New Army Blog: Storm Brothers (Primaris Chappy WIP on p.33)

geektom

Those outriders are looking clean Tom!

Tbh that's why I assembled then paint, means I get a consistent tone throughout and I only have to fix things the once (usually!).

Yeah, my 3 color scheme makes it hard if I am going to do any airbrushing at all- I spend so much time masking, and then making mistakes, that I feel like I am going nowhere. Now that I have done so many of them, I would still deal with that over painting everything separately and then joining them together.

If I could go back again, I would push the contrast on the gray/white parts, too- I never make the contrast strong enough.

I may go back and improve them later, but for now I am up against a deadline and haven't even started on the Primaris Chaplain on bike. That one I *will* be painting assembled- but it is 90% dark purple, so should go faster. 

The Librarian is beautifully painted. How will you decorate his base?

I will be using the same as the rest of my VV, which I am in the process of upsizing to 32, which is why is looks rough around the edges

Vanguard Vets base

Edited by geektom

really liking these, keep up the good work !! 

Also, if you want bigger pics (if your using the gallery) you right click on the veiw in large then copy the image link when veiwing the large pic (in the gallery) :biggrin.:

Thanks!

Man, missed a few great posts! The librarian is looking great! Are you going to do a glow effect on the out stretched hand so it looks like he is casting something? Those sergeants are looking good and I love those bases.

Thanks so much- that is really kind!

Yes, I am trying the glowing effect on the Libby's hand- I don't think I am getting it right, yet.

Switching over to focus on painting the Primaris Chaplain on Bike because I haven't even started him yet and I am now two weeks away from the tournament.

At this point there is very little chance I will have all the new units painted to my best standard, which really bums me out, but it is what it is. They will look good on the table, so I will just concentrate on having a good time.

I see it now. I was originally viewing the pictures on my phone so missed the glow on the hand. You might consider painting the entire interior white and then washing it in warp color of choice then putting a white dot in the center. That would really make it pop I think. Can't wait to see the biker chaplain!

Primaris Chaplain incoming!'

Primaris Chaplain WIP

You can see I am pushing the purple forward a lot more than my original kit-bashed one- it won't be as bright as it looks in the pictures once I am all done, though.

Last new model to get done before the tournament, and then it is going back and fisnihing detailing on the rest of the army, and trying to get in at least a couple of practice games so I don't embarrass myself too much.

More work on the Chappy tonight:

Primaris Chaplain WIP 2

Haven't decided yet if I want to do edge highlighting.. I feel like it will only take away from the look... going to fill in the lines and deep shadows with Nuln Oil and see how I feel then. Worst case scenario, I could put it on the table now, which is what I need.

Finished the Librarian- some fine details still could be polished, but I will have to pick a time when I am not in a rush...

I don't *love* the purple force sword by itself, but as a way to tie him to my army theme, I think it works. He will look awesome leading the V Vets into battle!

Librarian with Jump Pack- final

Man the bone on the chaplain is looking good! So is the rest of him, I just really like what you are doing with the bone color. The libby is also looking great. I think the sword came out very well. Also good job on the detailing of the symbols on the sword itself, they really pop!

Thanks so much! Yes, I try to get a bone color, rather than white. I need some new paint, all of my light tones are getting chalky.

ok, calling it a wrap on the Tournament Prep- at least as far as paining the army. A lot of it is only 90% done, but has to be good enough.

Off to my first Tournament ever!

I will come back with more than twice the number of games I have ever played under my belt, lol...

Will upload pictures if I can.

Good luck at the Tourney! Where abouts is it if you don't mind me asking? Once I have my 3k sorted then I'm down for joining some local groups!

I am traveling to Dallas for the Lone Star Open... first ever tournament, jumping in with a bang!

The transitions on the Librarian's blade are fantastic!

thank you! Airbrush makes all the difference.