CtFA's Renegade Artillery Regiment.

Thanks guys. It actually wasn't that much of a pain to line every thing up in its different configurations. I primed everything black then drew on the pattern in pencil starting from the front and working back. Now that I've got 1 Superheavy I want to do another. I think I'll try a octo-blade but first I'm going to do a vendetta. I already have the FW conversion kit just need to pick up a valkarie when I go to get my weathering powder.

• 2 weeks later...

It really wasn't a bad kit to build. For me I like to build most or all my models first. Then I can paint when ever I find time. With this kit I had to finish paint all the interior parts before I could build it. With the few hours I could spend on the project. It just seemed to take forever.

Here is a pic of the interior of the cargo compartment.

gallery_65696_7693_49071.jpg

Looking very good, though I think that's way too much detail in the cockpit - you'll have to show it to every opponent to make it worthwhile tongue.png It's all worth it in the end so keep at it. It took me a long time to complete mine, I'm not a particularly fast painter though and I fuss over not making mistakes plus the kit has to be done in stages if you want to paint it all.

The main gripes I had with it was the manual that needed to be a bit better and the Heavy Bolter sponson bits didn't fit quite right, the same with the canopy. With a bit of effort these problems are surmountable and it doesn't look bad. Oh, and apparently the rear ramp doesn't stay up properly but as I had to repair mine I've not had this problem, which is nice.

Lahmian Medium is a good paint to have, aside from dulling transfers it also protects the model. I like to use it on metal models to help prevent damage and paint it on bits that poke out or are likely to be used to pick the model up. Stuff like weapons sticking out and the like, it's well worth doing :)

The colour scheme is very nice, the grey and black go well together and the black bits feel like they're in the right places in the right amount :D I agree that the model would probably like some weathering but make sure you're happy with the methods you're going to use first and test them out, or you'll be faced with some disheartening repainting if it doesn't work out!

• 2 months later...

I am going to get some flakk here but even through the knight is nicely painted, I think the lack of color really really hurt it. It need something, and the base is lacking.  Everything else in your blog is good, and to high standard.  

Nice MFD in the cockpit and nice two-tone color scheme.

Btw - what color is that Knight?

Thanks, I went with "steel legion drab" for the main color and "death world green" for the green stuff.

I am going to get some flakk here but even through the knight is nicely painted, I think the lack of color really really hurt it. It need something, and the base is lacking.  Everything else in your blog is good, and to high standard.  

I didnt want bright colors. I feel a war machine should look like its ready for war and not the parade ground. I went with the drab colors for a more battle tech mech look. Yah im still gonna add some shrubs and stuff to the base. Once I get it.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived