Horus Heresy Emperor's Children: The Sang Froid

Captain Semper

Well, he's still an EC, some grace is to be expected... plus, no chainaxes in the MkIV c/c upgrade kit! :P Hahahaha!

Frankly giving two chainswords to a calmly walking guy was an experiment of trying to achieve a cinema style villain who's not in a hurry to chop up his victims as he's confident for the end result...

Having said ALL that, I like the power axe guy better too! :D

• 4 months later...

Sooo, it's been some time but I have not been idle!

Here I give you the second squadron of Sky Hunters:

First up, the sergeant:

med_gallery_27176_8939_33017.jpg

med_gallery_27176_8939_525463.jpg

med_gallery_27176_8939_996858.jpg

Then the other guy with some gold detail:

med_gallery_27176_8939_1008009.jpg

med_gallery_27176_8939_367137.jpg

med_gallery_27176_8939_69094.jpg

Then the multi-melta guy:

med_gallery_27176_8939_945892.jpg

med_gallery_27176_8939_92275.jpg

med_gallery_27176_8939_187178.jpg

And here are all the skimmers in the army:

med_gallery_27176_8939_1825836.jpg

Then all the skimmers and the elites (including the Kakophonii that are not actually part of the army)

med_gallery_27176_8939_1546039.jpg

And the whole army (sans the jump packs)

med_gallery_27176_8939_981336.jpg

Brilliant mate!! I'm really impressed by the white on the most recent scimitars. It looks really solid yet thin at the same time. Great work!

Ps. the plume looks great on the sergeant's helmet. I've been struggling to figure out how to make the plume look natural, it looks like jetbikes are the way to go thumbsup.gif

Thank you all very much for your kind words.

@ Brother Syth & BFeeder: I used masking tape to make sure the lines were "straight". They are curved of course but you know what I mean. ;)

@ kizzdugs: The more you make the plume look like a pony tail instead of a top knot the better it looks... I actually have enough spare parts to do the other sergeant in a similar fashion. But the jet packs have priority... all 20 of them! :D

@ The Hydra: The whole force was based on the Angels' Wrath rite of war - so only skimmers, jump troops and air-mobile units are available to this army. But I could not resist the Kakphonii when the got out - so I did them anyway. The funny thing is that I was drawn to the EC mainly due to the Phoenix Termies - also unavailable for my army (unless in a Raptor). Which brings us to...

@ Chickenleg: Well, I enjoy paining purple, so I might be expanding it a bit... Phoenix Termies rank high in my want list as does the Primarch (one of the best ones around imo). So the new bundle may be useful... We'll see.

Again thank you all for your supporting comments. This was supposed to be a 6-month project in my mind but it turned out to be more than a year - and it's not over yet. I need to paint 20 jetpacks, make another sergeant to replace the one with the Centurion helmet (never liked how he turned out anyway) and the apply decals from the EC decal sheet that I got. So yeah, there is some work on them still...

Archived