differently, but not really sure how to do this.

As ever, and feedback or comments would be well received!

In actual fact, I'd not bother hunting for the blades on the 5th guy, let alone go to the bother of trying to reattach them - for some reason the idea of a pair of berzerker-powered knuckledusters fits even better with the whole 'smashface' mentality of the 12th....

Further WIPs!

My army list for the World Eaters is something akin to the following -

Legion Marshall Lorr - Praetor

Ismar Jarusz - Centurion - Chapter Champion

Contemptor Talon - 3 x Contemptor Dreads, 3 x Deathclaw Drop Pods

8 x Rampagers with Jump Packs

8 x Rampagers with Jump Packs

20 x Assault Marines

10 x Tactical w/ Drop Pod

10 x Tactical w/ Drop Pod

Which works out to just under 3k all optioned up. I took the Orbital Assault rite, but this may change when the new book comes out as I believe the WE will be getting their own specific Rite of War, which may mean I don't need a ton of Drop Pods, which would be nice.

So, as you can see, I've got a way to go on this. And that's just half of the force thus far! The Fists are another beast entirely.

Anyway... What you all came to see!

Some more tiny men, this time in the form of Tactical marines with their Drop Pods. Haven't named the Squads yet, so they are for all intents and purposes just Squad 1 & 2 for the time being. As ever, these are all still very much WIP.

gallery_67188_8872_236510.jpg

gallery_67188_8872_544570.jpg

The above are the First Squad, which will all be decaled appropriately, with Power-Fist Sergeant, Vox and Vexilla, and additional CCWs. When I got the Vox backpack through from Forgeworld, the antenna had snapped of, so I replaced it with a bit of paper-clip. Thus, it looks a little naff.

The guy in the back-right of the second photo's blue is slightly off. This is just because I wanted to see what Teclis Blue looked like as opposed to Kantor Blue. It also looks naff, and I'll be repainting him when I next do some blues.

Both squads have some of the chained Black Templars bolters, chiefly due to the WE's affinity with chaining things to themselves. I really like these and the aesthetic of them on the World Eaters, as I think it implies their fanaticism rather nicely.

Anyway, on to Squad 2!

gallery_67188_8872_1071021.jpg

gallery_67188_8872_815460.jpg

Exactly the same fit-out as Squad 1. There are a few Khorne Berzerker bits throughout both squads, which again I think is an aesthetically good fit. I only picked up the KB box for the chain-axes and helmets, so was fairly happy to find a use for the other bits as well.

Finally, the Drop Pods. I've cut these up so they're a little more Deathclaw-esque, following the instructions in this wonderful blog here - http://darkfuturegaming.blogspot.co.uk/2010/10/diy-cheap-chaos-dreadclaws-part-1.html

The only difference being that I magnetised the doors on mine, so they actually open and close. The initial conversion was remarkably straight-forward, but the doors were a massive pain and I managed to drill into my left pointer finger several times during this process.

gallery_67188_8872_519210.jpg

The one of the left is mostly under/basecoated, but I'm trying to figure out if I want to make the feet a bit pointier. Once/if I do that, I'll do the same to do the other one before undercoating.

Will be getting some paint on these guys over the next few days, and posting up some more fluff as well.

gallery_67188_8872_958813.jpg

I'm well aware that this isn't the greatest photo in the world for detail, but yes, this is going to be a 20 man Assault Squad, and yes, I'm undercoating all those wonderful little Mk II Jump Packs separately.

• 1 month later...

Right! It's been far too long since I updated this plog. But between a holiday to New York and a bout of the flu, I haven't got much done. So to kick myself back into gear, I signed up for the Loyalty and Treachery vow, which is great, but rather intimidating as there are a bunch of brilliant painters in there. If you haven't seen it yet, go check it out.

Anyway! This is the first half of the first part of my vow; a 20-strong Assault Squad. These 10 are just about done, but do need a little tidying up and some blood splatter as well.

gallery_67188_8872_1301823.jpg

Apologies for the phone camera photo. I will post better pictures and some more WIPs tomorrow evening.

As ever, thanks for looking!

Time for...

A MASSIVE UPDATE!

Interesting work so far, brother, especially the fluff in the first post. Kinda reminds me of a story I wrote not too long ago. msn-wink.gif

Thanks mate! I read through your story today... Really good stuff. A really cool smouldering tension, and the confrontation at the end was great! I hope you enjoy the next bit.

Awesome stuff!!

Cheers! Glad you approve!

Your Fists look like the Emperors finest Marines Malevolent.
Nice work!

There's a good reason for that. wink.png

I was working on a Marines Malevolent army last year, which you and 1000 Heathens were a big part of inspiring, incidentally. But I lost patience with 40k and the way all of the new releases seemed to be either a cheese-laden flyer or a progressively bigger gundam-esque walker. So I packed it in and moved to Heresy stuff. I still really like the idea behind the Marines Malevolent, so decided to make company of Imperial Fists that could eventually lead to the creation of the Emperor's most ruthless, pitiless Astartes. They won't all have the Malevolent's colours, as they do need to be recognisable as the Seventh Legion, but some of them will, just as a nod.

Anyway... Onwards and upwards!

Blood and Thunder - II

Jarusz sauntered into the World Eaters camp like a triumphant prize fighter, the dust of Baupunt’s arid earth kicking up around him with each step. Word of his brutally dismissive handling of Lodmund’s challenge had reached the rest of the XII Legionnaires, who cheered and shouted tribute to him as he made his way toward Lorr’s compound, the Legion Marshall had summoned him almost immediately following the abortive mission briefing with the VII Legion, and he had given little thought to his commander’s request other than to obey it.

His path to Lorr led him to pass the Cage, the arena the World Eaters had constructed to serve as a hub for their training regimen and duels. Aj’rior, the Sergeant-Decimus from Khargol’s Close Assault Squad, was using the opportunity afforded to him by a duel to educate Escus, one of the newer Astartes under his tutelage, in the subtleties of the chain of command. Namely that Escus was not as able a combatant as his Decimus, and that his Decimus deserved respect from the impudent wretch because he had reached that rank through skill and strength. Skill and strength now pitilessly demonstrated by the fact that Escus was being slowly choked with the chain that linked their wrists together. Aj’rior acknowledged Jarusz with a perfunctory nod of his chin, then carried on dispensing knowledge to his challenger.

Aj’rior was definitely one to keep an eye on.

One to keep an eye on unless Lorr already had his claws in him, of course. It was entirely likely that the Legion Marshall had already seen the potential for advancement in the Decimus and indeed had already moved on him. Lorr had been gathering men to him for some time now, since well before the end of the Golgotha campaign, in fact. The Marshall and his charges had gathered with no small amount of secrecy, something the XIIth were not renowned for, which led Jarusz to believe that whatever they’d discussed was to be kept from the common Legion rabble. He had never been one to lend himself to feelings of jealousy, but he could not deny that he felt slighted to have been excluded from these assemblies. He’d tried to probe several Legionnaires he’d suspected of being Lorr’s exceptional few regarding the nature of these gatherings, but each of them had simply replied that they 'couldn't say'.

As Jarusz neared Lorr’s compound, apprehension began to overtake bravado. After Desh’ea, Lorr was now among the eldest in the Legion at nearly 200 years old. He was Terran-born, and had triumphed at Cerberus and Aldebaran Septus with the rest of the Legion, and had fought back to back with Legion Master Ghreer against the monstrous worm-beasts of Nove Shendak. He had the ear of Khârn, the Primarch’s equerry and Captain of the 8th, and had been marked by the Primarch’s hand. Jarusz’s ego prevented him from hero worship of his fellow Astartes, and there was an unspoken tension between them. His youth and rapid ascent through the company had made him arrogant, and this arrogance had brought him to the threshold of crossing blades with Lorr on numerous occasions, but this threshold was yet to be traversed. Still, as his hand reached to knock on the compound’s bulkhead, he cursed the fact that he was unarmed.

“Enter.” Came the curt reply from inside.

Jarusz leant his weight against the bulkhead and stepped into Lorr’s personal quarters. The strong and unpleasant stink of armour unguents and perspiration collided with Jarusz’s enhanced senses, and his eyes took a moment to adjust to the very low, reddish lighting of the round chamber. Banners and chains hung from the walls, each a relic a testament to the martial prowess of the XII Legion. Lorr stood alone in a shaft of light in the centre of the chamber, fully armoured in his brilliant white battle plate, unhelmed and smouldering.

He held out a data-slate with a particular disregard.

“I have received an official missive of complaint from Legate Caradez of the Imperial Fists regarding your conduct toward Captain Lodmund. They’ve asked that you be publically disciplined so that your actions don’t spread any further… ‘discord’ between our Legions.”

Jarusz's sole response was a derisive snort, ignoring the data-slate offered to him. Lorr slowly, but noticeably and deliberately, tensed.

“Can you give me a reason why I shouldn’t, Captain?”

Jarusz scoffed. “You’d divide our Legion. No Astartes of the 12th has ever been so chastised due to the word of another Legion. Besides, the Fists are incompetent, and Lodmund is the worst of them. They’ve wallowed in a mess of their own making, and now they need us to get them out of it. Their tactics have proven just as worthless as we knew they were going to before we left for Nuceria. They poured scorn on us then, and they would be despairing without us now.”

“They offended you, and so you've lain in wait of the opportunity to simply offend them in return? Truly worthy of the esteem your position”

“Marshall, with all the respect you feel necessary, listen. The War Hounds meant nothing to this conflict.” Jarusz flung his arms wide, his speech suddenly zealous, as though he were an orator evangelising to a crowd. “We were a meat shield to be thrown at the walls while the seventh simply shelled from the distance. But now, now the World Eaters have come and ruin follows in our wake. The Fists have delayed here so long that when victory comes the honour will be ours!”

Honour?!” In an instant Lorr’s voice was thunder, his expression fury. “You think they will honour us?! Do you not know what they named the flagship of our Primarch? The only one of the Emperor’s sons not to rule his homeworld? The Conqueror… That’s either irony, mockery or pity, but not honour. It will never be honour. As if the World Eaters would ever be graced by such a gift.”

The Legion’s new name rolled of Lorr’s tongue with utter condescension, and Jarusz, for all his supposed detachment and vaunted pride, raged. While it was well before his time with the Legion, Jarusz knew that early in their life the War Hounds had been held close by the Emperor, kept on a short leash while the other Legions fought hard and won honour and acclaim. For the elder members of the Legion that still lived to remember it, to have been held back and forced to credit the other legion with victories that could easily have been theirs was still a raw wound, even after close to two centuries. Still, Lorr’s vicious spite had stunned Jarusz, and he felt his choler rise at the Legion Marshall’s slander. Who was he to speak so of the Legion? Or of the Primarch?

"You bastard! You spit on your vows and on your brothers! You have no right to speak of the Primarch or the Legion like you’re owed you something! You should marvel at our Gene-Father’s splendour and grovel in thanks for the identity, for the vindication he's given us, but your age only allows you bitterness. Damn all of mankind if they think us barbarous! Damn them if they fear to fight with our ferocity! And damn you, Lorr, if their cloying words and wretched, pathetic self-importance has made you ashamed of your own kin. We are what we are. Legion first, Imperium second. Always. If you’ve forgotten that, I’ll drag you out of here and kill you myself.”

Lorr, in spite of the verbal assault unleashed by the swordsman, leered wickedly. “What was it you said to Lodmund in the briefing? Something about meaningless threats and meaningless words? Get out of here, Ismar, before you shame yourself further. If you want to try and kill me, call me to the cage.”

Jarusz turned to storm out of Lorr’s chamber, but something struck the left side of his unprotected head. Short and sharp, and very, very hard. Combat stims and adrenal boosters flooded his system the instant after the blow landed, but his instincts were just as fast, and even dazed, he knew that Lorr would be winding back for another blow. He turned to confront his attacker, feeling the wreck of his fractured skull shred through the layers of the skin of his face, raising his arm in defence, but Lorr stood unmoved in the shaft of light, exactly where he had been seconds before.

A second blow came out of the chamber’s darkness, catching him completely off guard, hitting him square in the middle of his face. Blood gushed forth from his broken nose as he swallowed pieces of his own shattered teeth. He tried to swing a fist toward the darkness his attacker must still be standing in, but his arms were seized, and four Astartes, two holding each of his arms, forced Jarusz to his knees and dragged him into the light before the Legion Marshall.

Astartes physiology is markedly different to that of a mortal human. An ordinary man would not have remained conscious, and indeed may have been killed, by the first punch. A strong man may not have collapsed until the second hit had landed. But Jarusz, not only one amongst of the Legiones Astartes, but a paragon among the mighty, weathered punch after punch from his Legion Marshall. As the beating continued and Jarusz began to capitulate to unconsciousness, he noted with some detachment the odd numbness he felt as his left eye socket splintered and the orb within burst.

Niobas Lorr, Marshall and Ancient of the World Eaters Legion, dragged Jarusz’s unconscious body, through the dust and grime of the twelfth’s camp, by the young Champion’s armoured collar. As he hauled Jarusz’s limp body into the centre of the Cage, Legionnaires began to gathered, shocked at the scene unfolding before them. He didn’t care. He wanted them to know. He wanted them to see their Champion’s defeat, and the blood and detritus caking his ruined face. He wanted them to reinvigorate their sense of purpose. As Lorr stood atop a boulder in the arena, the World Eaters host assembled around him, some aghast at the bloody fists of their commanding officer, others drawn by the scent of Jarusz’s rich Astartes blood, some quietly not at all surprised at this turn of events. He quieted their rumbles and murmurs with a roar.

“This is the cost of arrogance! This is the price of sowing discord between our Legion and our allies! We did not come to this world to play politic, and we did not come here to boast of our ! We are the World Eaters! We come only to bring death, and we come only to conquer! Only kill! Only triumph!”

A great shout went up from the assembled legionnaires as they roared their accession.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As promised yesterday, better shots of the Assault Squad I'm working on at the moment!

First up is Aj'rior (on the left), as mentioned above, and his half of the 20 man squad.

gallery_67188_8872_827760.jpg

gallery_67188_8872_577202.jpg

gallery_67188_8872_1452035.jpg

gallery_67188_8872_535981.jpg

gallery_67188_8872_1463773.jpg

And a couple more that are almost at the point of having pauldrons and jump packs added.

gallery_67188_8872_987349.jpg

gallery_67188_8872_894599.jpg

Thanks for looking! As ever, comments would be appreciated.

zxyogi, on 08 Nov 2013 - 18:39, said:snapback.png

Your Fists look like the Emperors finest Marines Malevolent.
Nice work!

There's a good reason for that. wink.png

I was working on a Marines Malevolent army last year, which you and 1000 Heathens were a big part of inspiring, incidentally. But I lost patience with 40k and the way all of the new releases seemed to be either a cheese-laden flyer or a progressively bigger gundam-esque walker. So I packed it in and moved to Heresy stuff. I still really like the idea behind the Marines Malevolent, so decided to make company of Imperial Fists that could eventually lead to the creation of the Emperor's most ruthless, pitiless Astartes. They won't all have the Malevolent's colours, as they do need to be recognisable as the Seventh Legion, but some of them will, just as a nod.

Nice one that Man,liking the sound of that....very much so!!

Glory and Hate!

smile.png

Seriously cool blog dude, looking forward to seeing some more of those 'Fists.

Once you're in, you can never get out. Glory & Hate.

Thanks mate! Fists will probably be post-Christmas at this point, as I don't really have them yet, and all of my 40k money will be going on Christmas presents and so forth. I'm aching for a change from all this white though.

zxyogi, on 08 Nov 2013 - 18:39, said:snapback.png

Nice one that Man,liking the sound of that....very much so!!

Glory and Hate!

smile.png

Cheers zxyogi! I really wanted to do something related to the Marines Malevolent, and this seemed like the easiest way of doing it.

Some very cool and dynamic poses here mate! thumbsup.gif

The World Eaters are very nicly done. The backgroumd is good to.

Needs more Fists now smile.png

Thanks guys! I look forward to pitting them against your own exceptional armies at some point!

UPDATE TIME!

Just a small one this week, as my wife's taken our camera with her on a work trip to the Middle East. This has given me time to work, and I have not been idle! However, it does mean (unfortunately) phone camera photos.

gallery_67188_8872_923414.jpg

20 man Assault Squad is basically done. I'm waiting on some Micro Sol & Micro Set so I can do the decals on all their right shoulders before I do a mass splattering of blood. However, they're pretty much tabletop ready.

I'm really happy about this, because it actually represents the most work I've ever actually finished on a single army in 15 years of being in the hobby. I'd always get distracted by something else and have four armies of partially finished or completely unpainted guys, or half a painted tank. So this represents some progress, which I think is pretty cool. All credit to B&C for giving me the motivation to get them done, particularly those participating in the Loyalty and Treachery thread.

gallery_67188_8872_464277.jpg

gallery_67188_8872_202978.jpg

Having done as much work as I can on the Assault Squad, I rewarded myself by something slightly more interesting, and began work on my Legion Champion, Jarusz, last night. The light wasn't great this morning when I took these pictures, so the power field on the sword looks way more washed out than it actually is (I've still gotta do a bunch of work on it anyway), and I'm obviously taking the pictures on a phone too. But he's coming along nicely.

gallery_67188_8872_289596.jpg

For those keen on some Imperial Fist action... This will soon be yellow and glorious! I've got an order coming from FW with some brass and some icons, and I'm still trying to figure out if I can easily magnetise the sponsons, so at this stage I'm doing both of those elements separately to the main tank.

That's it for now, but I'll post some more pictures when I've got the camera back.

Thanks for looking!

Archived