Night Angels Flame to Fame

Zynk Kaladin

Although I run my beloved Blood Angels 'dex, I couldn't resist modeling a captain with The Burning Blade to run with my assault marine horde. It just so happens that Taranis setup a Blood Angels painting challenge, From Rage to Salvation, for we sons of Sanguinius who desire extra optimism and motivation. I vowed to make the captain model happen.

May I present Captain Lucien, Night Angels 2nd Company with:

-Burning Blade

-Artificer Armor

-Jump Pack

-All other random wargear

NOTE: I know the eye lens is really bland red. I wanted to post the pics now before potentially ruining the model trying to detail that hard to reach area.

gallery_52275_8909_128652.jpg

gallery_52275_8909_35099.jpg

gallery_52275_8909_23917.jpg

gallery_52275_8909_8330.jpg

Thanks for viewing!

I love the action pose, but I can't help but think that there's a lot going on with this model visually. Maybe it's just a Blood Angels thing, but there's so much artifice that I don't know what to look at. The right arm I think is what's doing it. 

Thanks Ace! I fully intend to put the hurt on as many models as possible devil.gif

Jeff, thanks for the input. I see what you mean but I like ridiculous amounts of ornamentation on my HQ or veteran units. I intend to run him with my BA assault marines which are much less busy so the captain stands out a little better with more models to supplement his image. I'll try to get another pic up with him in the assault squad as soon as I can.

Archived