JJD's Dark Angels

JJD

Sableclaw is ready to do battle against the Deathguard tomorrow at Warhammer World.

gallery_74577_9223_1019831.jpeg

gallery_74577_9223_89617.jpeg

gallery_74577_9223_625464.jpeg

And if you were wondering, yes I did paint all the dials.

gallery_74577_9223_410586.jpeg

The photos aren’t the best. The highlights look much more subtle in normal light. I am really pleased.

Thanks MaxB. The game tomorrow will be the first outing for the hellblasters too. My friend has been painting DG like mad so he should have plenty of new things. I’ll try to take photos.

Im super excited about Warhammer World tomorrow.

that captain of yours, is it wearing tda? it looks like the deathwing torso but also looks like hes wearing a power pack. also, where did you get that cloak?

It is the 6ed Dark Vengence limited edition chaplain with head and arms swaps. I cut off the incence burner and added a banner. The cloak is all part of the model. There are some close ups on pages 6 and 7.

• 3 weeks later...
On a side note can someone tell me what the squad symbol is for scouts. I think it’s a red X but I’m struggling to confirm it.

On a side note can someone tell me what the squad symbol is for scouts. I think it’s a red X but I’m struggling to confirm it.

For Dark Angels? It's the <=> symbol, as they're Battleline. The Red X is for Close Support (Aggressors, Inceptors, Assault Marines, etc)

For Dark Angels? It's the <=> symbol, as they're Battleline. The Red X is for Close Support (Aggressors, Inceptors, Assault Marines, etc)

I think it used to be a X as in a Roman numeral for 10th Company.

The <=> was tactical squads.

But now with the transition to multiple different squads falling under battle line you might be correct.

I wasn’t aware that DA Scouts ever had anything on their pauldrons except the Chapter icon...

I honestly don’t know where I got the idea it was an X from as I can’t find anything to corroborate my vague recollection. I’m starting to think I may have made it up.

Yep they don’t have a squad type marking, just a squad number, that’s how they have been depicted in the current and preceding 3 DA codices.

Good idea on the scout heads, might have to steal your idea and bits order some helblaster heads :D

It’s a bit limiting as I wanted to use the ones with hair as recruits should be younger but it’s still miles better than the regular scout heads.

Your Sableclaw looks amazing brother, and the scouts look far better with the alternative heads. They're still my least favourite models in the classic marine range, but changing the heads does make a world of difference.

Concerning the lack of hair on some of the heads, could you paint it as stubble, as though they've had a really close military buzzcut? Nothing says new recruit better, in my opinion

Your Sableclaw looks amazing brother, and the scouts look far better with the alternative heads. They're still my least favourite models in the classic marine range, but changing the heads does make a world of difference.

Concerning the lack of hair on some of the heads, could you paint it as stubble, as though they've had a really close military buzzcut? Nothing says new recruit better, in my opinion

• 3 weeks later...

As you know I’ve been ordering individual copies of conquest to snag some bargain priced models. My apothecary arrived this morning and I got a real score.

My copy has been miss packaged and has two copies of the same sprue. Fortunately it is two torsos.

It looks like both of my Intercessor sgts are getting tabards.

Now I need to get my scouts and dreadnought painted.

med_gallery_74577_9223_909630.jpeg

Oof, have you contacted them?

No I’ve been at work. I’m quite happy though I got two lots of the bits I wanted.

Why settle with two if you can rightfully recieve three? They won't bother sending the sprue and will just send a new issue instead. That way you'll have a apothecary and two spare tabards

Edited by GreyRavenC

Oof, have you contacted them?

No I’ve been at work. I’m quite happy though I got two lots of the bits I wanted.

Why settle with two if you can rightfully recieve three? They won't bother sending the sprue and will just send a new issue instead. That way you'll have a apothecary and two spare tabards

I’ll let you know the outcome. If I end up with three tabards for £7.50 + postage I’m going to be very happy. Looks like my 3 battalion sgts might be getting matching tabards.