=][= Loyalty & Treachery =][=

Captain Semper

I'm going to throw my axe into the pot for this shenanigans. And befitting the title of this event I am submitting my vow to complete Khârn's command squad plus hanger ons.

I have not worked out details but as of now it will be a Legion Command Squad (Jeddeck and others), an apothecary (Kargos), and a centurion (Amit, the Flesh Tearer). I am away from my notes but will flesh this little group out over the next few days. I might also add Esca later, as well as Angel Tal.

World Eaters 8th Company Command and other notable characters.

-Legion Command Squad (standard bearer and 2 vets)

-Apothecary Detachment (one apothecary)

-Legion Centurion (Blood Angels)

Sweet! Even ADB is participating! This is going to be an awesome event then.

With the knowledge that primed is ok, I'll shall make my Oath.

Imperial Fists Trench-sweepers, 750 points

Praetor: 135

-Paragon blade, boarding shield

Breachers: 430

-20x, 2 meltas, 2 flamers, nuncio, vexila, sarge thunder hammer and arti

Tactical Support Squad: 185

-10x, 9 flamers, sarge combi-flamer

I know points doesn't really matter, but that's what I'm going for.

As promised, I'm in. Since my Grand Desing, as Captain Semper put it, isn't going to fit into a single post, I'm just going to show the units I'm going to paint next and the ones I've already painted here.

The squads in green are the ones I'm going to paint next, the rest are already finished or simply need some finishing touches, like gore effects on some of the World Eaters.

World Eaters

Angron

Command Squad (4)

Cataphract Terminator Squad (5)

Contemptor Dreadnought

Apothecary

Tactical Squad with Bolters (10)

Tactical Squad with Chainaxes & Bolt Pistols (13)

Tactical Support Squad with Meltaguns (5)

Assault Squad(10)

Rampager Squad (10)

Jetbikes (3)

Predator with Plasma turret

Spartan

Heavy Support Squad with Lascannons (5)

Emperors's Children

Centurion

Rapier Battery with Laser Destroyers (2+4)

Tactical Squad (10)

Assault Squad (10)

Heavy Support Squad with Autocannons (5)

Heavy Support Squad with Lascannons (5)

Sons of Horus

Loken

Abaddon

Justaerin Terminator Squad (10)

Primus Medicae

Terminator Squad (5)

Tactical Squad with Bolters (10)

Tactical Squad with Bolters, Ccw & Bolt pistols (14)

Recon Squad with Snipers (5)

Heavy Support Squad with Missile Launchers (5)

And that's just what's next on the line. I've got about another 2000ish point of assembled models waiting their turn, not to mention the unassembled ones...

Here is my army list, the units I'm pledging are in green!

HQ
LEGION PRAETOR - 140
- PARAGON BLADE (MASTER CRAFTED)
- RITES OF WAR: PRIDE OF THE LEGION

LEGION COMMAND SQUAD - 230
X5
- 4X POWER WEAPON
- 1X POWER FIST
- RHINO

LEGION CENTURION - 125
- CONSUL LIBRARIAN
- ARTIFICER ARMOUR
- TWO LEVELS OF PSYCHIC MASTERY

TROOPS
LEGION VETERAN TACTICAL SQUAD - 285
X10
- LEGION VEXILLA
- PLASMA GUN
- COMBI-WEAPON (PLASMA)
- POWERFIST
- RHINO
- FEARLESS

LEGION VETERAN TACTICAL SQUAD - 285
X10
- LEGION VEXILLA
- PLASMA GUN
- COMBI-WEAPON (PLASMA)
- POWERFIST
- RHINO
- FEARLESS

LEGION VETERAN TACTICAL SQUAD - 275
X10
- LEGION VEXILLA
- 2x MELTA GUN
- COMBI-WEAPON (MELTA)
- POWERFIST
- ARTIFICER ARMOUR
- OUTFLANK

HEAVY SUPPORT
LEGION HEAVY SUPPORT SQUAD - 160

- 5 MISSILE LAUNCHERS

Ok I'm in. Hopefully will do better then my last painting pledge.

Alpha Legion - 15th Harrow, Siege Infiltration Company

Alpharius (Thraxus Ztaban) - Legion Vigilator

Omega Squad - Legion Seeker Squad (10)

Xi Squad - Legion Tactical Squad (10)

Sigma Squad - Legion Tactical Squad (10)

Tau Squad - Legion recon Squad (10)

Legion Sicaran Battle tank (Heavy Support Harrow)

Mechanicum - 15aev45ssty - Lernaea Cohort

Magos Dominus

Thallax Cohort (3)

Castellax

Consider me in too - I'll be pledging:

Abaddon

10x Justaerian Terminators

10x Justaerian Terminators

Contemptor Dreadnought with Kheres Pattern Assault Cannon and Power Claw

10x Reaver Attack squad

10x Reaver Attack squad

10x Tactical squad

10x Tactical squad

5x Heavy Support squad with Autocannons

5x Heavy Support squad with Heavy Bolters

I've also set up the following thread here to document my progress: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/281902-sons-of-horus-plog-lt/

This is going to be awesome! Thanks Captain Semper for arranging this!

OK guys, looks good so far!

@ Fenris Kid: I have added your name in the list in case you eventually come accross the models you want to paint. If not no harm done! biggrin.png

@ Chaplain Mortis: thanks! look forward for your entry.

@ Laborious: You know, things to do, places to be... laugh.png

@ TheWarmaster: Primed is fine!

Updated to this point

Sorry if I was unclear but I had originally pledged to paint 6 models but realised that I would probably not be able to do all of them. I have removed 3 from the list that I originally pledged. The 3 remaining I still pledge to complete. I will try and complete the other 3 and may add them to my pledge at a later date if that is all right.

Sorry about the misunderstanding.

Fenris Kid

I'm in.

I Legion: Dark Angels

* Legion Tactical Squad [10], Bolters (x10), Rhino transport
* Legion Tactical Squad [10], Bolters (x10), Rhino transport
* Legion Tactical Support Squad [5], Plasma guns (x5), Rhino transport

[uPDATE: I am withdrawing from Loyalty & Treachery. The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd. My Loyalty has weakened and my Treachery is just too lame!]

I pledge 10 terminators, Praetor Eakon, and 20 assault marines and 2 Contemptor Dreadnaughts (one unit together) for the glory of the Fifth Assault Company, the Despoiler of Cythonia, and for the true Emperor of Mankind, Horus Luprecal!

Been awhile since I was on B&C and even longer since I have done and real painting. So this seems like a great opportunity as I have been thinking bout getting back into the hobby again and have been looking to do some heresy era stuff for awhile.

Based around the loyalist survivors of the Istvaan III virus bombing campaign conducted by the traitor Horus, my Death Guard are going to be the battered remnants fighting for survival in the ensuing ground war.

Just looking to get some basic outline and from there I can decide how exactly I want to play them (I don't really play that wmuch so not very experianced rules-wise). From this core I can then expand the army.

Rough army breakdown:

Praetor w/ Paragon Blade and BP
5*Deathshroud Terminators
Contemptor w/ TL Autocannon 
12*Tactical Marines 
12*Tactical Marines 
5*Heavy Support Marines 

I therefore pledge the following Death Guard units:

-Praetor

-10 Man Tactical Squad

-5 Man Heavy Support Squad

Nothing more specific as I still have to get them and decide where to go from there. Will more than likely start up a log to track their progress, both during 'competition' and beyond.

Got some ideas as to their background and general feel of army, but still needs some refining.

And the following's getting stronger! I think that we have entries from every Legion so far - that's fantastic! :)

@ Fenris Kid: Ok, thanks for clearing it up!

@ Scribe of Khorne: Oh, I'm sure when Massacre becomes availble a lot of things will become clearer... Diabolist anyone? ;)

@ Reaver: Good to see you back on the saddle! Loyalist Death Guard are in for some reinforcements!

Updated to this point!

For the Lion! Here goes with my flufftastic 1st Legion entry. Shortly after Istvaan III, Primarch Jonson of the First Legion led a secret raid on the Forge World of Diamat, in the Tanagra system, Eriden sub-sector. The Forge World lay on the fastest stable warp route between the Istvaan system and Terra, and contained vital war supplies the traitor forces would need. Securing the Forge could tip the balance of the war. This is the beginning of my take on the raiding force led by Jonson, although some liberties have been taken to allow me to use units that weren't released at the time Fallen Angels was released. Where possible I have kept the names of those who appear in the book.

First Legion Strike Force Tanagra, 006.M31 (draft list, to be expanded, vowed units in green)

Rite of War: Pride of the Legion

Force Commander Lamnos, Praetor, 1st Company Commander

Captain Hsien, Centurion, 2nd Company Commander

Brother-Redemptor Nemiel, Chaplain

Apothecarion Detachment - Brother-Apothecary Gideon, Brother-Apothecary ....

Techmarine Covenant - Techmarine Askelon

Legion Contemptor Talon - Squad Echo-4, Brother Titus

Legion Rapier Weapons Battery

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad - Squad Alpha-6, Brother-Sergeant Kohl

Legion Veteran Tactical Squad

Legion Terminator Squad

Legion Reconnaissance Squad

Legion Predator Strike Armour Squadron - 1 x MkIVb Predator

So, its a Recce squad, an apothecary and a Predator to start! smile.png

First shot of the Recce Squad (from Anvil Industry - awesome models!):

http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii324/facmanpob/Miniatures/works%20in%20progress/1371397_10151732638433924_670435079_n_zpsf4cbc1c8.jpg

and of the apothecary in protoype MkVI armour (although he isn't glued yet so changes may occur):

http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii324/facmanpob/Miniatures/works%20in%20progress/1394796_10151754612913924_1290203922_n_zps8fc07795.jpg

@facmanbob - whilst I'm not a fan of corvus helms outside RG it's looking nice, interesting pose as well :) and I really like those AI models for the recce squad :D

@facmanbob - whilst I'm not a fan of corvus helms outside RG it's looking nice, interesting pose as well :) and I really like those AI models for the recce squad :D

All we need now is someone to pledge 'The Duel' - has anyone got Ferrus & Fulgrim?

@facmanbob - whilst I'm not a fan of corvus helms outside RG it's looking nice, interesting pose as well smile.png and I really like those AI models for the recce squad biggrin.png

Cheers! I've always been a fan of the corvus armour, and I've got a million beaky heads left over from the Ravenwing Command Squad boxes I bought for my 40k force. As my army is 'set' around the time of Istvaan there would have been some MkVI in use for testing throughout the legions (and the First Legion would undoubtedly have requested some from Mars), and as the force is defending a Class I-Ultra Forge World I'm allowing them to 'pilfer' other items of kit from the Forge as necessary for modelling purposes! msn-wink.gif In addition, the book Fallen Angels describes the strike force as being made up of picked veterans, so in my mind that opens them up to being given the latest groovy kit! There won't be a lot of beakies around, but enough here and there to be noticeable. biggrin.png

Availability of Typhon and Grave Wardens means The Reaping will have to wait a while, as will option 2, Terror Attack. So...

The Black Reaving

XVI Legion: Sons of Horus

*Ezekyle Abbaddon and Justaerin Command Squad (5) | Update 1 | Update 2

*Reaver Attack Squad (10) | Update 1 | Update 2

*Jetbike Sky Hunter Squad (3) | Update 1 | Update 2

There are some truly intimidatingly skilled guys and gals involved in this.

It's alright - we can but do our best tongue.png finish the force brother Dembski-Bowden and great glory shall be yours smile.png

Also - Semper - http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/281948-iron-hands-loyalty-treachery-and-battle-for-humanity/ <- I've put the pre-paint pics here and that'll be my main plog, however do you want a 'start, middle and end' pic on here as well? - and I've had to edit a couple of my models (have edited the original post) as I don't have the bits yet.

Archived