New Sisters Codex inbound?!?!

thade

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/945/gz6p.jpgAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I BELIEVED!

(Source is the GW Facebook page that was just brought to my attention yesterday; they posted this up as the "new Sisters Codex cover.")

EDIT: Changed the link of the image to a more suitable storage/sharing area.

Here's a screen shot from my own FB:

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/2273/rs61.jpg

Also worth mentioning that this is the GW "Digital Editions" page, so....digital it may in fact be.

The image amounts to an announcement, which merits its own freak-out thread, I think. I can consolidate it over to the Digital Codex thread if that's what everybody would prefer. smile.png But...that picture! haha I wanted it at the top of a thread.

I am guilty of being excited.

As for it being covered under Rumors and Announcements, it's cool by me for there to be that discussion for the general Frater and a discussion here for the Sisters players who've been waiting for this moment.

I can consolidate it over to the Digital Codex thread if that's what everybody would prefer.

No, this does deserve a freash thread, it was getting a bit rambly in our previous one.

I reiterate my comment on the pose though, I'm not used to seeing sisters with such arched backs.

I'm encouraged by the aspect ratios, the other image looked more suited to a tablet computer, whereas this looks like it could actually be the cover of a physical book.

After the debacle the last topic become in the News and Rumours section the further we stay away from there the better.

I'm itching to see more, it's unfortunate that I won't be able to purchase until Sunday so I'll be relying on second hand information if I get time to drop in tomorrow. Given the changes I think it's safe to assume there will be no WD FAQ - plus GW can't get any more money from that - but considering this is shaping up to be notably more than merely a regurgitated WD codex I'm ok with that.

That is some amazingly stunning and yet....battle sexy artwork. To bad it's for a digital rehash of the outdated dw rules instead of a new codex to which sister truly deserve. I will say this, the old second edition codex cover art got me into playing sisters partially, but this image just makes them one sexy brutal army. That pose screams no mercy while she still maintains all her feminine charm. Even the scar on her face just adds more to her brutal no mercy attitude.

Also from the GW digital editions facebook group the release will be on the 19th with pre orders on the 12th.

So you can relax WarriorFish.

I'm sooo happy that a date has been given. I was starting to develope an unhealthy Black Library habbit!

It's the OLD CODEX, refurbished for the needs of 6th edition (Warlord traits, "minor" point adjustments - their phrasing! - and so on).

Yes the WD codex with updated points, ecclesiarchy relics, alter of war, new artwork and expanded background.

Their words.

You know what that sounds a few units short of a new codex to me!

What's the point of a pre-order of a digital only edition? Do they need more time to manufacture those 1s and 0s?

I thought the same. Not exactly sure what purpose it would serve. Perhaps doing it that way drums up more sales somehow?

What's the point of a pre-order of a digital only edition? Do they need more time to manufacture those 1s and 0s?

I thought the same. Not exactly sure what purpose it would serve. Perhaps doing it that way drums up more sales somehow?

Maybe they're using pre-orders to gauge just exactly how insane we all are for our preferred armies?

A question on GW related ebooks - I take it that, regardless of whether it's the apple, Android etc version, they are DRM protected? I only ask as I want a legitimate copy, but I haven't yet found a reader for my Blackberry PlayBook that can read DRM protected stuff (before anyone asks, I have a BBPB as everyone at the company I work for got one for Christmas last year, and there's no way I can afford an iPad, but the BBPB isn't a bad tablet, if a little slow at times...)

I'd get the Codex at the end of the month, but only if it works on the BBPB sad.png

Aqui - I don't know about your Blackberry, but if you buy the kindle version you can open it with any E-Reader program that recognises .mobi or .epub documents, or if you combine it with the Calibre e-book manager software (also free) you can convert it to be compatible with the blackberry version of the E-Reader software (the ony actually called 'E-Reader')

Aqui - I don't know about your Blackberry, but if you buy the kindle version you can open it with any E-Reader program that recognises .mobi or .epub documents, or if you combine it with the Calibre e-book manager software (also free) you can convert it to be compatible with the blackberry version of the E-Reader software (the ony actually called 'E-Reader')

Thanks for the reply Miko :) My PB uses .mobi and .epub formats, it's whether or not the Android/Kindle versions are going to be like the iPad version - imprinted with a DRM signature to prevent illegal copies.  Most if not all ebook readers for PB don't read DRM imprinted stuff.  Mind you, the audio drama Mission: Purge wasn't so there's hope.  I'll probably risk getting it even if it is DRM'd! :lol:

Why Adepta instead of Adeptus?

I'm no expert in Latin, but as far as I know Adepta is feminine, Adeptus is masculine, at least that's how I understand it :)

What makes me sad about this is it's only a digital release. I've been waiting for over 10 years for a good update, and I know that for some of you, it's been even longer. I hope that with this limited, albeit continual, product support (and I have a tough time saying that with a straight face), that eventually we'll see some plastic sister love.

Archived