Change is the only constant [Update & Fluff 19.11.13]

Ferrus Manus

As for some other sources of inspiration, these models kind of remind me of the possessed marionettes in the devil may cry computer game. Similarity, there is a sorcerer by hell dorado miniatures that has a very puppet master theme. It wouldn't work for my blight drone hell drakes, but having a flying model supported or lifted from the ground by a demonic hand or a wooden cross with the strings connecting to the models extremities could be really cool. In any case, I'm sure you will think of something to impress us with smile.png

Ah I only hope I can live up to such praise. Thanks for the suggestions mate, I had a look at the marionettes and they've given me a few ideas. As for the sorceror do you have a pic of him?

Also, the wooden cross thing, I'm using that. Thanks smile.png

http://devilmaycry.wikia.com/wiki/Marionette anyone curious about the marionettes. (cultists perhaps?)

Sorceror - https://www.coolminiornot.com/shop/hell-dorado/hell-dorado-eurynome.html

:D

Wow thats a lot of pics. Some really nice minis and ideas there, I may adopt a few but the egyptian theme is something I'm trying to avoid here. 

Still, thanks for the link :) 

Works crazy at the moment but I will post a large-ish update sometime next week.  

• 2 weeks later...

great GS work, looking forward to seeing more of this army!

Any ideas on a colour scheme?

Thanks mate! See below....

+++++++++++++

Of course, when I said I'd update last week I meant this week. Mostly because RL is hectic beyond belief right now. Anyhow, no more excuses Tzeentch demands better. First up, all the CoC related stuff..

Another cultist, sorry for the bad pic

gallery_21935_8950_20026.jpg

And my test mini WIP, I'm not sure if you can see it but the knife arm is a slightly lighter colour than the rest of him. That's the colour I want to go for, I just didn't mix the right ratios of paint when it came to the body. I need to buy some more paints to finish him - mostly because all my flesh tones have all dried up. That's what you get when you haven't painted in forever.

gallery_21935_8950_52.jpg

and now, the Raptors. Really nice kit, but kinda annoying that they've sculpted on lightning bolts - not all Raptors are NLs!! So I've scraped mine off, they just need some GS to smooth out the relevant parts.

so, Champ:

gallery_21935_8950_19023.jpg

Raptors 2,3 & 4. 5 still hasn't been built:

gallery_21935_8950_33181.jpg

gallery_21935_8950_68264.jpg

gallery_21935_8950_34150.jpg

Now this is a doodle I did at work. I kinda like it and I think this will be what goes on the Icon Bearer's banner:

gallery_21935_8950_92332.jpg

and something non-CoC. A kit that I've wanted for years and finally had a reason to buy... Possessed marines!

gallery_21935_8950_50950.jpg

gallery_21935_8950_81984.jpg

+++++++++++++++++++++++

In honour of the new INQ codex I started this guy. I've always liked the idea of Inquisitors, they're a modellers dream in that you can take almost any concept or artwork and turn them into something INQ related.

gallery_21935_8950_20454.jpg

Anyway C&C welcome. Thanks for looking as always.

Looking good so far, though the torso on the last cultist there looks a bit short. It looks like he's in the danger zone of getting his hands down by his knees instead of his thighs.

The cultist look cool!!thumbsup.gif Like using cultists in SH games as ships crew and such to be purged.

Cheers!

Looking good so far, though the torso on the last cultist there looks a bit short. It looks like he's in the danger zone of getting his hands down by his knees instead of his thighs.

Thanks mate. I know what you mean, but I think the camera angle isn't helping in this case.

...And now I realise I need to get the lightning bolts off my raptor's legs, because those guys look awesome.laugh.png

At least I haven't started painting the legs yet. Finally, a benefit to my procrastination!

Haha! Cheers mate. I have a feeling that the helmet on the champ's base may belong to an Infinity Knight ;)

+++++++++++++++

This is more for me than you guys, but my To-Do list for the CoC:

Lord –Finish detailing. Cloak. Power fist & flames.Base. Paint

Marine 1 –Finish painting.

Marine 2 – Champ. Arm. Shoulder pads. Base. Paint

Marine 3 – Icon Bearer. Base. Paint

Marine 4 – Shoulder pads. Base. Paint

Marine 5 – Solidify pose. Detail. Base. Paint.

Marine 6 – Solidify pose. Detail. Base. Paint.

Marine 7 – Solidify pose. Detail. Base. Paint.

Marine 8 - start

Marine 9 – Start

Raptor 1 – GS work. Base. Paint

Raptor 2 – GS work. Base. paint

Raptor 3 – Gs work. Base. paint

Raptor 4 – Gs work. Base. paint

Raptor 5 –glue. Gs work. Base. paint

Cultist – base. paint.

Cultist - base. paint.

Cultist – gs work. base. paint.

Cultist - gs work. base. paint.

Cultist - build. gs work. base. paint.

The figure moved through the crowd, eyes walking his every step. Admittedly, it was hard not to notice him; he was a giant of a man, even the tallest of the crowd barely reached his chest. The whispers began, every man, woman and child had heard the tales of beings as tall as this one: the Emperor’s chosen, the Angels of Death. This story spread through the crowd like wildfire, people began craning their necks to get a better look at the man. He didn’t look like much, if anything he
looked like a vagrant dressed as he was in a simple priest’s habit, edged in a pale green.  

It didn’t take long for the throngs of people to begin following the colossus, each of them whispering to each other as if they didn’t want to man to hear their words. If the giant noticed the people’s reaction he made no acknowledgement, he just continued walking. On and on he went, winding through the narrow and cramped streets of the city.  After several minutes his destination became clear: the cities’ main cathedral, currently full to the brim with worshippers during one of the afternoon masses. Without thought or pause the warrior walked right up to the intricate bronze doors that dwarfed even him and through them wide open. Even this simple act was a testament to his strength, considering the doors normally took the combined strength of four men to open.

At the noise of the slamming door the cathedral’s occupants all turned and gasped as they saw the new comer. The giant continued walking up the main aisle, heading for the altar. Once he reached to head of the aisle he turned and stared out across the on going crowd. Every man, woman and child was silent, their eyes fixed upon him. He smiled and allowed his robe to fall to the floor, his transhuman body naked but for the loincloth that covered his groin. There was a collective gasp; he saw their eyes darting across his physique. His body was covered in tattooed symbols and arcane script. Some were caved into his flesh by the point of a blade others by the tip of a needle.

“Today is a sacred day!” His voice boomed out across the vaulted hall “Today, you become enlightened. I am Brother Judaas, Herald of the Great Architect. I am a warrior of the Dha’Tzeen.” Everyone present winced at the sound of that word, they always did. Mortals could not comprehend even an iota of its true meaning – not until it was too late. “Today you have your chance to join us in the Aqshy’phak  - the holy war – against the non-believers. Do you accept this holy offer?”

A priest, an old man fragile in body, stepped forward. “We live to serve the Emperor. We will follow one of his angels to the end.” Judaas smiled, it was always the same. The deception always began the same way. “The Great Architect will guide you in your faith. Now go and spread the word of my coming. To arms pilgrims! To arms.” It didn’t take long for the mass to evacuate the church, a horde trying to force itself through the bottleneck of the cathedral’s doors. Judaas laughed. It began. For Tzeentch.  

• 1 month later...

Archived