THE IRON TENTH

"Rest? We are not made to rest;

we go on, unflinching, unstoppable, unending in our strength.

The Emperor did not make us for such mortal concerns as hearth and home, vanity or contemplation;

we are his engines of war, his hammers,beating out the fabric of existence into a vessel fit for Mankind to inhabit."

-Ferrus Manus

SQUAD KHATASACH, TACTICAL COMPANY

gallery_28439_8977_70821.jpg

This is my first step into building a Horus Heresy era army. I've liked the Iron Hands for some time and now with the release of the new Space Marines Codex and Horus Heresy Massacre the time seems perfect to start collecting an Iron Hands army. I'm really looking forward to the Iron Hands specific models that Forge World hopefully soon will release (they are what pushed me over the edge and got me started collecting Iron Hands), but wanted to start building as soon as possible so I decided to do some slight conversions to the regular Mk III armours.

I will most likely be playing using the rules in Codex Space Marines so squads will be equipped differently from what is expected for a Horus Heresy army but I will try to keep them as thematically correct as possible. I'm currently planning to build a Tactical Squad, a Outrider Squad, Chapter Master on Bike and when they release the Medusan Immortals I will use them as Legion of the Damned.

SQUAD KHATASACH, TACTICAL COMPANY, BROTHER MAEL

gallery_28439_8977_13835.jpg

This is my favourite so far. I gave him a gorget made from plasticard and trimmed the helmet to fit. I think I will be doing more of these. He's also got a stud/valve on his chest.

SQUAD KHATASACH, TACTICAL COMPANY, BROTHER DEARG

gallery_28439_8977_88256.jpg

The Mk III helmets all look alike, I really like how Forge World have done different helmets in the Legion Mk IV kit so I thought I'd try to do some variations of Mk III helmets for my squad. I cut away some of the front grille to change it up.

SQUAD KHATASACH, TACTICAL COMPANY, BROTHER BARRA

gallery_28439_8977_122656.jpg

Modified helmet. The Tigrus pattern Bolt Gun was to short to fit nicely so I gave him a Umbra Ferrox pattern Bolt Gun instead.

SQUAD KHATASACH, TACTICAL COMPANY, BROTHER MANIXX

gallery_28439_8977_42713.jpg

This is the first model I built for this army. He got some plasticard bits around the rim of his neck armour to create a cog pattern. The helmet has had parts shaved of and replaced with enhanced filtration gear.

SQUAD KHATASACH, TACTICAL COMPANY, BROTHER KAVANN

gallery_28439_8977_11801.jpg

Not quite sure what to do with this one yet. He will probably get a special or heavy weapon.

Amazing start with the Iron Tenth (which soon in a few months when my World Eaters are done I can join in), I noticed in every picture cork and sand...is this by any chance a board you are making for Isstavan V or so? Anyways great work on the helmet modifications and small details on the armour, I really look forward to seeing this (and stealing a few ideas!)

Definitely stealing that Mk III helmet modification.

You sir, are a champion!

^ this !

I was already loving your 13rd Cie thread, and will follow this one closely !

Thank you everybody for the kind words! Really warms my heart and inspires me to stop procrastinating and continuing building my army.

@ Blindhamster

Thanks!

@ Brother Chaplain Kage

Hehe, thanks man!

@ Olisredan

I'm going to buy some heavy weapons and if they fit nicely he'll maybe get a Lascannon, sounds good? ;-)

@ Brother Heinrich

Thank you! Photographing minis can be really tricky and I've only got the camera in my phone to work with some I'm glad you like them.

@Maximvs, Kierdale

Thanks!

@ ColdWinter

Thanks, looking forward to see some World Eater action! The board will be a snow covered city ruin once it's finished, but I must admit that I was really tempted to do some terrain inspired by the one in Massacre.

@ The boater

The same idea struck me too as I was converting the helmets! Maybe I'll do some Death Guard versions later. ;-)

@ Marshal2 Crusaders

Yeah, they're very inspiring. If they only could put them up for sale soon I would be very happy.

@The_Chaplain, noctus cornix, Disruptor_fe404

Thanks!

@Dragonkin Arenis

Thank you! I need to invest in some bionics, will probably order some from Forge World. No conversions planned but I intend to do something for my Chapter Master/Praetor.

@BassWave

I will go with Raukaan for now.

@ Firepower

Thanks!

@ One-eye, reckoning34, Demon2027, batu

Thank you!

SQUAD KHATASACH, TACTICAL COMPANY, BROTHER LUNN

gallery_28439_8977_161832.jpg

I will add in some Mk II armours to add variety. Early WIP.

SQUAD BELENUS, OUTRIDER COMPANY, BROTHER ROGAN

gallery_28439_8977_254653.jpg

I really like these models. At first I wasn't that impressed with them but after having built it and put it next to the Marines on foot I like how massive it is. The keen eyed observer notes that I've used a Mk III shoulder pad with Mk IV armour, this is due to Forge World only having released the Iron Hands Mk III shoulder pads but I was thinking of using this as a theme for the army, even if they release the other marks I'd still go for the Mk III on all my Marines.

SQUAD KHATASACH, TACTICAL COMPANY

gallery_28439_8977_189592.jpg

Sculpted grilles for these two guys. Gave one of them an Honour badge too.

SEEKER SQUAD

gallery_28439_8977_220282.jpg

This is the start of my Seeker/Stern Guard Squad.

I think a lascannon might look good (my mental image, right now, has him toting a plasma cannon... but that's for me to do with my own models, not yours ;) ) - how exactly will you pose him?

Archived