Heavily converted Slaanesh Skirmish Warband

GuitaRasmus

My local gaming club has started a new 40k Skirmish project, 200 points, in which you make a warband using any entries from any codex, to make a cool and individual warband. I immediately opted for Slaanesh, since I wanted to do chaos, but in a new style and paint scheme. Here's the warband

so far:

Daemonettes (Based on the new Witch Elves):

daemonettes.jpg

Noise Terminator:

termi.jpg

Warp Talon (Needs to be repainted - not satisfied with the look)

talon.jpg

Noise Champ with doom siren:

champ.jpg

Noise Marines (Based on DV chosen with Warp Talon shoulder pads)

noise.jpg

The whole warband:

warband.jpg

Still needing to make and decide on some kind of beast at around 12-18 points - any ideas, comments and suggestions (esp. the paint scheme) are welcomed. smile.png

Wow. Just wow. I was wondering when that one Slaanesh guy You did would get some mates, looks like now is the time! 

All of these guys are spectacular as usual, but that chest on the terminator! I've seen people put horns in roughly the same place but they never pulled it off like that. I can't even figure out what those pieces are:) Love the fist on that guy as well. And i love the sonic weapons. And the heads. And so on

Oh my god, if this is gonna be anything like your Death Guard thread I cannot wait to see what beautiful monsters will be spawned here!

Also, where did you get that head on the Noise Champion with Doom Siren?

This thread is the first I am ever going to follow, it says a lot as I have been a member here a decade or so, as I know it will be awesome and at the same time scary. I loved your Nurgle conversions and as Slaanesh is my favourite chaos god this is a must to follow. I know that you will do a Slaanesh warband a gazillion times better than I would ever manage. Good luck.

/C

Excellent. Very inspiring.

Some questions:

Where did you get the speaker on the terminator?

Where did you get the pipes on the doom siren guy's backpack?

What parts did you use to make the noise marine's heads and sonic blasters?

Thanks a lot, guys! smile.png

The parts that have been asked about are:

Terminator torso front: Plastic Tzeentch screamer head.

Doom siren champ head: Zombie Dragon ghoul king head, with ears and nose cut off - I've had this bit for a year, and been saving it for something special. This was it. The tongue is from a bloodletter.

Sonic weapons barrels: Necron Immortals guns-thingies?

Terminator speakers: FW Renegade apostate preacher staff

Doom siren: The pistons from the Khorne cannon thing (horrible kit).

Noise marine heads: FW Renegade vehicle crew

Noise marine weapons: New Tac Marine heavy bolter and GK Psilencer, with added bits, especially necron.

The best part of this project is, with the exception of the new Witch Elves, I've ONLY used things I had in my bits box. :D

Awesome stuff man. Your work always makes me feel inspired and jealous at the same time msn-wink.gif

As for colour scheme, I always liked the Angels of Ecstasy from the previous Chaos codex.

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/images/e/e1/Angels_of_Ecstasy.jpg

++Edit++

Also, why don't you make a Fiend of Slaanesh counts-as for the beast-thing? I don't know how many points that is, but I reckon you could make a sweet conversion for it.

Hope that helps.

Huh. These look damn good, man. Finding a Slaneesh based army that looks cool without going over the top is rare, but you nailed it.

I have a sudden urge to pierce my nipples now.

Kidding.  :P

Archived