Iron Warriors 11th Company - Banehammer!

sword brethren

I Sword Brethren answer the Call of Chaos and vow to complete

1. Lieutenant Damon Screed (Huron Blackheart)

2. Ancient Haas (Contemptor Dreadnaught)

3. Ancient Grehn (Contemptor Dreadnaught)

4. Havok Squad D' Souza (1 Champion,4 Autocannons)

5. Daemon Engine Iron Roar (Heldrake)

6. Bike Squad Raynor (3 Chaos Bikers)

before January 15th 2014. I promise to

update my project at least three times per unit pledged or face the

wrath of the Dark Gods! If I do this successfully I will receive the

Mark of Dark Glory and continue on the path to ruin. If I fail I’ll wear

the Mark of the Lost and I expect no mercy on my soul!

My post would not be complete without the new model shot!

gallery_38604_4022_986882.jpg

And a close up of Damon Screed with his new coat of Chaos Black undercoat

gallery_38604_4022_923585.jpg

that's all of my vow (unless i finish early)

Iron WIthin, Iron WIthout!

Glory to the IV, brother! Always good to see more IW posts.

Thanks Kage

First real update!

The forges burn bright with the construction of my 2 contemptors, one is constructed and the other is undergoing conversion from the Xth legion.

gallery_38604_4022_866273.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_97562.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_576930.jpg

in the next few days i will be devoting all my time to these guys, so many assault cannons the play with drool.gif

Sir, I choose you to ask this question of you. I see you've got a contemptor with kheres patter assault cannons. I see the kheres contemptor is in HH book 2. Is there another book of 41st millennium units that allows a player to take one and possibly even the predator with the predator cannon without using HH books? Thanks..and pardon the seemingly unrelated question.

i don't know if you can take kheres cannons in 40k, which chaos should be able to(heresy tech-bound, you know) but if they can't i bet he could have them count-as butcher cannons, which are autocannons, but WAY better.

very cool huron and contemptors, far too little FW stuff in chaos armies imo.

Sir, I choose you to ask this question of you. I see you've got a contemptor with kheres patter assault cannons. I see the kheres contemptor is in HH book 2. Is there another book of 41st millennium units that allows a player to take one and possibly even the predator with the predator cannon without using HH books? Thanks..and pardon the seemingly unrelated question.

I am currently saving for the horus heresy books so i do not know for sure, i'm building the contemptors for fun and for some friendly games so i am not entirely up to date on Forge World rules, sorry.

i don't know if you can take kheres cannons in 40k, which chaos should be able to(heresy tech-bound, you know) but if they can't i bet he could have them count-as butcher cannons, which are autocannons, but WAY better.

very cool huron and contemptors, far too little FW stuff in chaos armies imo.

thanks

I only plan on using them in friendly games so i'm not sure whether they will be butchers or kheres for my games or not. should be fun either way, both guns look fantastic on paper.

Can't wait to see more of your progress.

Thanks

Work has begun on the detail for Damon Screed

gallery_38604_4022_1243252.jpg

also i have begun the process of painting Ancient Haas, the assault cannons are finished but the body and legs still require painting.

gallery_38604_4022_457902.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_191523.jpg

I have also started the base for Ancient Grehn

gallery_38604_4022_954589.jpg

Both base victims will be painted in the colours of Dorn's yellow lackeys.

Thanks for looking!

Yes there is, FW Aeronautica and FW Apocalypse second edition , I can't tell you if it's in the third edition but I would think so. It's called a Contemptor Mortis. I don't know about the predator cannon option though, only the Kheres.

Love the work so far, Iron Warriors are my favorite traitors. Seriously hardarse

Yes there is, FW Aeronautica and FW Apocalypse second edition , I can't tell you if it's in the third edition but I would think so. It's called a Contemptor Mortis. I don't know about the predator cannon option though, only the Kheres.

The Mortis Contemptor's most up-to-date rules are in GW's most recent Apocalypse book (Apocalypse 2013).

Very keen to see more paint on the dread. I do love the metal colour schemes.

Thanks guys

The Mortis Contemptor's most up-to-date rules are in GW's most recent Apocalypse book (Apocalypse 2013).

Very keen to see more paint on the dread. I do love the metal colour schemes.

Wish granted...

gallery_38604_4022_570832.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_165248.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_663487.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_98509.jpg

basically spent the day getting it finished, i have also started building the Havok squad which i will post a picture of once they are all built and ready to undercoat.

thanks for looking

SB

I love the way you do your rusted surfaces, and how the 'heavier' armour plates are darker metal! thumbsup.gif

But is the back of the Cyclone missile launcher cast a little poorly?

Thanks, yeah the cast wasn't amazing, i thought i had cleaned it up a bit but the pictures show otherwise, the assault cannons wee an awful cast as well.

i have not had the best cast from forgeworld recently.

Didn't even notice the assault cannons' casting until you mentioned it! The slight warping at the front of the rail, right?

And yeah, I'm about to adopt a policy of getting stuff from Forge World as it's released, so that the moulds haven't degraded by the time I get my stuff. Expensive policy for me though...

Keep on truckin' mate!

Didn't even notice the assault cannons' casting until you mentioned it! The slight warping at the front of the rail, right?

And yeah, I'm about to adopt a policy of getting stuff from Forge World as it's released, so that the moulds haven't degraded by the time I get my stuff. Expensive policy for me though...

Keep on truckin' mate!

i was tempted to do that but its a financially crippling concept, the barrels were all hollow and messed up and mould lined as well, wasn't hard to fix just frustrating.

A little fluff on Damon Screed, every character should have a background.

Damon Screed was destined to be a sergeant upon a backwater world in charge of a bastion forgotten by the galaxy for his entire career, the heresy changed that.

Screed was garrisoned on Hershaw's Reach the only hospitable world in the Ferkaus system, a system of gas giants and was therefore a planet required as a base camp for the mining programs sent into the neighboring planets. As an important supplier or fuels and rare gases in a zone prone to Ork incursions, Screed was partnered with Lukas Roe, an Imperial Fist Techmarine in the defence and garrison of the system.

The Ork threat had been woefully overestimated, leaving 30 Iron Warriors and 12 Imperial Fists in the system, precious astartes resources wasted. This rare joint effort of the IV and VII legions allowed for a bond of respect to build between Screed and Roe making the coming events of the Great Crusade painful for both officers.

Upon learning of the heresy, Screed was tasked with eliminating the Imperial Fists that held the garrison alongside his Iron Warriors, It was quick and merciless, the fists never knew what happened, except for Roe.

Screed personally took it upon himself to end their friendship and Roe left his mark before falling. Screed had been mutilated by the Techmarine's servo claw and had been mentally scarred by the image of his comrade dying upon his sword. When Screed was rebuilt with bionics and enhancements he became a new man, he took up Roe's axe and servo harness and demanded that his face remain a ruined mess just as Roe had left it.

Screed was deemed weak by his Primarch for allowing the Imperial Fists into his circle of trust and demanded that he atoned for his error by taking the skull of Roe as a trophy and reminder of his true loyalty.

Screed became truly ruthless and hate filled from the events on Hershaw's Reach, this was seen as renewed strength and a rebirth into iron, now a figure of awe in Warsmith Kreige's war council and a brutal commander of the 11th Grand Company.

gallery_38604_4022_874967.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_323254.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_1091871.jpg

I really like what you did with the Contemptor and Damon Screed - very nice miniatures and worthy of the 4th! :)

Hopefully I can add some Iron Warriors to the Call in November when I'm back in Germany and can have a look at what's still waiting in my bitsboxes. Not completely finishing my vow last time is a stain that has to be erased.

Iron Within! Iron Without!

thanks guys

I like the head you've used on Screed, makes him seem less human - where's it from? Also, I like how gritty the paint job is, just how I see the IWs.

its the slaaneshi head from the chaos marine sprue with the horn trimmed off.

my bits have arrived for D'souza's Havok team.

gallery_38604_4022_669305.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_472097.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_362028.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_30830.jpg

also for those interested, Anvil Industries is where i got these parts and a pack of legs (shown below), they are great quality and no flashing, i was very impressed with the quick service and detail on the bits. so if anyone is wonder where i got the parts and if the company is reliable, Anvil Industries and yes.

gallery_38604_4022_233562.jpg

on a negative note, it was disappointing to find that the Forge World Iron hands contemptor cannot carry a missile launcher so a bit of conversion work was needed to make it work.

gallery_38604_4022_583967.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_965985.jpg

thanks

SB

Wow, really nice work in here! That first contemptor is superbly painted, and I love the dynamic posing on the havok team. :) I also second the call that Anvil Industries are an excellent company. The casting quality on their stuff puts FW to shame. :)

Archived