New Army Blog: Storm Brothers (Primaris Chappy WIP on p.33)

geektom

Thanks!

Cleanly painting the line between the purple and the gray on the fenders was a challenge-- I kept over-correcting each time I tried to clean it up: over the line with purple, then over the line with the gray, then over the line with the purple again... lol, crazy making! 

I am considering gluing a very thin strip of plasticard at the transition line-- I will see which one is a bigger pain in the booty. Sounds silly, but would give me a very clean line to highlight. 

Any suggestions on weathering/damaging? I am brand new to 40K-- when I first got into WHFB, every SM model I saw in White Dwarf was clean and bright and looked like it just rolled off the assembly line. http://www.dakkadakka.com/s/i/a/baf5f2e54c6b17d5c5d39aecadfa1272.gif

They are *the* place for selection and value.

I their shipping seems to crazy for what you need, let me know and I can include what you want in my next order (should be placing one soon) and then I can send them in to you via airmail.

Dude I'm still sat here trying to find the head in that picture of the rug. Talk about OCD, you coulda given me a trigger warning.

;)

Very bold and proud colour scheme, looking forward to seeing these guys en masse. I really like your test biker. Keep it up man :)

Very nice. I tried a purple/white/yellow scheme once a long time ago not too dissimilar to this and failed utterly.

Thanks! it is actually a light gray, but it does totally look like white in the pictures. I almost went with a darker gray just to make sure it *didn't* look white-- just didn't look the same, though.

Trying to decide what to do with future transports, ie, how much purple vs. how much gray. I like the way the bike came out, so I will probably stick with something similar... I have never painted anything larger than a Knight on a horse, so I am a little intimidated by doing rhinos and tanks!

Dude I'm still sat here trying to find the head in that picture of the rug. Talk about OCD, you coulda given me a trigger warning.

:wink:

Very bold and proud colour scheme, looking forward to seeing these guys en masse. I really like your test biker. Keep it up man :smile.:

lol, me too! I started smacking the floor seeing if I could make it jump-- all I did was make myself sneeze! My wife just rolled her eyes...

very nice colour scheme geektom. usually i see colour schemes that are either mono colour or quite dark in my usual group but this scheme is very bold and striking. love the plasticard detail too. as a former scars successor player (who had a black and red colour scheme :ermm: :rolleyes: ) i feel the khan would be very proud of these. looking forward to seeing more :thumbsup:

very nice colour scheme geektom. usually i see colour schemes that are either mono colour or quite dark in my usual group but this scheme is very bold and striking. love the plasticard detail too. as a former scars successor player (who had a black and red colour scheme :ermm: :rolleyes: ) i feel the khan would be very proud of these. looking forward to seeing more :thumbsup:

Thanks so much!