New Sisters Codex inbound?!?!

thade

I remember being optimistic about Finecast and the detail it provided. Then you find the thin bits breaking and warping and the myriad of other problems and you can only shake your fist at what Finecast could have been.

Plastics all the way for me now.

I remember being optimistic about Finecast and the detail it provided. Then you find the thin bits breaking and warping and the myriad of other problems and you can only shake your fist at what Finecast could have been.

Plastics all the way for me now.

In all fairness to FC, I have two models in FC (Dark Apostle and a Dark Eldar Lamidean(sp?) ) and aside from a few casting problems that can occur on plastics, the detail is exceptional. The problem I find with it is that it's far too soft a medium to work with. Cutting with even a little too much pressure and it's ruined sad.png

But like most members, I much prefer plastics and always have smile.png

The detail is great yes, but that's irrelevant when the model you have is flawed! I went through 3 Leliths before I got one that wasn't useless and even then I still had to fill a couple of holes. My lhamaean's hair decoration was so thin it broke off without any pressure :( That's what I mean by what it could have been, because when it wasn't flawed Finecast lived up to its name but who wants to keep having to go back to get a replacement until you get a good one? I'm sure GW enjoyed that as much as we did...

In my experience "brand new" finecast appears a lot harder to break than the old one. It bends, it doesn't break. Like the axe of my Lord Executioner can be bent 90 degrees and it still doesn't break. The most annoying thing to me about finecast has always been the air bubbles destroying detail. The Lord was fine otherwise, except some studs in the armor didn't exist. I noticed this problem with many other finecast models as well, such as Kantor. It's a shame, really, as resin really is much nicer to work with than metal, especially in terms of modularity and painting.

Anyway, as far as Sisters go, if they were going to convert any current models to finecast I think they would've done so already. IF new models ever get released there may or may not be finecast ones included - it's hard to say. In the meanwhile I'd need to somehow drill 1mm holes into the arm "sockets" and arm options of the canoness. I'm not very enthusiastic about the prospect of trying to drill into white metal.

I'd need to somehow drill 1mm holes into the arm "sockets" and arm options of the canoness. I'm not very enthusiastic about the prospect of trying to drill into white metal.

Are you in the 'pin every joint' cult?

I've found that as long as reasonable care is taken to glue to mated, un-primed, surfaces, you shouldn't need to put pins in her stubby little elbows.

I'd give it a try with just a good tooling of the forearm nubs to ensure lots of contact area with the socket.

So how do SoB like their new lord skills

1. If your warlord kills theirs, d3 extra VP

2. fearless for warlord unit

3. +1 to deny the witch rolls

4. furious charge for warlord unit

5. use leadership of leader within 12"

6. reroll 1s in meelee within 12"

Are you in the 'pin every joint' cult?

No, just in the "extreme modularity" cult biggrin.png I want to be able to switch the arm options. I don't even glue my marine legs to the torsos or shoulder pads to arms etc in my quest for maximal modularity, blu-tack discreetly handles that instead tongue.png

Could you summerise for those of us behind firewalls?

Warlord can use WL table in main rule book OR:

Warlord traits table

1 Executioner of Heretics

2 Indomitable belief

3 Pure of Will

4 Righteous Rage

5 Beacon of Faith

6 Inspiring Orator

The table has a little blurb about what each is, but doesn't give specifics on what they do in game...

I hope.....I hope they give the cannoness her jump pack back....I'd be ok if they increased St.Celestes points if they gave me my damn cannoness with her jump pack

Righteous Rage is already in the current codex.

"Righteous Rage: On a player turn in which a model with this special rule assaults, he and all members of the unit he has joined re-roll failed rolls to hit."

Whether or not that stays is yet to be seen but I don't think they would change any more than was absolutely necessary.

I hope.....I hope they give the cannoness her jump pack back....I'd be ok if they increased St.Celestes points if they gave me my damn cannoness with her jump pack

I doubt we'll ever have generic Flying Nuns again. While it was a standard conversion, they never actually released a model for it and in our modern, post chapter-house, world that's a death sentance.

They went out of their way in latest marine 'dex to deny Techmarines jump packs, because they weren't going to make one with a servo-armed jump pack.

AND the Immolator is missing from the website...

Still shows up with Finland as language selection... it'd better not get a price raise. I ordered one via a store but they botched the order and the Immolator never got ordered, so I guess I need to reorder it at some point in the near future.

EDIT: Ack, appears that as was pointed out in the other thread that while it comes up in search results, that's as far as it goes... damn.

In response to another persons question, Gamesworkshop:Digital editions' Facebook page has confirmed that the Adepta Sororitas Codex will have Apocalypse formations and Altar of War missions!

https://www.facebook.com/GamesWorkshopDigitalEditions/posts/169614969900010

Bacon of Faith!  Anyone that eats this bacon automatically passes their test of faith.

Any model within 12" gains the "Is someone cooking bacon?" rule, which lets them reroll run and regroup tests :P

Warlord trait table does indeed look boring enough to be right, but they're not awful. As I said before they're best treated as a small bonus that might come in handy - such is the fate of all random rolls.

Archived