Codex: Adepta Sororitas is out!

AdmLancel

Anyone else having issues with the book crashing on an iPad? Seriously, it opens only about 60% of the time, and the first time I click on any link, it will crash. After I reload it, the same link will work about 50% of the time before it crashes.

I've already deleted and reloaded the iBook twice. Yes, I have the most current software on my iPad (3rd Gen iPad BTW). Thanks for this garbage GW. wallbash.gifverymad.gif

Just a little update- I've been looking online, and it appears this is a iBooks problem. There are 300+ complaints on iTunes about the app, and Apple just released an update on 18 October that made it even worse. Good job Apple! I bought into Apple products because they worked, even though I had to use the device the way Apple said it should be used. I overlooked the Draconian Security/DRM on your stuff, as your products worked with no tweaking, or downloading some other software. I don't understand why Apple forced iOS 7 on it's users when by all accounts, it's horrible/bad. What was so wrong with the old iOS? You want to impress me Apple? Gut iTunes and start over. That software is garbage. Fix your "core" apps- Pages, Numbers, iBooks.

Ā 

If I didn't already have a Macbook, iPad, and iPhone, I'd throw it all in the garbage and use Windows/Android.

Ā 

To make this post a little more relevant- if you have an iPad, DO NOT GET THIS DIGITAL CODEX UNTIL APPLE FIXES iBOOKS.

Ā 

It means that, IF Uriah is the Warlord, then he gets theĀ Indomitable Belief Warlord trait INSTEAD of rolling on the table. It has no effect if he isn't the Warlord.

Ā 

Which is actually utterly useless since DCA already have a 5+ save...

Actually, as DCA's don't have Acts of Faith (AoF) special rule it wouldn't work on them anyway as AoF now only work if the whole unit has AoF (so you can't use them on Guardsmen any more),

Ā 

However, put put him with some Repentia and they get:

1) a 5+ invul (re-rollable in close combat using his War Hymn). Makes them much tougher than before as that stops around 55% of all wounds in close combat,

2) Re-roll all misses on the first turn, and

3) the ability to use their 3+ FnP twice.

Ā 

Give him Litanies of Faith and you don't even need to roll for the AoF or War Hymn!

Ā 

Now all they need is an assault transport....

Ā 

Ā 

It means that, IF Uriah is the Warlord, then he gets theĀ Indomitable Belief Warlord trait INSTEAD of rolling on the table. It has no effect if he isn't the Warlord.

Ā 

Which is actually utterly useless since DCA already have a 5+ save...

Actually, as DCA's don't have Acts of Faith (AoF) special rule it wouldn't work on them anyway as AoF now only work if the whole unit has AoF (so you can't use them on Guardsmen any more),

Ā 

However, put put him with some Repentia and they get:

1) a 5+ invul (re-rollable in close combat using his War Hymn). Makes them much tougher than before as that stops around 55% of all wounds in close combat,

2) Re-roll all misses on the first turn, and

3) the ability to use their 3+ FnP twice.

Ā 

Give him Litanies of Faith and you don't even need to roll for the AoF or War Hymn!

Ā 

Ā 

Good point. I did not yet consider that since I totally dismissed my Repentias with the WD-Codex.

@PureFodder: I think Repentias with an assault transport would just be TOO good. That's why they don't get access to one.

Ā 

Seems to me you could shield them with rhinos/immolators as they advance up the field. I find thus works well getting rough riders (another glass hammer unit) into combat with my IG.

Ā 

Wait wait... so I no longer get to use my "priest with plasmagun" as anything now? Ā Lame.... please tell me I still get to use this guy, I've had him since the late 90s...

Ā 

On topic, Kyrinov and Confessors are gone.Ā  Surprised I didn't notice sooner.

The 1 wound version of priests are still there and are MUCH better at about half the points.Ā  The can still trade their laspistol for plasma guns and in addition can take items (as in they don't have to trade away a weapon) from any of the weapons and relic lists.Ā  He won't be leading your army but he is still around.

Although I am not 100% happy, I think that the ability to take
smaller squads and immolater/rhino/reppressor spam appeals to me.Ā  I
could easily field more meltaguns, flamers, heavy flamers, and combi-
whatevers than actual bolters.Ā  Priests can either boost a squad or lead
a conclave.Ā  Repentia are a real possibility.Ā  The command squad of 5
celestions with heavy flamer is devestating.Ā  A slight nerfing on acts
of faith, but with a simulcrumĀ  each squad gets two per game.Ā  The only
two real stupid disappointments are no jump pack for regular
cannonnesses and PE still aren't quite right.Ā  Drop them 15 points, or
an extra 6 inch move, or armor 12, or remove open top, etc...

Ā 

My
bigger complaint is spending $33 on a book I need to download 3 times
to get it right, and then spend $63 on new ink cartridges if I actually
want a book.Ā  And spend 2 hours printing and assembling it into a
binderĀ  Or go to work and print it out in B&W for free.Ā  But you get
the point.Ā  Suddenly a $45 Codex at the store looks like a bargain.

Ā 

(Holy S&*t.Ā  Did I just say a $45 Codex from GW is a bargain?Ā  And mean it?)

Given that you can not stack Acts of Faith why would you ever have a Canoness join one of the melee centric units or why you would use her act of faith at all?

Ā 

Hatred granted by her Act of Faith has to be done in the first round or it wont work but Furious Charge from the Celestians and the Fleet and Move Through Cover on the command squad need to be used in the first round of combat when a unit charges and the Repentia will need to used their ability in the first round because if they dont there wont be a 2nd round.

Ā 

Where do you get the idea that you can't stack Acts of Faith?

Ā 

The unit can only use one Act, but that's always been the case - the Canoness can still use hers as an independent character attached, just like a Librarian attached to a Grey Knight squad can still use all his powers even if the squad uses theirs.

Ā 

Ā 

You can't give Jacobus the Litanies, he has no options to take additional wargear.

Ā 

Ā 

This codex is so bad. Ā Really disappointed with the changes.

Having played a game with it, albeit a teaching game against an absolute newbie, it's not horrific. Simulacrae are a must, but outflanking Melta-minions in Immolators are still an 'I win' button.

Ā 

The only things that have really been completely broken are the Jacobus Bomb and the Immortal Warlord. Jacobus Bomb because he no longer grants +1 A and FnP, and because Death Cultists are now limited to only using Power Swords, and the Immortal Warlord because she's... well, not immortal anymore.

Ā 

The Sororitas Command Squad is worth taking now, and in fact takes the place of the Jacobus Bomb - a Canoness, four Celestians with power weapons and the Sacred Banner of the Orders Militant make a rather nice CC core now that they can get 4 attacks each with Hatred. It's a shame that you can't add a Hospitaller, but not game breaking, and the banner's morale effects are just ace.

Ā 

With Ignores Cover, while at first I thought "Oh, Imperator, what a nerf!" because it's not always useful... actually, five Ignores Cover meltagun shots coming in from the flank? Oh, dear Emperor. Nothing can survive that.

Ā 

Given that you can not stack Acts of Faith why would you ever have a Canoness join one of the melee centric units or why you would use her act of faith at all?Ā Hatred granted by her Act of Faith has to be done in the first round or it wont work but Furious Charge from the Celestians and the Fleet and Move Through Cover on the command squad need to be used in the first round of combat when a unit charges and the Repentia will need to used their ability in the first round because if they dont there wont be a 2nd round.

Ā Where do you get the idea that you can't stack Acts of Faith?The unit can only use one Act, but that's always been the case - the Canoness can still use hers as an independent character attached, just like a Librarian attached to a Grey Knight squad can still use all his powers even if the squad uses theirs.Ā 

Give him Litanies of Faith and you don't even need to roll for the AoF or War Hymn!Ā Now all they need is an assault transport....

You can't give Jacobus the Litanies, he has no options to take additional wargear.Ā Ā 

This codex is so bad. Ā Really disappointed with the changes.

Having played a game with it, albeit a teaching game against an absolute newbie, it's not horrific. Simulacrae are a must, but outflanking Melta-minions in Immolators are still an 'I win' button.The only things that have really been completely broken are the Jacobus Bomb and the Immortal Warlord. Jacobus Bomb because he no longer grants +1 A and FnP, and because Death Cultists are now limited to only using Power Swords, and the Immortal Warlord because she's... well, not immortal anymore.The Sororitas Command Squad is worth taking now, and in fact takes the place of the Jacobus Bomb - a Canoness, four Celestians with power weapons and the Sacred Banner of the Orders Militant make a rather nice CC core now that they can get 4 attacks each with Hatred. It's a shame that you can't add a Hospitaller, but not game breaking, and the banner's morale effects are just ace.With Ignores Cover, while at first I thought "Oh, Imperator, what a nerf!" because it's not always useful... actually, five Ignores Cover meltagun shots coming in from the flank? Oh, dear Emperor. Nothing can survive that.

Not having a lot of exp with my sisters, your findings actually make me feel better. Looks like I could use another two Immolators , couple of melta's & I may be ready to hit the tabletop.

The rules for independant characters explicitly says that the character is considerd part of the unit it joins for rules purposes, so the canonesss joins the unit she is then apart of it so as soon as her unit uses their act of faith they cant use the her one as it is one as it would break the rules of Acts of Faith which says a unit can only use one Act of Faith per phase

The rules for independant characters explicitly says that the character is considerd part of the unit it joins for rules purposes, so the canonesss joins the unit she is then apart of it so as soon as her unit uses their act of faith they cant use the her one as it is one as it would break the rules of Acts of Faith which says a unit can only use one Act of Faith per phase

not only that but in the entry for celestine it specifically makes note for her Mirc Int. that only she can useĀ her AOFĀ even if the squad already passed an AOF that phase... shame really, there were so many potentials

This is true, it does specify unless otherwise stated you cannot use more than one Act of Faith in a phase in the Act of Faith rules. This does prohibit the Canoness from stacking Acts on a unit in the same phase, and seems to be the only thing affected. Celestine's Act specifically says it can be used even if her unit used an Act of Faith that phase. The Canoness' does not. The Canoness does, however, allow for her act to be used during the opponent's assault phase.

Ā 

It does seem like the Canoness would now be best served in a Command Squad loaded with Power Swords.

Pentitent Engines got a hair cheaper and they have 3 attacks base now. They don't earn extra attacks on wounds now sad.png Two bonus attacks on charge. Pretty much the same after that.

so it was wishful thinking to get fleet , Intiative 4 or no open top ....

Just a little update- I've been looking online, and it appears this is a iBooks problem. There are 300+ complaints on iTunes about the app, and Apple just released an update on 18 October that made it even worse. Good job Apple! I bought into Apple products because they worked, even though I had to use the device the way Apple said it should be used. I overlooked the Draconian Security/DRM on your stuff, as your products worked with no tweaking, or downloading some other software. I don't understand why Apple forced iOS 7 on it's users when by all accounts, it's horrible/bad. What was so wrong with the old iOS? You want to impress me Apple? Gut iTunes and start over. That software is garbage. Fix your "core" apps- Pages, Numbers, iBooks.

Ā 

If I didn't already have a Macbook, iPad, and iPhone, I'd throw it all in the garbage and use Windows/Android.

Ā 

To make this post a little more relevant- if you have an iPad, DO NOT GET THIS DIGITAL CODEX UNTIL APPLE FIXES iBOOKS.

Ā 

I've been having no issues with it but I update my iOS stuff as little as possible because it has a bad tendency to end up with my wiping my iPad and reinstalling everything, so instead I just don't muck with it.

Unless I'm misreading it (please can someone else confirm this), IT DOES PERILS OF THE WARP TO ALL PSYKERS IN THE UNIT IF IT HITS.

But ,, but .... but my screamer star , it has 4 psykers inside T_T and it goes through my DPS and GD biomancy buffed T . Crud makes an OP IG-like codex once again.

Archived