Grotsmasha's Conversion Challenge 4: Duels and Dioramas

Grotsmasha

Welcome one and all to 

Grotsmasha's Conversion Challenge 4: Duels and Dioramas,

the forth challenge, the one I've most been looking forward too.

If you didn't catch Chaplains, Librarians or Captains, you can check them linked below

Chaplains HERE

Librarians HERE

Captains HERE

So the premise is pretty simple, you have 3 whole months to kit-bash a Duel or Diorama for your army or display following the rules outlined below.

Firstly though, for the first time the Challenge will be going multi-forum to allow Xenos combatants in your Duel or Diorama. The second forum is The International Brotherhood of Hobbyists, and is mostly non-B&C projects by B&C members.

The most important rule for this Challege is NO XENOS ON THE B&C !!!!!! Any Xenos images will be mercilessly melta'd by the Mods, and they will be watching !!!

For the rest of the rules only bother with them if you'd like a chance at the prize, if you're just in it for the funzies, skip the rules below and jump on in. 

RULES:
1- The finished model is not to be painted, the conversion should be bare plastic/resin/metal, the small odd painted piece stolen from a previously painted model is OK.

2-A: Minimum base size is 60mm (Dreadnought size). I recommend larger, 60mm is pretty tight with multiple models on it.

2-B: There's two options for the bases;

---> Scratch built base, no additional requirements.

---> Purchased base, if you choose to buy a sculpted base, your Duel/Diorama will need to be accompanied with a small fluff piece centred on the Duel/Diorama.

3-A: B&C: Minimum two models, all models MUST be from B&C approved armies.

3-B: IBoH: Minimum two models, one of which MUST be from B&C approved armies. 

3-C: There is no maximum amount of models, a massive melee is A-OK.
4- Maximum of 25% existing models in Metal/Finecast, and any Plastic Independent/Named Characters:
---25% consists of the following combinations;
--- Head- 0% can be from any existing model
---1x Arm- 12.5%, 2x Arms- 25% either from the same or separate models
---1x Leg- 12.5%, 2x Legs- 25% either from the same or separate models
---Torso- 25%
---Things like FW's Red Scorpion upgrade pack DO NOT count to the 25% limitation.
5- Green Stuff/Sculpting putty is fine, small details to a full sculpt.

6- No unit type restrictions, Apothecaries, Techmarines, Champions, Captains, Standard Bearers, whatever you want.
7-
3 calendar month build time, October 1st 2013 til January 2nd 2014, this guarantees everyone gets the full 3 months.
8- Multiple entries per user.
9- You must declare participation a minimum of 24hrs prior to declaring completion, having said that, I don't mind if you've had a little head start,.

10- If you wish to catch-up for any previous challenge, declare your intention here and post your completed models in the appropriate Completions thread. This will entitle you to use the banners/pips from that challenge, the time frame from the current challenge still applies. You'll find the links at the start of this post.

HOW TO ENTER:
Right, so now you know the rules, how do you enter?

First off for B&C appropriate entries, declare your participation here in this thread, with the following declaration,

I, {insert your name} undertake Grotsmasha's Duels and Dioramas Kit-Bash Challenge to kit-bash at least one {Duel or Diorama} by January 2nd, 2014.

which will earn you a participation banner/pip to wear in your signature.

Or for entries with Xenos, declare your participation in the IBoH forum Sign-Up thread HERE. If you are entering over on the IBoH forum you will need a personal Image hosting account (Imagur/Flicker/ I use Photobucket) to post pics as you aren't allowed to use your B&C gallery to post pics there. Also, please feel free to link to any W.I.P's or Completions back in this thread.

Next, I will create a completion thread and link it in this thread, and that will be where completed models should be posted in the following format of Six pictures,

Front
http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y464/Grotsmasha/IMAG0187_zps28984cef.jpg

Left
http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y464/Grotsmasha/IMAG0188_zps1223f637.jpg

Rear
http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y464/Grotsmasha/IMAG0189_zps37f87313.jpg

Right

http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y464/Grotsmasha/IMAG0190_zpsd6debdf7.jpg

3 View - A raised or lowered pic showing 2 sides of the model.

http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y464/Grotsmasha/IMAG0191_zps81044d51.jpg

http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y464/Grotsmasha/IMAG0192_zps15b49827.jpg

Completing your kitbash before January 2nd will earn you a Completion banner/pip to wear in your signature, which is yet to be made.

Post your completed Captains here, Grotsmasha's Conversion Challenge 4: Duels and Dioramas Completion Thread

In addition to the banners/pips offered for participation/completion, there will be a prize!!!!!!

What prize?? I hear you ask. It will be my entry into this challenge. This prize will be awarded to my favourite entry, and it will be completely based on my personal preferences and opinions.

Ok, just one last rule, HAVE FUN!!!!!, this little challenge is all about creating a cool new model for your army

If anyone has questions or needs clarification on something, just post here or shoot me a P.M.

Cheers,

Jono

I, Argun1 undertake Grotsmasha's Duels and Dioramas Kit-Bash Challenge to kit-bash at least one Post-Duel-Diorama by January 2nd, 2014.

which will earn you a participation banner/pip to wear in your signature.

I, Aquilanus, hereby undertake Grotsmasha's Duels and Dioramas Kit-Bash Challenge to kit-bash at least one {Duel or Diorama} by January 2nd, 2014.

Any members wishing to submit anything via IBoH and needs any assistance is also welcome to contact me or any of the Admins/Mods there (although it would be quicker to PM me here)

It's good to see this on the move smile.png

I, Biohazard undertake Grotsmasha's Duels and Dioramas Kit-Bash Challenge to kit-bash at least one {Duel or Diorama} by January 2nd, 2014.

I've been meaning to rebuild my Star Phantoms field goal mini diorama so this is perfect. :)

I, Brother Heinrich, do undertake Grotsmasha's Duels and Dioramas Kit-Bash Challenge and vow to kit-bash at least one(1) diorama by January 2nd, 2014.

*Edit: I do also vow, in this oath of moment, to kit-bash a Chaplain and Librarian for the purposes of earning the completion pips for those previous competitions. (Pending your approval Grotsmasha)

I, KBA, undertake Grotsmasha's Duels and Dioramas Kit-Bash Challenge to kit-bash at least one {Duel or Diorama} by January 2nd, 2014.

Bitz are coming in for this beast of a project and I cannot wait for the snow to fall for some time off work!!! :)

I, Brother Heinrich, do undertake Grotsmasha's Duels and Dioramas Kit-Bash Challenge and vow to kit-bash at least one(1) diorama by January 2nd, 2014.

*Edit: I do also vow, in this oath of moment, to kit-bash a Chaplain and Librarian for the purposes of earning the completion pips for those previous competitions. (Pending your approval Grotsmasha)

So approved, show us some awesomeness Brother H !!!!! Definitely keen to see what you come up with.

Cheers,

Jono

I, +DAN+, undertake Grotsmasha's Duels and Dioramas Kit-Bash Challenge to kit-bash at least one {Duel or Diorama} by January 2nd, 2014.

Been looking forward to this for a few weeks now.....Good luck everyone!thumbsup.gif

• 2 months later...

I can't find where to post the pictures, the link of completion is not working.

So allow me to post them here.

It is a duel between Corien Sumatris, Astral Claws and a Carcharodon Honor Guard. More pics on my log http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/277977-my-badab-war-project-update-22112013/

Front view :

gallery_73215_8685_505052.jpg
Left view :

gallery_73215_8685_127409.jpg

Right View :

gallery_73215_8685_63430.jpg

Rear View :

gallery_73215_8685_17227.jpg

Top :

gallery_73215_8685_482374.jpg

Cheers

Archived