=][= Loyalty & Treachery =][=

Captain Semper

Why is their left pauldron greay instead of pearl white?

Yeah I know it isn't the usual way but when I started the forge world scheme hadn't been released and there were quite a few conflicting suggestions as to what their colour scheme was so I just went with something I thought looked cool and as Durfast said, it helps the transfers stand out more.

This thread is amazing, and full of some really motivating and inspirational painters. Well done all!

A couple more updates from me. My Champion is nearly complete, just a little bit more tidying up and splattering to go, and then he's done.

gallery_67188_8872_287061.jpg

I've also done a quick blu-tac assembly of the first of my three (!) Contemptors. Each of the three will be one of the 52nd's former heroes, with this one being a Banner Bearer in his former life. Still trying to figure out exactly how I'm going to pull this pose off.

gallery_67188_8872_200822.jpg

That's it for today. I will hopefully post some more updates later this week, but I've signed up for a 10km Charity run for Movember which happens on Saturday, so will be doing a fair whack of training during evenings this week. I've only been running for a few weeks, and while it's going well, it's still a long way, and I'm going to need all the help I can get. Wish me luck!

Great progress guys!

@ Jasp: I thought you were quitting, no? laugh.png well done mate - it seems you found your true calling with the Death Guard! I'm marking you as Complete and you are now not only a Centurion of the XIV but a Chaplain should you so wish... thumbsup.gif I have updated your pledges to incorporate the Speeders and the other squad!

@ Fenris Kid: Another Centurion - this time of the XVIth Legion- and a Chaplain at that! Excellent Fenris Kid - nice hjob on those emblematic figures of the 30k Universe!

@ StruManChu: Your Champion sure looks great - add the (obligatory) splatter and you have yourself a true WE Consul! Not martking this as complete yet, I want to see the promised blood first! (Ok, you caught me, I'm reallly Khorne under the robes laugh.png). Good luck with the Contemptor!

I also have made some progress, I completed the third Palatine Blade and am very close to complete the 4th. Then the 5th and I'll have my three vows done!

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb402/ackool/Emperors%20Children/SAM_0596_zps47bbb189.jpg

Updated to this point!

Very nice Semper. I'm envious of your basing (the quality of the figures goes without saying). :D

BTW: I'll have an update up tonight most likely, but am changing/adding.

The Tact Squad Rhino is going to be a drop pod, adding in 8 Seekers with a Pod as well.

Everything look great as always Brothers!

Ive finished basing the Destroyers and Friends but been distracted from the Sicarian by a massive pile of Iron Warriors...

Ill probably be adding them to the pledge in due course but for now some final photos and then ill take my brush to some treads!

Destroyer Squad
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c188/Noserenda/Models/Alpha%20Legion/20131125_223407.jpg

Apothecary and Moritat
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c188/Noserenda/Models/Alpha%20Legion/20131125_223435.jpg

I also have a Master of Signal and Possibly a Chaplain semi kitbashed to possibly add to the Alphas :D

For the Glory of the First Legion.... Predator Complete! This means that my 3 vows are done! Huzzah! biggrin.png (I'll have to do a group shot!)

http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii324/facmanpob/Miniatures/Space%20Marines/First%20Legion/photo3_zpsdebac07b.jpg

http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii324/facmanpob/Miniatures/Space%20Marines/First%20Legion/photo2_zpsfe289283.jpg

and in Rhino mode...

http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii324/facmanpob/Miniatures/Space%20Marines/First%20Legion/photo4_zpsfed256c1.jpg

More photos in my wip thread (see sig)

Alright Semper, I'll finally jump in... Considering my previous failures when I've pledged to similar events, I'll keep it light this time, but with a few weeks worth of free time expected during the holidays, I should be able to get trough these few :)

Since I have no intention of playing with any of these, I'll just pledge a 'kill-team' sized force, and provide some background as I go along.

As per your advice, I'll go with the 'Allies FOC' as a target and thus pledge the following (exact build to follow, if you don't mind) :

- 1 Centurion w/ command squad

- Apothecary (since they both use a single slot, I might also paint the second one, we'll see...)

- 1 Recon squad

I'll paint 'em in Legio XIX colours, Raven's black...

(my previous interest in the XII having waned after reading trough Betrayer; if only they hadn't been portrayed as having lost their mind so utterly they can't even remember what they'd done... :/ )

@ Noserenda: Great basing there. No don't get distracted - finish what you already have pledge and tghen embark on new adventures! The Sicaran awaits! :)

@ facmanpob: Well done brother... The Inner Circle is indeed proud of you! As from now you are not only a Centurion of the Legion but also a Redemptor if you choose to take on the Crozius... 

@ Player not found: Welcome on board! :) A very good choice of units you got there - what will the Centurion and the Command Squad loadout be? (personal curiosity here - not L&T requirement to disclose or anyhting like that)... Good luck mate! :)

Updated to this point!

@ Barabbas Sogalon: Great Librarian! The free hand on the shoulder pads is great imo. Certainly light years ahead of what I can do... Welcome to the Reclusiam Centurion! smile.png

@ Jasp: I don't know what the Proto Plague Marines you're talking about are (you heretical heretic) but I assume it's the beginning of your second Veteran Tactical squad.... Good luck mate! smile.png

I also made progress, so here's my fourth Palatine Blade:

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb402/ackool/Emperors%20Children/SAM_0600_zpsa7c81944.jpg

And all four done so far:

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb402/ackool/Emperors%20Children/SAM_0602_zps109c357c.jpg

Now one more and my three units are complete! yay! biggrin.png

Updated to this point!

After long thought after finally having the money for my ForgeWorld order, I decided to change over from DeathGuard to Blood Angels. So a change in my vows.

I vow to complete:

-10 Man Tactical Squad
-1 Rhino
-1 Praetor
-1 Apothecary

I might complete more over time, but this is just a standard list for now to get me started! :D

Dammit, I just got the package I had been holding on to get going on my Centurion, but the helmet turned out to be damaged beyond my ability for repairs... I guess I'll go with a Champion or simply a Centurion instead of the Chaplain I had in mind, but I should still be able to pull something interesting off of this, depending on when my last (small, I admit) FW order comes in (figured I'd order *something* so I can get free shipping on a proper order next time... laugh.png)

Im still eyeing up that Sicarian but i keep getting distracted building Infantry...

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c188/Noserenda/Models/Alpha%20Legion/yetmoarcharswip.jpg

Id like to add these Bad Boys to my Pledge for the Alphas Though!

1x Librarian

1x Master of Signal
1x Chaplain

Not trying to game the system, they are built out of Iron Warrior Spares and my bits box, hopefully with my build itch scratched I can crack on with more painting :) Though im tempted to find that Rhino kit i have around somewhere, I would like to be a forgelord... :P

@ Jasp: I'm amazed by this avalanche of creativity man! wow! You start a new mini-project on an almost weekly basis! And those Volkites look just fanastic - such nice minis... Let's see them in the colors of the DG soon! Remember, if you complete 6 units by the end of the period, you'll be eligible for the title of the Champion too! :)

@ Noserenda: I totally get the distraction for building infantry - the minis are so great - and you get a sense of achievement sooner than from building larger items... But the Sicaran also rocks, so yeah, give it your best shot. There is a suprising lack of vehicles pledged in the L&T I really want to see yours finished!

Updated to this point!

Archived