+++ Call of Chaos VI +++

Captain Semper

Kakophoni update 3 (finished)

med_gallery_29004_9016_387603.jpg

Many thanks for the encouragement and there's not too long to go now for those with vows outstanding (including me...) so good luck :tu:

Well done forte! This is the first completed unit in some time - and it rocks! You have succesfully 40k-fied this HH unit with the bright colors and the marble effect! ohmy.png You added an extra layer of decadence! laugh.png

Now onto the Lord! Goes without saying he should have two lightning claws. Rule of cool trumps everything! msn-wink.gif

Edit: Your link above seems not to be working...

Updated to this point!

@Semper. Just removed the link as it'll stop working every time I change the title.

Thanks for the comments but it's chaplainmikey who brought the Kakophoni to 40k with his black and pink. Mine are more 34k ;) Yours look really good too. Other than those and a squad on CMoN I've not really noticed many being done which is a big shame.

First pic of the horrors...a horrible mess, haha I speedpainted them for a tournament without proper conversions or anything, so greenstuff is coming, then a new layer of pink...or maybe basecoating or something...meh...

And the second pic of the herald, all bundled up with the horrible horrors in one crappy image:

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/1203/0q5b.jpg

First pic of the horrors...a horrible mess, haha I speedpainted them for a tournament without proper conversions or anything, so greenstuff is coming, then a new layer of pink...or maybe basecoating or something...meh...

And the second pic of the herald, all bundled up with the horrible horrors in one crappy image:

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/1203/0q5b.jpg

I hate those models so much, but I have a lot of faith that your take on them will be epic as usual.

Ok guys, good progress!

@ zyl- : It seems you got quite a task in your hands - Cultists, cultists everywhere! :D

@ excessus: it does look like a mess, but we are confident you're turning this around big time! Good luck!

Updated to this point!

First (real) update:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/284303-coc-vow-night-lords-dread-and-squad/

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w291/meadows88/IMG_0185_zps10e2bbdb.jpg

Finished the semester so I can actually start working on my vow. I will not be updating all my progress here, but I will update here when I finish a mini or make significant progress on a mini. the above links to my WiP page.

C and C is always welcome of course (encouraged actually). Believe it or not I have actually improved a lot thanks to input from you people here :)

+++ OFFICIAL UPDATE: DEPRECATOR LAND RAIDER COMPLETE! +++

Let there be celebrations!

I have reached that magic point where you wipe your brow (smudging yet more paint on from when you set your pinky in the wet palette) and realize that the vision you had for your project has been achieved! Follow the Link to witness the newest addition to my grimy grey warband!

+++

I forgot to ever take the middle picture of the bezerkers, oops, to be fair I went from base coat and trim to done on friday haha. Well here they are. Can't find my sharpie paint pen to highlight the rhinos, so they will do until I find where they sell them out here. Now on to the titan!

1467430_10152098439014467_955724524_n.jp

1474463_10152098439109467_225796010_n.jp

@ 200plus: Looks good mate. I Would start of a black undercoat myself given the dark end result but it appears you managed quite well... On c&c I'd say you may want to add some highlights around the edges. This will add definition to your model and it's really not too much work. Also thinning down the paint a bit before you apply will give a smoother appearence overall. Other than that, you have a threatenign dudte there - let's see that axe completed! :)

@ Ammonius: Well, it's funny that the Land Raider is actually the "small" part of your pledge - not many can claim that! Looks awesome with those tracks too. Well done! Now for the big guy!

@ steve shields: I'm a bit confused... Are you calling them complete? I'm not sure from your text... Are the rhinos done? You mention highlighting and I see the hatches missing so not sure... :unsure: In any case I have updated your status as a second update but if you tell me they are done, I'll do them as third update as well... (hatches man! ;) )

Updated to this point!

I didn't forget my small fleet, well I did, but I remembered now so then doesn't count, or it did count, but by remembering I redacted the mark against me for failing to do anything about my vow.  Well, I actually still haven't done any more so perhaps it is reinstated, but only at partial credit.  Perhaps not partial credit because I am famous for completing these painting challenges at the last minute and I would be remiss to change that, except there was that Blood Angels one which I finished early by mistake, but that doesn't count since it is a vow for the false-emperor.  Although my Guard were completed at the last minute, so maybe it does count, however, my Guard do wear a number of hats from the loyalist Syrinx 2112th to hybrid minions of the Hive Mind, although I did tell you those Primaris Psykers were not clearly not xenos scum, or even devotees of the Ruinous Powers, well only half of them as Slaanesh or Tzeentch never got a Forgeworld army list, although I suppose in the unaligned list they still may pay homage to all four at once giving those two a backdoor in.  Perhaps I am rambling, but I don't think so, even if this post did get away from me a little...

...That said, I am still here and I will get those cruisers and heavy cruisers posted on before the deadline.  Maybe I'll even throw in a few Land Raiders in way of an apology for my habitual procrastination. 

My first vow entry

Here some pictures of my new Iron Warriors. First the Warsmith:

IMG 4713

IMG 4715

I know his Combimelter seems kinda big, but I hope that it
won’t look as big when he is on his base.

And his retinue, the Iron Immortals. Due to their shields and high amount of bionics I will use them as Plague Marines in games.

IMG 4710

I hope that I will have enough time in the next few weeks to fix the fluff and start a new Iron Warrior thread, so that you will get a little more than just the pics. wink.png

My two starting photos for my 3 Bikers and my 3 Bikers:

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/TheNewAgeOutlaw/GW/IMG-20131216-00627_zps3d72e945.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c254/TheNewAgeOutlaw/GW/IMG-20131216-00626_zps001d36c6.jpg

Oh man, I've been totally swamped... buying a house and moving are hugely time consuming and stressful endeavors...  Fortunately I'm back to painting, but unfortunately, the quality may not be up to my normal standards by the deadline, but I'll have to cope!  Lots of updates soon!

So I can see a lot of activity going on here! The Ruinous Powers must be satisfied...

@ Chaeron: So you're upping the stakes... Careful, there is a long way to fall. Unless you're a Fallen in which case you fell already so nothing to lose I guess! :D Your new vows are in! :D

@ Fasha: Did not understand a word so everything is back to normal. :P

@ DeRomeo: promising start mate - look forward to see them done.

@ 200plus: Looks good - the primer is a bit thick on the legs - but the pose and the green stuff more than compensates. Why wait till New Year's eve to start painting?

@ steve shields: The Imperial lapdogs have stolen the hatches! What a weird thing to steal! :D Never mind - they'll go cabrio, the ladies love it!

@ Dragonlover: Those havocs are sweet! I really think they are superior to the "standard" GW take on them! Now just the Heldrake and you're done! :tu:

@ Jasp: Nicely done mate! Like the bases too! ;)

@ minionboy: Friendly advice: DO NOT compromise your painting. If you make it that's great. If you don't you're a Chaos Spawn. But a Chaos Spawn with minis to be proud of, not sub-standard ones. And being a Spawn is not that bad, it could be worse: you could be a loyalist! Plus the Mark of the Fallen is cool! hahaha!!

Updated to this point!

@ minionboy: Friendly advice: DO NOT compromise your painting. If you make it that's great. If you don't you're a Chaos Spawn. But a Chaos Spawn with minis to be proud of, not sub-standard ones. And being a Spawn is not that bad, it could be worse: you could be a loyalist! Plus the Mark of the Fallen is cool! hahaha!!

Don't you worry!  Unfortunately I have a bigger deadline too, the army has to be playable for the Las Vegas Open!  Fortunately though, I know myself well enough and I can't stand having imperfect models, so it wont be long before I can give them a few more passes to bring them up to snuff.  :)

I will do my best however to complete the challenge and do it at the highest quality that I can!

Archived