+++ Call of Chaos VI +++

Captain Semper

im considering trying to sculptvicons on the lords and sorc one shoulderpad, not sure if i should or just do some free hand decor with paint later instead, on the sorch i was ither gonna sculpt an eye or paint one, cause they are off th eburning eye, also that fits with most chaos sorc decor, the lord i was thinking a skull one one but asbi said not syre, so any suggestions? ideas?

chaos lord sculpted and built, now I just need to build the plague marines, then paint them up ^^

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/ad269/thamier/work%20in%20progress/IMG_2156.jpg

as always more pics on my WIP thread right here at this link below, hope you like, love feedback as always ;)

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/278434-let-the-galaxy-burn-balefire-legion-is-back/page-5?do=findComment&comment=3520089

All right guys - keep going! :)

Those Havocs sure look interesting there Dragonlover... What have you done with the helmets, I can't really tell from the pic.. Are they standard Heresy or some warped 40k versions?  

@ thamier: The Lord looks great - I realy like what you've done with the cloak and the overall pose. On to painting!

Updated to this point!

All right guys - keep going! smile.png

Those Havocs sure look interesting there Dragonlover... What have you done with the helmets, I can't really tell from the pic.. Are they standard Heresy or some warped 40k versions?

@ thamier: The Lord looks great - I realy like what you've done with the cloak and the overall pose. On to painting!

Updated to this point!

They're the Anvil Industry Exo-Lords Spec-Ops range. They're a bit more hi-tech looking than normal power armour, with built in scopes on the helmets and that kind of stuff.

Dragonlover

First part of my 'vow' is complete, and the first 5 Terminators stand ready to crush some loyalists!

As per usual, pics can be found in my WIP thread here:http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/281396-andhills-iron-warriors-call-of-chaos-wip/?p=3521184

EDIT: I've also noticed that there's also a link to my "2nd update" on the CSM part of my vow that also leads to the Termie update. Just throwing this out there, but I haven't put up any updates on the CSM's yet. I'm keeping those for tomorrow. msn-wink.gif

Right I completed my fiend and oblits thursday before heading down to warhammer world on friday (was painting until 2am friday morning, typical for a tournament). My tabletop standard isn't much to brag about, but gets the job done and is 1000 times better then playing with grey biggrin.png

I'm aware that chevrons would improve my iron warriors drastically, I just need to work up the courage and enthusiasm to try...

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c397/nurglez/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0677_1_zps9c75fb26.jpg

Close up not great, but hey, pull the camera back a bit tongue.png

1461861_10153427962300459_1115765676_n.j

well done nurglez. sorry, i'd of said it sooner but i was scrolling through and actually read that you'd finished (oops). well done, the gods will surely be happy with those engines and obliterators.

So, my first update for my two vows - I've done little, huzzah!

The Heldrake, bought from a guy at my local club, still requires some assembly...

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/TheNewAgeOutlaw/IMG-20131114-00548_zpse7cb42bb.jpg

The three Bikers are, at the least, sprayed. Tempted to add more to the vow and do a proper batch...!

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/TheNewAgeOutlaw/IMG-20131114-00549_zpsecd29474.jpg

And we're off!

*Edit - for reference, all updates will be posted in the usual thread, namely here: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/262615-rebuilding-a-legion-081113-daemon-princes-maulerforge/?p=3522270

@ sword brethern: Congratulations! Excellent work with the hazard stripes and the cableing on the throat too - a very impressive result on what it is a very impressive model! Look forward for your follow up. :) 

@ Chaeron: good to see you getting started. Good luck mate! :tu:

Updated to this point!

Sweet life. In that case I will attempt to finish a warhound, Zarky (greatest slaanesh demon) and two 8 man squads of bezerkers. Pictures of the starting models to follow either sunday or monday (we are having a housewarming party tomorrow, so I won't fool myself into thinking that I'll do any hobbying ;P)

I Blissful Brushes answer the Call of Chaos and vow to complete two units before January 15th 2014:

1 x Daemon Prince

1 x Dark Apostle

I promise to update my project at least three times per unit pledged or face the wrath of the Dark Gods! If I do this successfully I will receive the Mark of Dark Glory and continue on the path to ruin. If I fail I’ll wear the Mark of the Lost and I expect no mercy on my soul!

Linky:

Blissful Brushes' Mindless Meanderings

Great stuff - some steady pocess here...

@ Brother Heinrich: Spectacular work there mate - the 15th Company is building up to be a quite a sight! :tu:

@ forte: Very promising stuff. Those minis are beyond awesome and the purple/silver combo works really well... How do you do the white?

@ Blissful Brushes: Welcome to the 6th Call of Chaos! Good luck!

Updated to this point!

@Semper. I start with Astronomican Grey. Give it a was with Fang mixed with Lamian Medium then highlight up from Astro again. It'll only be pure white for the last highlight.

The purple still needs work. Tried Xerebus purple but don't like the consistency. Back to Liche Purple with some Space Wolf Grey.

It's really motivational to see everyone's updates. Great minis being done here.

Astronomican... I use the Ulthuan Grey but not overly happy. I might give your recipe a go. Xereus is not bad. I actually find that there are tons of shades you can achieve with Xereus and Genestealer purples depending on the mix ratio...

Look forward for the end result. I think the Kakophoni are probably the best minis in the EC range - and this is saying something! :o

The Kakophoni are amazing I have to admit. Though I have no idea what the little tubes are hanging on chains.

I want the Night Raptors next (same sculptor). They look like proper Night Lord's for once.

Archived