New Army Blog: Storm Brothers (Primaris Chappy WIP on p.33)

geektom

Yeah that’s the one I meant. As for image hosting I’ve always used the good old B&C right here. I upload them to a gallery and then grab the link for posts. Works great for me!

Maybe that is the simplest answer, then.

Looks like I will have to do some resizing, first.

I just make sure the pics are under the 2 MB limit, or whatever it is, using Photoshop. I know not everyone has that, but I think there are some free programs just for image compression. The resizing itself can happen after you upload since B&C saves it out in I think 4 sizes. 

I am doing this first group as traditional White Scars- fits my fluff better that they would be “on loan” from their founding chapter. I really like the models, though- they look awesome. I *don’t* like all the Primaris options, though, so this may be my only unit, or maybe + the ones with plasma weapons.

Very cool! How did you do the one holding his bolter in the crook of his arm? I don't have that kit. Is that on option straight out of the box?

One of us would have to check, but I'm pretty sure it's an option in the plastic intercessor box! I'm very impressed with the options available from the intercessors and the hellblasters (but I'm pretty unimpressed that the legs are not separate from the torsos).

Still working on the picture hosting. I guess at some point I must have paid Photobucket something, because my pictures are still working there. Going to take advantage of it until I can get it all figured out.

Group shot! My goal is to have every model in this picture painted to the very best I can do before purchasing anything new... we'll see how that goes!

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n60/geektom/Storm%20Brothers%20Host_zpshonyav2o.jpg

• 1 year later...

I feel you man I took a 19 year break I was in the hobby in the late 90's early 2000's and then life happened and I couldn't afford it so I just put my SW in a box in the garage. But needing some kind of hobby to deal with my grandfathers Alzheimers (since I'm his caregiver now) I got back into it. And it's been pretty good super stress relief, they say any types of art are good for anxiety and depression. I don't currently have any primaris marines, I don't play atm I've only done the hobby painting and modeling. So I figured once I started going to some local shops and learn how to play I'll invest in some primaris, but for the time being just modeling and painting the old models are good enough.

trying to get back into the saddle. Came back here for inspiration! I feel like I am years behind now because of all the Primaris models and new rules.

Pick something to paint and get back into it! I just finished a Stormraven (which is hardly a new release!).

• 2 months later...

New Year, new focus!

I only painted *1* model last year (and sadly, it wasn't even a Space Marine!).

For 2020, I am determined to turn that around!

I am still not 100% convinced to jump on the Primaris train, but the future seems pretty clear. To get ready, I am setting a goal of finishing all of my non or partially painted models in my existing army. I will then decide which Primaris/New models to incorporate.

Keep an eye on this space for a list and pictures of my painting commitment for 2020!