=][= Loyalty & Treachery =][=

Captain Semper

Didn't paint jet, but managed to build a Recon Squad:

http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp282/PoomW/ReconSquad0101.jpg

Can you add this please to my List Captain Semper?

Legion Reconnaissance Squad

5 Space Marines

- Recon armour

- 5 x Sniper rifle

- - - > 150 Points

Thx!

Edit:

Here are the extra views which were lost in the server crash:

http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp282/PoomW/ReconSquad0103.jpg

http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp282/PoomW/ReconSquad0104.jpg

Alright, I have to ask about these chaps!

Did you find it easy to convert their arms? Because all the Scout kits I've seen have fairly non-versatile hands, and in the case of shotguns and bolters, have the left hands sculpted onto the guns...

@ Barabbas Sogalon: Those volkites sure look sweet - well done Barabbas! And the Apoth too! Would you condsider some highlighting on the coils? It might be a good contrast to the "dirty" look on your DG! And yes, if you paint the third unit before Dec 15 then the title of Legion Chaplain will be definetly yours! :tu:

@ Noserenda: Looks good but you need to steady those hands - the pic quality takes something away from your work... Still, it's early on, so when the final pic comes I'm sure we'll witness your work in all its glory! That Sicaran DEMANDS IT! :D 

@ Jasp: I'm sorry to hear that... But i'm happy your job is picking up - at least there should be moremoney coming your way in the end of the day... I cannot help but notice though that you're dropping out after completing 2 out of 3 units required and still with two months to go? :no: Let me offer alternatives here:

1. Forget everything else and focus on a single WE unit. Preferably one you've already started work on. Say that Legion Chanp count-as Khârn (totally awesome conversion too). Do him to the exclusion of everything else.
  2. Forget everything WE and just substitute your pledge with (at least) one unit of DG.

I say make the final effort - a single mini is all it takes. ;)

Updated to this point!

Updates!

Assault Squad is basically done, just waiting on some Micro Sol and Micro Set to do the decals before I do blood splatter. This is a bit of a milestone for me, because I have never, in 15 years of being involved in the hobby, managed to get this many models to a point where I'm happy to say they're complete. So I'm quite pleased! I am, however, fairly sick of painting white.

gallery_67188_8872_923414.jpg

As I've got as far as I can for now on these guys, I've started work on Jarusz, the World Eaters Champion and the Predator for the Imperial Fists, which are below.

gallery_67188_8872_464277.jpg

gallery_67188_8872_289596.jpg

More WIPs and detail are in the thread in my sig if anyone's keen to see more.

Captain Semper: Definitely, I seem to be cursed with Cameras but did a better job this time! I couldnt find all my basing stuff after the move, right now im knackered so i gave up! But the models are pretty much done bar the last tidying.

Destroyer Squad, im still torn about going for "Destroyer Black" because if it goes wrong itll look poo :/ Sergeants head was a bit of a mess around the eye, his skin is darkened from Rad Exposure so the scarring is hard to pick out cleanly. Any tips welcomed!

Moritat and Apothecary, very happy with the poses here, though the Apothecarys beak needs tidying. Im thinking the next squad or so will be in MK6, its increasingly common in Heresy Depictions of Alphas and stands to reason they would be test bedding some too, for much the same reasons as the Raven Guard. Probably a Seeker squad and some Gun crews...

and Rear, Showing Mortiats cheeky melta bomb and the wealth of vials on the Apothecary! I had him carrying an extra Geneseed case (For Apocalypse Mayhem ;) )

Going to crack on with the Sicarian hopefully tomorrow, I also have a Rhino lying around somewhere I had kinda lined up for the Destroyers or SoBs, with their new book being poo its pretty dead cert for the Alphas now will see if I add it :)

Captain Semper, although I have yet to start my pledges, (paints are on their way) I have decided what will be my 3rd pledge, the new Sicaran Venator, yes it's been ordered!!! I'm excited! Hopefully I get it in time and can contribute to my Honour and Loyalty brothers.

P.S. The minis in this thread are amazing and even though I have yet to even start, I feel inspired. Also, daydreaming at work about FW can be hazardous to ones health, yet strangely invigorating at the same time.

Alright, I have to ask about these chaps!

Did you find it easy to convert their arms? Because all the Scout

kits I've seen have fairly non-versatile hands, and in the case of

shotguns and bolters, have the left hands sculpted onto the guns...

I did only minor conversions on the arms, they are all from the Landspeeder Storm kit, lovely poses. The legs needed more atention, though.

Thats what I am working on right now:

http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp282/PoomW/Lightning0112.jpg

Just need to mask the canopy and then he is ready to get primed.

Also did some work on the assault squad..

http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp282/PoomW/Assault0101.jpg

They are based on the SoH Reaver but with exchanged shoulder guards and jump packs. Mk4 helmets will follow.

Wow... loads of stuff...

@ StruManChu: Looking good mate. I'm very happy that this event prompted you to paint consistently up to a 20-strong squad even if you got fed up with white - a difficult color anyway. To be the first time in a 15-year hobbying career is an honor! :D Well done mate, both the Champ and the Pred look very promising - let's see how you tackle yellow in those large surfaces.

@ Jasp: I have added your squad to your list. Looks good, let's see it finished! :D

@ Noderenda: Huge improvement on the pic - congrats on (effectively) completing those Destroyers. As far as the blackened armour goes, as everything in this hobby, it's up to you... You may go for it or you may argue that the armour of your Destroyers is regularly maintained after each mission and therefore does not show signs of rad wear...I tend to agree that in an already dark background, black will just look messy... Leave the Sergeant's head as is. Radiation is supposed to mess things up! Cool that you completed the Moritat too - you are on a good road to become Legion Chaplain!

@ cod_lover: FOR THE GLORY OF THE FIRST! Just do it cod - one of the coolest looking tanks around! :tu:

@ poom: You are an inspiration! Please tell me how do you do the canopy masking... Is it with masking tape or something more elaborate? Is the red shade on the clear part of the masking? Can't wait to see this develop. Assault squad also looks very promising - good mix of parts there! Go, go, go!

Updated to this point!

@Captain Semper

I painted the canopy from inside with Tamiya clear red before glueing it in place, thats where the red shade comes from. Blood red windows seem fitting for the World Eatersbiggrin.png The masking will be done with Micro Mask from Microscale Industries. You can brush it on, so no need for cutting maskingtape into shape. Hope it works.. never used it before wink.png

Great stuff guys!

@ Demon2027: That's a igilator if there wver was one! Very, VERY impressive! :tu: I love the Heresy... :D

@ poom: :blink: I say... this are just too awesome for words! Excellent posing and the gore... well, it just rules! You're a great inspiration poom! I've made the necessary changes in your pledge so everthing should be alright.

@ Battle8rother: Your take on the yellow is really something... It makes me want to take a shot at it myself...

I'm putting my own WIP out there... the Prefector of my Palatines is finished. A few more pics in my relevevant thread (link in the sig)

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb402/ackool/Emperors%20Children/SAM_0572_zpsd4e8d739.jpg

Updated to this point!

Not sure how I missed this, but Captain Semper your words are too kind this is a major compliment. I will try to put up a tutorial either in my wip log or over in the actual painting tutorial area of the B&C.

So, I've started the first of the Catulan Reavers. Still the gold, red and sea green to highlight, as well as fit the pauldrons etc.

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd141/jannerxi/HH/IMG_1313_zpsd328906d.jpg

The black has a little leadbelcher and rhinox hide mixed in, with dawnstone and eldar flesh added for the highlights. Exposed metal is whatever chainmail is called now.

Should have these two cracked by tomorrow http://heresy30k.invisionzone.com/public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png

I did only minor conversions on the arms, they are all from the Landspeeder Storm kit, lovely poses. The legs needed more atention, though.

Oooh, the Land Speeder Storm kit... of course! Thanks! It never occured to me because the only Scouts I own are painted and metal...

Man, that kinda blows my mind... Sweet!

Good progress guys, keep at it!

@ durfast: you need to post the recipe for the sea green - it's a tradition since there are as many variants as there are modellers!

@ facmanpob: We do not doubt you Centurion! The First will see the day through - as always!

@ durfast: you need to post the recipe for the sea green - it's a tradition since there are as many variants as there are modellers!

Fair one, Capt S.

My recipe is a mix of Citadel Loren Forest and The Fang, with a dash of Vallejo Bronze Green, and adding Celestra Grey and Ushabti Bone to highlight.

Here's the next update with just some minor damage to the faceplates and glyphs/tribal markings to add, as well as some tidying up on the gold etc.. I'll leave the right pauldrons blank for now whilst I consider an appropriate squad marking smile.png

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd141/jannerxi/HH/IMG_1315_zps4ad34a13.jpg

Fair one, Capt S.

My recipe is a mix of Citadel Loren Forest and The Fang, with a dash of Vallejo Bronze Green, and adding Celestra Grey and Ushabti Bone to highlight.

Well - that's what I meant! Crazy combos with great results! hahaha!!! :P

other than the bases the first 7 are done

now ill add another seven & 3 land speeders

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/image_zpsef8d1535.jpg

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/image_zpsd15bc0b0.jpg

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/image_zps4119e2e0.jpg

I've finished my first 3! teehee.gif

Sorry I didn't put up the pre-built pictures up before but I am absolutely terrible at getting round to posting pictures on here.\

Abaddon and Loken pre-built (sorry iPhone pictures)

gallery_60140_8592_210500.jpg

gallery_60140_8592_10852.jpg

Abaddon (don't know why he's glossy in pictures)

gallery_60140_8592_70912.jpg

gallery_60140_8592_71795.jpg

gallery_60140_8592_84552.jpg

Loken

gallery_60140_8592_46088.jpg

gallery_60140_8592_3393.jpg

gallery_60140_8592_25392.jpg

Heavy Weapon Squad pre-built

gallery_60140_8592_63690.jpg

Heavy Weapon Squad

gallery_60140_8592_89107.jpg

Archived