Alternate Heresy Community Project

Conn Eremon

Wade:

Replace your Sons of Barabbas with the Celestial Angels for the Shattering. Sons of Barabbas are ordered instead to Prospero as you state, and Anubis is taken. The two events could be roughly close together in time, though the Prospero event should be earlier than the Shattering.

Brother Heinrich:

The Executioners should not be at the Shattering, unless you want them to be one of the Shattered Legions. If you do, we can replace the War Hounds with the Executioners. The only three Loyalists that should be present, discounting Dorn and his Blackened Fists, are those that are going to be broken by the battle in an attempt by Corax to put them out of commission. Since the Executioners are meant to be at Terra in force, I'd rather them not be present. It'd really lose the oomph the Shattering needs if too many Legions go through it and end up recuperating just fine to continue on.

no I'm alpharius:

I know you really want there to be a way for the twins to be actually loyal, but we need one of them to be a traitor. Alpharius is the better choice than the other Loyalists that could switch to the other side. Though you are in charge of writing it, 1000heathens has stated that his original intention was for there to be a twin on each side. Unless he changes his mind, that has to be taken into account. If you want those two Legions to go to Signus Prime, no problem. That's a great idea. But remember that one of those is either already a traitor, or will be one by the end of it. I could see the two of them sent there so that they could cancel each other out, however one ends up giving in to Chaos as a means to utterly annihilate his brother, while the other one either survives and escapes or is killed.

Alarming how often Konrad and the Executioners get left out lol.

I thought Konrad went into depression after the Emperor nearly perishes?

If so, he and his Legion could be entirely elsewhere until too late. Then, after another grim vision and realising his mistake, Konrad and his legion make for Terra, and are attacked and harassed by the traitors as they go.

Just an idea, of course. It gives room for a whole bunch of traitors to come after the Executioners in the years between the Shattering and the Siege of Terra, which could be plenty exciting.happy.png

Suggestion: XX and XXI are both perceived as unpredictable. Corax tampered with orders to send them both to Signus Prime, where their emnity should spark off a civil war. Sanguinus decides it needs more daemons, so the two legions are faced with all four colours of chaos. Carnage ensues, complicated by the brothers deep-seated hatred.

Some elements of the legions team up, others can't, some turn, others fight to the death.

I'd personally prefer something different to one turns, the other stays loyal, but will try to work around it. Given Alpharius has a rather aggressive lieutenant with a distinctive topknot, perhaps his men can succumb to Chaos?

After the battle, the different factions realise they've been played and rush back to Earth... But I guess the warp is an unpredictable thing to rush back through.One faction could bump into Anubis along the way then reveal their true colours ...

RANDOM IDEA TIME!

Abbadon could turn a big chunk of the Cerberus Legion to his cause and rebel against his Primarch because he grows sick of Alpharius and Omegon's neverending feud.

"Alpharius was weak. Alpharius was a fool. He could have been the master of the galaxy, but squandered his talents in meaningless, endless skirmishes with a brother who was always beneath him."

And there you have a good reason for the two brothers to rally together at the bitter end, when a large portion of the Cerberus Legion turns against their own kin, aided by the Celestial Angels and the powers of Chaos.devil.gif

Hell, you could have Alpharius inadvertently sacrifice himself to protect his brother by simply standing and fighting against Sanguinius and Abaddon, allowing Omegon to order the retreat and curse himself out something rotten for being so blind to what was really going on.

No worries Cormac, I just meant they got left out of Wade's post entirely. I hadn't envisioned them being a broken legion anyways. I picture them as more of a parallel of the Blood Angels in the canon universe, side-lined and manipulated by our Sanguinius and his abilities of foresight so that by the time Terra occurs he is a towering mountain of righteous rage and justice. Like I've said a couple times before I want him to be a driven man after the battle of Terra, if possible I'd like him to survive and be one of the pinnacles of the new Imperium, however I like the dynamic of him acting like canon Dorn in that he strongly resists, to the point of violence, the dispersion of a Legion that he feels is necessary, now more than ever, to bring judgement to the wayward.

So your Konrad stands in for Dorn and my Jonson stands in for Guilliman. Even better because if Konrad doesn't give in, Jonson will not rejoin the Imperium, forcing a second, costly war neither side can afford.

It'll be a sore point between the when Konrad is forced to blink first. Something Konrad could never forgive. Especially when Jonson obeys his own ultimatum in appearances only. His First Legion is no more, but the successors skirt the boundaries of his own rules so closely, and are still heavily centered in Jonson's former realm and borders, that the First Legion is really only gone in name only. A reflection of their canon status, but without the Unforgiven/Fallen plot points.

Considering his current demeanor and such, maybe . . . Heh, honestly Bron or Barabbas come to mind more than anyone else. On the loyalist side, maybe Jonson or Omegon.

Actually, that might make their rivalry all the better, if it's a close friend who understands him and his goals and ways who makes the demand. Brotherhood lost, even among those who should have retained it.

So apologies again, but can we get a comprehensive list of each legion and their specific traits/personalities? With all the renaming I have no clue who is who and what they stand for.

For example:

VIII Legion (Executioners)

Primarch - Konrad Curze

Homeworld - Baal

Heraldry - Silver bearded axe with blood dripping from the blade 

Colors - Black armor with crimson right arm and shoulder. Frequent use of trophy taking (Heads, Bones, Fingers, Ears, etc.)

Tactics - Suppression, Rapid Strike, Subjugation, Sanction, Cleanse and Burn.

Warcry - "E Nomine Patri!"

Eh? I thought we had given Konrad and his Executioners the task of springing Anubis from Barabbas's clutches, with much attendant derring do?

As for the Thirteenth descending on Prospero, that would that mean they fall en route to Anubis's homeworld instead of wherever the Shattering is.

I don't mind moving them out of the Shattering at all, I just thought the Celestial Angels would be off dealing with Magnus and the Order of Swords.

And no, Anubis won't need to be a Perpetual to survive Roboute's "tortures", because Barabbass, even "I've been becalmed in the Warp so long I look like Christopher Lee as Darth Tyranus" Barabbas, is not canon Curze.

He thinks he can reason

his brother into accepting the truth of Chaos, and would see stabbing him in the chest with a colander as detrimental to that end.

I Legion - First Legion

Primarch - Jonson the Palatine

Home World - Mundus Planus

Heraldry - Right shoulder-pad has a color/icon denoting their Cohort, left shoulder-pad has a white stylized numeral I

Colors - Black with red-gold trim

Tactics - Infantry tactics, Rigid command structure, flexibility, continuous, cyclic fronts, maneuverability

Warcry - "For the Palatine!"

VI Legion - Red Corsairs

Primarch - Leman Barbedor

Home World - Fleet-based

Heraldry - Undecided. NOT the Jolly Roger, so stop grinning Wade.

Colors - Red armor with black or gold trim

Frequent use of trophy taking (trinkets, icons, weapons, armor)

Tactics - Void warfare, disruption, boarding operations, low reliance on supply chains, behind enemy line operations

Motto - Give Nothing Back

Heraldry - Undecided. NOT the Jolly Roger, so stop grinning Wade.

Awwwww...

Legion: XVII

Name: Imperial Hounds

Primarch: Lorgar "Cleftjaw"

Homeworld: Fenris

Colors: Midnight Blue

Heraldry: An armored/hooded dog's head in black and grey

Tactics:

Void warfare, boarding operations and conventional fleet line operations, space hulk purges. Legion often fights besides gene altered cyber mastiffs

Motto: Per Ardua Ad Astra! (Through trials to the stars!), often shortened as "To the stars!"

Legion: X

Name: Minotaurs

Primarch: Ferrous Mordax

Homeworld: None (technically Nuceria, but they draw no recruits from there, taking aspirants from the worlds they conquer)

Colors: Black with bronze trim, all Legionary helms are modified to accomodate brass "horns" that in truth are cortical implants lodged in the Marine's skull.

Heraldy: A bronze bull with red eyes

Tactics: Armored Shock Assault, close quarters combat, heavy artillery

Motto: We Are The Fury!

Legion: XIII

Name: The Sons of Barabbas

Primarch: Roboute Barabbas

Homeworld: Barbarus

Colors: Olive drab green

Heraldry: A skull held by an armored gauntlet

Motto/Battlecry: Hail Barabbas!

Tactics:

Mass infantry attacks and a reliance on simple, easy to repair and maintain technology.

Boarding operations, how could I forget that?

As for the whole bit about Barabbas and Prospero, Sanguinius and the Shattering, Sanguunius and Magnus.

Remember, not everything needs to be happening at the same time. We have a whole war to plan, there will be more than enough room.

Legion: III

Name: Emperor's Children

Primarch: Fulgrim Dragonslayer

Homeworld: Medusa

Colours: Purple with silver trim/detailing.

Heraldry: A silver lightning bolt? Maybe? Either that or their canon heraldry.

Tactics: Kill the strongest targets first.

Battlecry: Vincere aut Mori! (Victory or Death!)

Legion: V

Name: White Scars

Primarch: Lasartine Bron

Homeworld: Inwit

Colours: White with red and black markings (like the regular White Scars, but with black bits as well as red)

Heraldry: Two crossed swords, blades pointing downwards.

Tactics: Sudden, highly destructive attacks.

Battlecry: Slay without mercy!

Legion: XVI

Name: Astral Wolves

Primarch: Lupercal

Homeworld: Kiavahr / Liberation (takes recruits from lots of places, though)

Colours: White and black, highly individualised - very few marines wear the exact same pattern.

Heraldry: Jolly Roger I have no idea. The wolf head from the Luna Wolves' badge, maybe?

Tactics: Starve targets of resources before striking.

Battlecry: Face The Wolves! Face Death!

EDIT:

No warcries, because I can't think of any that aren't rubbish.laugh.png

Alarming how often Konrad and the Executioners get left out lol.

I thought Konrad went into depression after the Emperor nearly perishes?

If so, he and his Legion could be entirely elsewhere until too late. Then, after another grim vision and realising his mistake, Konrad and his legion make for Terra, and are attacked and harassed by the traitors as they go.

Just an idea, of course. It gives room for a whole bunch of traitors to come after the Executioners in the years between the Shattering and the Siege of Terra, which could be plenty exciting.happy.png

>Suggestion: XX and XXI are both perceived as unpredictable. Corax tampered with orders to send them both to Signus Prime, where their emnity should spark off a civil war. Sanguinus decides it needs more daemons, so the two legions are faced with all four colours of chaos. Carnage ensues, complicated by the brothers deep-seated hatred.

Some elements of the legions team up, others can't, some turn, others fight to the death.

I'd personally prefer something different to one turns, the other stays loyal, but will try to work around it. Given Alpharius has a rather aggressive lieutenant with a distinctive topknot, perhaps his men can succumb to Chaos?

After the battle, the different factions realise they've been played and rush back to Earth... But I guess the warp is an unpredictable thing to rush back through.One faction could bump into Anubis along the way then reveal their true colours ...

RANDOM IDEA TIME!

Abbadon could turn a big chunk of the Cerberus Legion to his cause and rebel against his Primarch because he grows sick of Alpharius and Omegon's neverending feud.

"Alpharius was weak. Alpharius was a fool. He could have been the master of the galaxy, but squandered his talents in meaningless, endless skirmishes with a brother who was always beneath him."

And there you have a good reason for the two brothers to rally together at the bitter end, when a large portion of the Cerberus Legion turns against their own kin, aided by the Celestial Angels and the powers of Chaos.devil.gif

Hell, you could have Alpharius inadvertently sacrifice himself to protect his brother by simply standing and fighting against Sanguinius and Abaddon, allowing Omegon to order the retreat and curse himself out something rotten for being so blind to what was really going on.

I'll buy that for a dollar.

Legion: XIV

Name: Infernal Legion

Primarch: Adra'Melek 'The Burned Man'

Homeworld: Nocturne

Colours: Blackened steel with magma 'cracks'

Heraldry: Burning daemon head (too chaosy?)

Tactics: Kill Maim Burn. Up close with CCW, flamers and Melta. Largely infantry based.

Effrit legion... yeah, it's a mis-spelling (or a different anglicisation) of a type of genie or djinn. The logo is meant to be a stylised picture of one. A link to or a sketch of would be useful at this point. 

Equally, I can't get beyond three wolf moon t-shirts for Team Cerberus.

I had an idea that the shapes involved could look like a Ying and Yang when put together.

Imperial Hounds and War Hounds are getting a bit confusing. The former is the Space Wolves? What's their Fenrisian name? They could call themselves, in their own tongue, he Hearth Guard or The Hunt.

I'll buy that for a dollar.

You can have it for free, old chap.laugh.png

After all, you're the one who's going to have to make it all work well enough to convince 1000Heathens to deviate from his original intent.tongue.png

On Legion Heraldry:

It says in the blurb that Heathens posted for them that the Cerberus Legion has a Cerberus in front of an Alpha as their heraldry.

The Effrit Legion had Omegon's personal symbol (I presume an effrit?) with a chain running across it.

Thunor, how about a Scythe with a burning blade for the Legion Badge? They can always take the daemon-head heraldry post-heresy.biggrin.png

Legion:XVIII

Name: Solar Tigers 

Primarch: Anubis

Homeworld: Prosepero

Colours: Marble grey white, burnt orange helmets, shoulder pads varying from company.

Heraldry: Black staff flanked by a pair of tigers (either standing rampant or possibly stylized to be similar to the medical symbol, with tigers instead of snakes).

Tactics: Heavy use of Apothecaries, librarians trained to a higher standard then brother legions. Fast initial deployment, then dug in with heavy use of land speeder support, slight preference for plasma weaponry. Skilled artificers like cannon XVIII, albeit not to such a high degree or widespread.

Can you keep the Blood Angels and Dark Angels straight in canon?

Then button yer yap about Lorgar making his Legion call themselves the HjoldaUthankaRunkhelBjar, or whatever the Fenrisian word would be. And they are variant Word Bearers, NOT the VI Legion. Those guys are Cormac's boys.

His whole schtick is that he's taking his people to the stars, off this frozen death world of giant monsters and earthquakes.

He doesn't have anything like the reverence for Fenris's brutish, nasty, and short culture the canon Wolves have, so why would he give his Legion a Fenrisian name?

"It says in the blurb that Heathens posted for them that the Cerberus Legion has a Cerberus in front of an Alpha as their heraldry."

Cerberus is a three headed dog. In front of a vaguely circular object.

A bit like ...

http://snakeandsnake.com/3wolfmoon.jpg

"The Effrit Legion had Omegon's personal symbol (I presume an effrit?) with a chain running across it."

Yes, and I questioned what an 'effrit' was. ("yeah, it's a mis-spelling (or a different anglicisation) of a type of genie or djinn.")

EDIT:

No warcries, because I can't think of any that aren't rubbish.laugh.png

If I may offer a few suggestions?

Astral Wolves:

FREEEEEDDDOOMMMM!

Okay, I'll be serious now.

Clan MacGregor's motto "Ehn dhn baht spair nocht" (Slay and spare not!) fits, as does the slogan of the Brazilian BOPE elite cops "Faca na caviera!" (Knife to the face!). Or simply "Face the Wolves! Face death!"

Come to think of it, those would suit the Scars as well. (With the swap of a single word on the last one.)

For the III..."Justice, like lightning, should seldom appear, to few men's ruin but to all men's fear." Cut down to "JUSTICE LIKE LIGHTNING!" in battle.

So, I changed the Seventeenth's symbol around to a dog head wearing chain/scale mail covering, to make it stand out from the Astral Wolves, War Hounds and Cerberus.

It makes sense to me that since Lorgar grew up raising dogs to protect his sheep from FENRISIAN wolves his puppies would need all the help they could get. Hence, armor.

I also think I'd like his Astartes to make heavy use of pikes. As I see it, he learned to fight from his mother, who was a warrior maiden, and they usually fight in pike squares because that requires more teamwork and less "Blaargh! I swing my axe with my mighty thews!".

Plus there can be some scenes where Lorgar bangs new recruits heads togather because they don't want to wield a woman's weapon.

As for the whole stars thing...Lorgar was raised hearing tales of Uppland, a paradise among the stars where things were a lot better than Fenris.

And while he has kinda demythologized it with the huge space station he and his father built above the planet for its people to live on, his Legion still invest the stars with ritual and spiritual significance, with the bodies of their slain being launched into a system's star whenever they can be recovered.

So, when they call out "To the stars!" in a fight...

You know, I'd also like it if the Imperial Hounds used women in some kind of combat capacity. Obviously, not female Space Marines, but as tank drivers, scouts, Apocetharies (Valkyrie chooser of the slain and all that)...something. I need to study on this.

Edit: Glad I could help, Ace.

As some kind of auxiliary force mayhaps? Going with the Valkyrie idea possibly as a sort of body guard for apothecaries? Think Sisters of battle with more nordic style decoration instead of gothic, wielding halbeards/pikes (possibly with in built weapons like the custodes?) 

Archived