Irwits Blood Angels Army

irwit

Hi all

So Real life has gotten the better of me and finding a solution I am happy with for the bases is taking longer than I thought.  Anyway I thought  I would share a couple of tips I have found along the route.   So the first is actually just using real dirt from a plant pot.   You get some natural interesting shapes and sizes which I think can work well but are a little unpredictable.  The second is getting the pestle and mortar out of the kitchen and crushing up some woodland scenic pebble.  You can get a really fine rock and stone from this that I think works with the 28mm scale much better than the GW sand or even the Woodland scenic fine rubble.  

Anyway attached are the latest versions of the bases I finished last night.  I dont know if I will use these but I thought I would just post a quick update as to where abouts I am at the moment.  

IMG 20131124 212822

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Those bases look good. Thanks for sharing the tips thumbsup.gif

By the by, is there an update planned for sometime soon?

I've actually put these guys on hold for a little bit for a couple of reasons. I was just going in circles with the basing ideas and getting a bit OCD about it all. I also realised that carrying on with the army I wanted to build, I wasn't at a good enough stage with my conversion skills to finish it, so its on hold for a while. It will get picked up again as I really do love the red paint on these first guys.

Anyway just in case anyone is interested I started a blog, snakebitleather which will include more work and eventually the finished Blood Angels but I will also post in here too.

I've also a new WIP post in BnC here too for the Grey Knights I am currently working on.

Sorry to not get these guys finished but hopefully you will all like the new stuff smile.png

Archived