Alternate Heresy Community Project

Conn Eremon

The throne room was silent as the Justicar and wyrmslayer entered it, the custodes standing ready around their lieges tomb-throne, ready to seel their lives to protect from the son, their brother who had fallen so, so far.

The same brother who even now stood upon the roasted, shattered body of their brother, which even now at this point at which they themselves would have been dead, tried to repair itself.

They would die, they did not need Anubis's gifts of foresight to know that. Corax was saturated with the raw power of the warp, seemingly swollen beyond even their giant stature, his weapons now nests for packs of screaming daemons.

Had they been fresh, unwounded from the nightmarish conflict that even now devoured the cradle of mankind and washed away their father's dream, then they may been able to triumph. Yet exhausted, near broken how could they hope to survive a conflict against the stygian abomination that had once been the warmaster.

Yet as their brother who's presence was now more like a denzion of portus Chuthulus then one of their brotherhood turned to them, a mocking sneer upon his face as the shots from the custodes and the scattered legionaries, there was a flash of golden light.
Corax was thrown from he Enshaddon who's flesh even now regrew, the lost arm, ruined crotch, chest and throat regenerating as the ruined armour bent back into place as the onyx king of Prospero rose back to his feet. They had seen their brother regenerate before, but never like this, it was different this time.
"By the fourth twilight, gouge the head and purify! Upon the fifth gouge the chest and purify! In the sixth gouge the stomach and purify! By the seventh gouge the knee and then purify! Upon the eight gouge the leg and purify! In the ninth gouge the soul and purify!"
There brothers demands were accompanied by six stakes of an amberish crystal.. their fathers essence they realized flying into the named locations on their fell brother, whilst the golden light that now swarmed Anubis burst from one hand into Corax, causing the warmaster to shriek, whilst from the other it swarm towards them.
"I strip from you the crown upon your brow! I strip from your ears the pendents of your thirsting sister! I strip the chains from your legion! I strip the adornments of your changling brother from your breast! I strip your dopple father's girdle from your hips! I strip from you the gauntlets of your bloody brother from your wrists! I remove cloth of kinship round your body! And with that he struck with his blade, coated in their father's essence.

Seemingly unaffected, almost dodged the attack, the metoric admantium blade only just piercing him in the side.
Yet it was all that was needed, the fell light and sick presence about their fallen brother faded, faintly heard roars of frustration echoing around. No longer did Corax stand taller then his brothers. No longer did Corax wield the immaterium like a bolt gun. No longer was Corax ascended to godhood.
Yet even as they ran towards him, spear and axe ready to finish what blade had started, the Enshaddon was slain, Coarx rage at his defiance having cleaved him twain, now as mortal as any of his brothers, his part done in bringing low the fallen son.
And so ended Anubis Enshadderon, High king of Prospero, son of the Emperor, Hospitilar Supreme.

Procastination for the win! tongue.png

Regarding the Third Founding, it seems to me that for that to happen, there'd need to be an event which either drastically raises Angron's stock or lowers Jonson's.

Or possibly something which causes a heightened mistrust for the Astartes and surviving Primarchs among the Imperium as a whole.

Something I wanted to talk about with noctus was an idea of mine that (possibly even before his ascension to Warmaster) Lanista was assembling "black books" on all his brothers and their Legions, detailing his stratagems for eliminating them.

Laying out the weaknesses in their combat doctrines, the Legions the Chainsworn could enlist against them, (Leman and Lorgar, Lupercal and Jonson, etc.) and so on.

Also, now that I think of it, Ferrus, Lanista, and Fulgrim would have an interesting dynamic.

Mordax has been with the Pale Prince the longest and is closer to him than than he is to any other Primarch...but Corax sees him as a tool or pet and HE has true brotherly regard for Fulgrim.

That seems like it could breed just a bit of resentment.

And of course, after Vilamus Ferrus is dead and Fulgrim has "betrayed" him. Anyone feel sorry for Lanista? Anyone?

Re: Ridicully's post

Narsil?

Really?

Subtle references are cool, but having Anubis's sword with the same name as Isildur's is a bit much, don't you think?

Like if Lorgar had a black sword called Stormbringer, Konrad's axe was Snaga, the blades of no return, Magnus wielded Durandal....

I really do suck with names, so I've developed a habbit of putting a name of a similar item/charecter in place of one so I can continue the rest of the peice and then replace it with it's own name afterwards otherwise by the time I've worked a name out I've forgotten what I was going to do with the rest tongue.png forgot to remove it in this case, this is kind of the rough draft, but yeah really need to figure out a proper name got Anubis's blade (and Narsil was Elendil's tongue.png)
Must admit I've always thought of perpetual sad kind of like timelords with how they cheat death, so that's partly why I did Anubis sacrificing his perpetual ness to utilize the fulcrite to heal his brothers/depower corax.
Not happy with the scene though :/

Been thinking some more about Ferrus.

As I have written him so far, he's a bit...well...

"Blaaaarrr! I like bionics and enslaving xenos! I'm so obviously a traitor Primarch! Blaaaar!"

I'd like him to have just a hair more depth than that.

And it seems to me that the way to do that is through Corax.

When Lanista first finds him in the slave pits, Ferrus is a mutilated thing of festering wounds (where he tore the necrodermis off) and scrap metal prosthetics.

Corax buys him (after beating him in a pit fight? He is Arch Traitor to be, after all) and helps him heal, aids him in reconstructing himself with more sophisticated augmetics, even attempts to educate his Butcher's Nailsed brother.

But the rift between them springs up when the Emperor comes, and Lanista begins to encounter other brothers without Ferrus's...issues.

Even as the X Legion boasts of being the Warmaster's go to force for "impossible missions" their Primarch begins to seeth...yet when Sanguinus tells Corax he must offer up his most valued possession to the Gods, he picks Mordax.

Ferrus bares his throat to the blade, sending his spirit into the Warp, where he is offered gifts by all four powers, yet it is Slau Neth, She Who Thirsts, that he chooses as his patron.

Because Daemon Boobies he knows that to become content with one's abilities and accomplishments is the first step to stagnation and doom. And Slaanesh is the antithesis of contentment.

And then, Vilamus. When Rogal Dorn assaults Corax, the Profligate One whispers to him of fate, of immortality, of a new era as her God Consort. All he has to do is ignore Lanista's plight and deliver the killing blow to Konrad...but he chooses his (relatively) mortal brother.

The Tenth may have found a goddess to serve, but they are not her slaves. And so....

Sic Transit Ferrus Mordax. Resqueat en pache.

I just realized my solution is essentially making Mordax the Primarch of Bros Before Hos.

*Head desk*

Well to be fair to ol'Ferrus she is a malevolent, soul-stealing, mind-beating eldritch abomination of a Ho. teehee.gif

-----

Chainsworn Splinter Warband: The Crow Lords

Allegiance: Traitor.

Colours: Bluish-black with Silver trim, legionnaires carry small bone fetishes and trophies, high ranking leaders wear cloaks of black feathers. Predominantly mk.VI armour with helmet "beaks" modified to resemble bird skulls. (Inspired by KBA's converted Corvus helms)

Heraldry: A crow sat atop a black skull silhouetted against a full moon.

War Cry: "The Crows shall feast on you!"

Homeworld: Unknown.

Speciality: Ambush Tactics, Hit-and-Run, Surgical Strikes.

-----

Infernal Guard Splinter Warband: Children of Ashes

Colours: Ash white, gradually darkening to black towards the bottom

Heraldry: A white skull wreathed in black flame.

War Cry: "All must burn!"

Homeworld: None.

Speciality: Scorched Earth Tactics, Incendiary weapons, purges.

-----

Executioners Successor Chapter: The Lamenters

Colours: Quartered Black and White with pale yellow chest eagle and blue eye lenses. Veterans wear sculpted death masks.

Heraldry: A heart with a single drop of blood dripping from it.

War Cry: " Lament your sins!" or "Tears shall fall!"

Homeworld: Fleet-based, chapter recruits from war orphans.

Speciality: Assault, Deep Striking, Close Fire Support.

Random thought:

Back when I first came up with Fulgrim the Dragonslayer, he went off to his final battle with Asirnoth with a whole bunch of different weapons in tow. Maybe the 'second founding' Chapters of the EC should each inherit one of those weapons? Say, a sword for one lot, a hammer for the next, a Morningstar for another successor... that sort of thing.

They could either be passed from Chapter Master Lord-Commander to Chapter Master Lord-Commander or issued to the foremost Immortal of each successor, maybe.

I dunno, just floating an idea out there. I could use some second (or third or fourth) thoughts on it - I think it'd be cool in a way, but I also worry it might be a bit... tacky. What d'you guys think?

It seems sensible to me. In canon, Guilliman and Lion both had arsenals of weaponry made for their hands...surely those wouldn't just be left to gather dust in vaults on the Rock or Maccrage?

Fulgrim's armory being handed out to his heirs after his Legion breaks up is a good a use for it as any.

As many of our readers and members are aware, we have been currently looking for some new additions to the team. Well, those additions have been selected, and our offers accepted.

Before 24 more hours have passed, I will be posting a new Corax Coup thread introducing these fine individuals to our team. This thread will be locked down and kept as a valuable resource of all that has gone before, while the freshly born thread will, it is hoped, breathe new life into the Project and herald it into a new era of awesome and imaginative fan-made fluff.

It is going to be fun.

So do the 2nd Generation of Successors have silver icons of these different weapons to separate them as well?

They do now! laugh.png

I might have to take another look at the Emperor's Children successors, but I can do that at a later date.happy.png

Bring on the new thread!biggrin.png

Archived