=][= Loyalty & Treachery =][=

Captain Semper

Captain Semper: not sure, might be IE 10, might be IE 11. it's not my computer, it's a borrowed one from school (they sure won't use it during the holidays)

not sure about what windows it is either...

the strange thing is i used the same computer to post my former update and it worked fine then! ohmy.png

Better late than never. . .

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l38/RAPTOR192/Citadel%20Minatures/Emperors%20Children/P1000379_zps3de2b983.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l38/RAPTOR192/Citadel%20Minatures/Emperors%20Children/P1000382_zpse563b5b5.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l38/RAPTOR192/Citadel%20Minatures/Emperors%20Children/P1000386_zps31b2cc73.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l38/RAPTOR192/Citadel%20Minatures/Emperors%20Children/P1000384_zps3a4b2507.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l38/RAPTOR192/Citadel%20Minatures/Emperors%20Children/P1000390_zps525b9a22.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l38/RAPTOR192/Citadel%20Minatures/Emperors%20Children/P1000388_zps0fdbd206.jpg

Great work on that, but I notice the same issue in my recently (as in today) assembled version. On the hull heavy bolter side, the left track doesnt quite sit flush with the body. I am not sure where the disconnect is, but I may pull mine apart...

@ lokkorex: I can see you take on a big challenge there... Good luck mate!

@ Telhdrat: They look awesome mate! You've done them in record time too... :o I particularly like the work on the blades.

@ Battle8rother: That yellow man - can't have enough of it! Great model isn't it? Your force is coming along very nicely.

@ Laborious: This is indeed a spectacular model painted in very high quality! I have to tell you, I thought you threw in the towel - but it appears that you have been hard at work to produce this beauty! Very well made, mate - a deserving focal point for your army - any army for that matter!

@ Jasp: I see you kick it off - good luck!

Updated to this point!

Update 1 for...

The Sicaran, with Heavy Bolters. I like this kit, but there is a bit of a gap along the left side track. Really nice to put together unlike say...

Sicaran

The Storm Eagle. This was a real pain in the :cuss . Took me a number of sessions as I had to just walk away from it a few times out of fear of flipping my table and/or smashing it to pieces. In the end there are still some gaps that I need to fill, but its close enough at an initial build.

Crop SE1

You can still see a slight gap along either side of the central portion of the fuselage. Those where EASILY 3-4 mm before I butchered the resin/plastic underneath.

Crop SE TopDown

You can still see some of the gap above the door near the intake. Thats the piece I already had to cut down a ton just to sit it flat...

Great model, but I just cant endorse this kit unless your willing to put up with the pain.

Crop SE Profile

Seekers, ready to go now that the bits came in.

Seekers

Rampagers. I really got a good batch here it seems. The details are sharp, and I actually quite liked putting them together. I have some MKII helms coming from Ebay to finish them up.

Rampagers

Painting starts...

Great progress Scribe of Khorne. Unfortunately the constant feedback we're getting for the Stromeagle is that it's extermely difficult to put together... I'm not touching it for this reason alone - even though I'm making a Wrath of Angels army and would love to include a Termie unit in a Stormeagle!

Updated to this point!

So I'm very pleased to say (subject, of course, to approval)...

gallery_67188_8872_1044348.jpg

Vow Complete!

Somehow over the last week and a bit, between doing a load of Christmas shopping and crazy shifts at work, I managed to finish off my last two Contemptors.

First up, Galian the Butcher.

gallery_67188_8872_293607.jpg

gallery_67188_8872_798683.jpg

gallery_67188_8872_714637.jpg

Really, really happy with how he turned out. The axe is probably the most extensive conversion/building work I've ever done (I am NOT good with craft-type activity. Like, at all), so the fact that everything fits and looks vaguely proportional and indeed stays in one piece is something I'm very proud of.

Next, Bruhajj (the slightly less interesting), the only serious firepower of my World Eaters force.

gallery_67188_8872_812998.jpg

gallery_67188_8872_890833.jpg

Not a lot to talk about here. He was obviously much easier to put together than Galian the large-axed. I sponged on some blast marks across his chassis, and again I'm fairly happy with how he's turned out.

And, for good measure, a group shot.

gallery_67188_8872_336011.jpg

Not my most fantastic photograph, but I think it shows a little bit of just how good the Contemptor kits are. They're so versatile and flexible, and the quantity of different kits we'll end up with (20 legions, plus standard, relic and Hecaton Aiakos) should allow for some really interesting builds in future. I'm certainly having more at some point.

Anyway... That's all from me! Depending on what Santa (or my lovely Mrs.) brings me tomorrow, I may be back with another quickfire vow to get done before the 15th.

Merry Christmas to all those celebrating, and a wonderful day off for those who don't!

StruManChu - congrats on your completion! Those Contemptors kick ass! The huge axe is awesome, it looks like it could chop up a squad of terminators effortlessly. I like the mortis patttern dread as well. Despite starting life as a Death Guard Contemptor it really fits in well.

Hail Brothers - I seem to be getting through my painting pretty quick at the moment so I offer another unit to the altars of bloody treachery - Terminator Squad Viriliter Bellatorem (Courageous Warrior) (5 Men) - Cataphractii Armour, Plasma Blaster, 2 Paired Lightning Claws, 1 Chainfist, 1 Power Fist and Sgt w/ Combi-Weapon and Grenade Harness.

tadaa :D

I'll have before pics up in my wip shortly and completed picts for the remaining terminators before new years :) Ave Imperator!!

Man, that axe is huge. Ridiculously so even, yet still awesome at the same time thumbsup.gif

And Laborious, the Sicaran is indeed a glorious sight to behold!

I decided it's time I painted some loyalists so next up is some Iron Hands. A five man heavy support squad with volkite culverins:

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff46/Gorzag_bucket/Loyalty%20and%20Treachery/DSC_0185_zpsc263c2c2.jpg

@ struManChu: Well, what can I say man? This is some painting - your dreads are all epic, with the Butcher (what an odd name for him tongue.png) standing out! You are the first to be awarded the title of the Legion Champion! woot.gif

@ Jasp: I see where you're going with these! Good luck! thumbsup.gif

@ Russ Brother 92: Your vows are updated!

@ Telhdrat: MkIII and Culverins are made for each other! biggrin.png Your vows are updated!

Updated to this point!

Now I'll be in London from tomorrow until Jan 4. That means that an iPad is all I'll have, making updates difficult. So although I'll be around throught the coming week, the next update won't be coming before next Saturday. That should not stop you posting your progress and completions, just don't expect the first page to be updated before I return to Athens next Saturday. msn-wink.gif

Okay, in for a penny and all that. Next batch will be Death Guard - could be tight.

Primus Medicae in AA with powersword

Hyperios Air Defence battery

Rapier Laser Destroyer Battery

Photos to follow smile.png

Edit: Photo:

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd141/jannerxi/HH/IMG_1379_zpse736102e.jpg

Archived