[HH1.0] Word Bearer's Tactics

Brother Keyaetus

Well good thoughts, I am still learning what WB can do, I just wonder if there is more units that can do some de-buffs on LD other than mentioned in my "tactic"

On the other hand guys, I would like to ask you, what core models do I need as WB player ?What do you suggest to build an army around? 

I had few list ideas, but I still have a feeling I am missing something

~BT

Hello,

I have both Calth, Prospero and doing big shopping now for the legions...that was the reason why I have asked that, what is the solid core of WB amry :smile.:

Moreover how many deamons to get :huh.:

~BT

You can never go wrong with units of Gal Vorbak, they will find a place and purpose, regardless of the style of list you try to form. 

Next you need a model that you will have as your chaplain, just a vanilla chaplain, because the charismatic leadership needs to be filled and i wouldn't suggest filling your HQs with special characters, as most of the points for which WB special characters pay for, is to unlock force options and work as a force multipliers and having them all in your list, you may end up wasting some points that way. 

Drop Pods are useful to have around, incase you decide to roll with Serrated sun RoW, Dreadclaws can be useful even if you go with Dark Brethren. 

Dedicated antitank and anti-infantry firepower is essential, and i reccomend you consider the following options:

Antitank: Sicaran Venators, Laser Destroyer Vindicator, FIre raptor Gunship

Anti Infantry: HS Unit with Volkite Culverins, Rapier Batteries, Fire Raptor Gunship 

2-3 Rhinos is also a fine investment Imho, i wouldn't suggest loading up on them and giving them to every squad you can, because rhinos are still quite easy kill points and often can be a cause for your defeat in a kill point scenarios.

For Daemons? I suggest that you get as many as you can, especially those lesser daemons, be they horrors, daemonettes or bloodletters. You can always bring the allied detachment, and even more daemons via summoning, so having 500-1000 points of daemons around is a good amount. 

Edited by NoLifeKing

Once again thank you very much !!!

Should have know before that as potential WB player I do become Daemon player as well :) ... but too late to turn now

I think I am going to buy another Fire Raptor for WB I have one reserved for BA, what is your opinion on Storm Eagle instead? (20 tacticals with CCW)

Lastly, any experience with Samus, Cor'bax - I do kinda like the models, as they are quite funny, however the rules are more of a joke. Do you guys ever use them? 

Once again thank you very much !!!

Should have know before that as potential WB player I do become Daemon player as well :smile.: ... but too late to turn now

I think I am going to buy another Fire Raptor for WB I have one reserved for BA, what is your opinion on Storm Eagle instead? (20 tacticals with CCW)

Lastly, any experience with Samus, Cor'bax - I do kinda like the models, as they are quite funny, however the rules are more of a joke. Do you guys ever use them? 

Storm eagle is a fine model as well, doesn't hold the same firepower as the fire raptor, but it can shoot. Besides the ability to transport a squad of 10 gal vorbak to the enemy lines is always welcome. 

I haven't played Samus or Cor'bax personaly, but from what i can say from reading their rules, i have to admit that they are quite poor choices for the points, lets hope the book 8 brings buffs to them which i suspect that it will

Thank you for advices!

I have currently done some basic shopping still deciding if I would go for the Kharybids claw too, anyone here has any experience with that monstrosity?

I mean it seems so fragile on paper, since you drop it quite close so enemy just charges you and either pen/glance you to death. Therefore it seems like one shot sort of toy :/

~BT

The Kharybids isnt as fragile as you may think, drop it, jink it, move it, unload it, kill.

5hp and jink means as long as you don't drop it next to loads of anti tank you should be OK. If it's supported with other pods your enemy will have a melt down with target priority and Tbh the Kharybids can tank a fair bit and draw fire away from other units

• 2 weeks later...

This is rally a question about rules, but i think it is possibly more productive to post it here than starting a thread. it is potentially relevant for a (somewhat niche) tactic. I have an inquiry about the use of Volkite weapons and Dark Brethren RoW, specifically regarding the interaction of deflagrate and instant death:

1. Does a Volkite Culverin Heavy Support Squad or really any Volkite-equiped squad under this RoW gain the Instant Death Rule?

2. If yes: which of the two rules activates first?

3. If Instant death: would the unsaved wounds still count for auto hits under the deflagrate rule?

if yes/any/yes I envision a hilarious number of dice roles and potential kills for a 10-culverine-heavy-squad. though all AA would have to be delegated to the allies.

Why should they get Instant Death?

I am not sure where this confusion regarding deflagrate and WB RoW: Dark Brethren is coming from... but the RoW makes any psykers who suffer perils of the warp to also suffer instant death, even if the perils didn't cause any wounds to the psyker.

Also, when it comes down to deflagrate rule, i don't think any of the shooters special rules such as preferred enemy would affect the additional hits caused by the deflagrate rule, and would instead be resolved with the weapons own rules only.

Why should they get Instant Death?

I am not sure where this confusion regarding deflagrate and WB RoW: Dark Brethren is coming from... but the RoW makes any psykers who suffer perils of the warp to also suffer instant death, even if the perils didn't cause any wounds to the psyker.

Also, when it comes down to deflagrate rule, i don't think any of the shooters special rules such as preferred enemy would affect the additional hits caused by the deflagrate rule, and would instead be resolved with the weapons own rules only.

i had misremembered how the instant death rule occurred and thought it might interact with the deflagrate rule for possible more hits. my bad.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone using serrated suns to good effect? I'm in love with the idea but in reality it's kicking me in the ass whenever I want to use it these days. I'll have a strong first turn but then I almost always get wrecked by my AD mech friend near the end of the game.

Well you have a lot of discussion about it on the previous pages ^^ 

And like all drop podded list you need to hit hard and at the right place (use your mobility to focus only one side of the army and ignore the rest, especially vs ad mech they usually lack mobility) 

What's your list ? 

• 4 months later...

i use it on a 5-guys TSS w/ Plasmaguns.

If you get the bonus - it is fantastic cause its exactly what that Squad needs

If the enemy gets the bonus - not that bad cause a 5-guy-squad will already die fast if you shoot at it no matter the bonus.

its a bit of suicide-squad but the best way to use the „ability“

i use it on a 5-guys TSS w/ Plasmaguns.

If you get the bonus - it is fantastic cause its exactly what that Squad needs

If the enemy gets the bonus - not that bad cause a 5-guy-squad will already die fast if you shoot at it no matter the bonus.

its a bit of suicide-squad but the best way to use the „ability“

So the key is to keep your investment small with regards to the "Signs and Portents" rule?

Have you had any luck getting the positive bonus on a big unit, like a large command squad? 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...