=][= Loyalty & Treachery =][=

Captain Semper

I mean it when I say I hate them, I'll get around to adding another 4 to the squad but they were horrible to manipulate into place, removing flash was impossible without causing damage to the connections and they are brittle.

They look great but I couldn't do another squad

They certainly do look worth the effort though, Jaspcat. I've 5 waiting to be assembled for my DG and am expecting to have the usual bowl of hot water to hand ;)

Gentlemen,

Apologies for my chronic lack of progress but fear not! The Warmasters finest are here at last. Some massively inspirational modelling and painting on here so far.

May I present the first half of my tactical squad. These guys actually look more like veterans than the veterans I'm working on in mk4 plate. Would vets have older armour or be equipped with the newest stuff? Anyway...

http://imageshack.us/a/img834/2962/7szv.jpg

Next is the early workings of Kalus Akaddon, to lead the Catalun Reavers.
http://imageshack.us/a/img853/1303/xqx4.jpg

And last but not least a mock up. Little Horus and Big Horus!
http://imageshack.us/a/img34/707/kcrw.JPG

I've got a couple of drop pods undercoated and a whole bunch of guys in the process of being built. The new Sons of Horus upgrade bits are awesome. The Reavers are proving difficult to base with their dynamic poses. I've been using the cylindrical tabs on their feet and drilling into the bases to effect a primitive sort of pinning. Seems to be working.

Keep up the great work everyone.

Lupercal!

@Geordie - loving the poses and can't wait to see your take on Ekaddon.

Right - since my last WiP log I've completed the Praetor, Legion Champion (had to swap his shield/combi-plasma for a Plasma Pistol) AND the Command Squad, sorry if the pics are a tad large, I've shrunk them but can re-shrink if needed.

gallery_59855_6882_59549.jpg

gallery_59855_6882_132783.jpg

gallery_59855_6882_126007.jpg

So I dare say that's 3 units prior to 15th December (Chaplain & Champion methinks) sweat.giftongue.png I may well have a 4th before then, hopefully have the lot done by xmas and if I had seen sense and included my Contemptors I'd have the Forge Lord as well...

Linky to the rest of it inc. the contemptors -> http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/gallery/image/118645-wp-20131207-008/

I've also just ordered Ferrus Manus so depending on how I'm feeling and RL goes I may pledge the Gorgon himself biggrin.png

Well, I have to say I'm seeing a very high level of commitment and an astonishing quality all round! Both Horus and the Emperor should be extermely proud!

@ Durfast: I stand in awe for this squad... And you made me appreciate the sergeant's head too - not a small feat by any means! This is Heresy in all its glory! thumbsup.gif The Justerin also look promising... We have high expectations now!

@ Scribe of Khorne: Praetor and squad finished to a great stnadard... If I was able to do the lightning effect to a fraction of thisquality I would have started NLs a long time ago... rolleyes.gif The Primus Medicae looks fantastic! I like it so much with 30k when people make the most gruesome and fearsome Apothecaries - this guys are no healers... hahaha!!! Now help me out here:

• you've got the Praetor finished,
  • The 10-strong squad finished except the drop-pod (that substitutes the original Rhino correct?)
  • The Destroyers are out of the picture completely? Are you recalling them?
  • The Contemptor is in.
  • The Primus Medicae is a bonus as it is not a pledge. Do you want to make him an official pledge? Gimme a "before" pic and in he goes!

Anyways, your NLs will know fear once I get my hands on the DAs (when they arrive in 1Q15 tongue.png)

@ jasp: Your completion is marked and you are in a good path to make it to Champion... Keep going mate - and do those bases! msn-wink.gif Good choice on the green too...

@ geordie: I was wondering where you've been... It appears you've been busy! An exquisit start on the SoH... Remember you are obliged to disclose the recipe for the sea green- this is by now a tradition among the SoH players. So many different takes on this scheme, it's so funny! Little Horus and "Big" Horus also look promising - although the "real" Big Horus will be forthcoming (rumored to be the next Primarch to be released) and the all bets are off...

@ Russ Brother: Welcome to the Reclusiam Centurion... You are now a first among peers in your Legion. smile.png

@ Dange: Well, the Reavers sure excite people's inspiration! This is great Dange and up to your usual high standards! I particularly like your attention to detail like the Eyes pf Horus of the shoulder pads... Very evocative stances too... Great minis, and you've done them great justice!

Isn't it great after a couple or three units that the force starts to come together? Motivation in its own right I think...

Updated to this point!

I may be blind here, but you tend to miss things when you stare at the eye for too long....is there any pre heresy word bearers being done? or any other blogs I could find of them? Preferably in their grey stage. Considering getting some for Christmas but I'm at a loss at how to paint them so was hoping to steal ideas...

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, didn't want to start up a new thread just for a question, thanks.

If you ask of whether any of the participants has pledged a Word Bearer army, I think the answer is no. Scribe of Khorne had originally peledged for the XVII hbut have since reverted to VIII. You are more than welcome to start your own - otherwise I suggest you use the seach function in the WIP forum. ;)

I have no before pic on the Primus Medicae has no WIP shot unfortunately!

The Destroyers may actually become World Eaters, otherwise you've got it. I'm also going to add a Seeker squad to go with that Strike Leader, to my VIIIth Legion.

I quite like the red/black/gold you've got there durfast - I'm a little confused as to why you Abaddon has a combi-plasma not his sword? Is he a 'normal' praetor instead or magnetised?

The model comes with both options (in fact the sword option only came as part of the errata for Betrayal). However, most people go for the sword :)

I did the same initially, but then decided the combi-bolter/PW option was both a better match to the scene where he fights Loken (i.e. he only takes up the sword at the very end) and made for a more useful gaming piece.

@ poom - lovely work

@ poom: Top quality as ever poom! This is Scorpius sure looks brutal! Question: what Legion are the trophy helmets from? Iron Hands? Also, lest I forget, this is your third unit completed before the Dec 15 deadline! Welcome to the Reclusiam Centurion! Now if you manage to complete all your pledges in the next month, you'll be eligible for the title of Champion! smile.png

@ Durfast: If you complete both units (Abbadon and Justerin) before Sunday you'll also qualify for both Centurion and Chaplain ranks! They look pretty advanced, so let's see!

Keep them coming guys and remember: the title of the Chaplain is available to all those who complete three units by Sunday!

Updated to this point!

Archived