JJD's Dark Angels

JJD

• 1 month later...

Spooky Eyes are cool mate :tu:

Thanks.

I was aiming for them to glow the same colour as his sword. I think they are my favourite part too.

He was another super fun model to paint. As much as the Primaris lore frustrates me the model range is great.

I am still a bit hit and miss when it comes to Power weapon effects but if I don’t keep trying I won’t get better.

• 8 months later...

I’m back baby. The indomitus box has finally given me some primaris that look like dark angels and have made me excited about painting again.

I haven’t painted in so long it’s like I have forgotten how. These poor guys have been waiting for highlights for months.

med_gallery_74577_9223_938073.jpeg

• 1 month later...

7 down 3 to go.

I have told my daughter we can paint the Necrons from Indomitus together and I am really looking forwards to a simple dry brush and sponge weather scheme with no edge high lights.

It takes me about 40 min per model on the DA and I still need to do the heads and right arms.

gallery_74577_9223_87465.jpeg

• 2 months later...

I have finally finished painting my intercessors. They took long enough. The apothecary to sgt conversion was a disaster so sadly no robes on the sgts for now.

gallery_74577_9223_1295343.jpeg

gallery_74577_9223_298948.jpeg

Sorry for the awful lightning.

Now onto indomitus. I might have it done by 2025.

Wow over a year since my last painted unit.

2020 has been......... urgh.

Edited by JJD

• 4 weeks later...

Work is busy as ever and with Xmas and a house move imminent I have decided not to crack open indomitus just yet and work on an ATV. I always enjoy the mid size models.

I have swapped in some Ravenwing shoulder and icons but nothing over the top.

I just need to decided on melta or assault cannon.

• 1 year later...

Hello all I can’t believe it’s been so long. Well I’ve moved house (and it still needs a lot of work) and got a promotion so I’ve been super busy.

So much cool stuff has come out for the Dark Angels whilst I’ve been away primes bikes and land speeders and blade guard. 

I have never been a quick painter and I’m even busier now so it will be even slower. 

I am out of touch with the rules so I’m don’t know what’s good but primaris Raven Wing look awesome so I’m starting with a ATV. 

let’s see how long this takes. I look forward to catching up and seeing new work for inspiration.