Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Iron Tenth

Iron Hands 30K Forge World Conversions

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
54 replies to this topic

kapturowski

kapturowski

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 256 posts

THE IRON TENTH

"Rest? We are not made to rest;

we go on, unflinching, unstoppable, unending in our strength.

The Emperor did not make us for such mortal concerns as hearth and home, vanity or contemplation;

we are his engines of war, his hammers,beating out the fabric of existence into a vessel fit for Mankind to inhabit."

-Ferrus Manus

SQUAD KHATASACH, TACTICAL COMPANY

This is my first step into building a Horus Heresy era army. I've liked the Iron Hands for some time and now with the release of the new Space Marines Codex and Horus Heresy Massacre the time seems perfect to start collecting an Iron Hands army. I'm really looking forward to the Iron Hands specific models that Forge World hopefully soon will release (they are what pushed me over the edge and got me started collecting Iron Hands), but wanted to start building as soon as possible so I decided to do some slight conversions to the regular Mk III armours.

I will most likely be playing using the rules in Codex Space Marines so squads will be equipped differently from what is expected for a Horus Heresy army but I will try to keep them as thematically correct as possible. I'm currently planning to build a Tactical Squad, a Outrider Squad, Chapter Master on Bike and when they release the Medusan Immortals I will use them as Legion of the Damned. 

SQUAD KHATASACH, TACTICAL COMPANY, BROTHER MAEL

This is my favourite so far. I gave him a gorget made from plasticard and trimmed the helmet to fit. I think I will be doing more of these. He's also got a stud/valve on his chest.

SQUAD KHATASACH, TACTICAL COMPANY, BROTHER DEARG

The Mk III helmets all look alike, I really like how Forge World have done different helmets in the Legion Mk IV kit so I thought I'd try to do some variations of Mk III helmets for my squad. I cut away some of the front grille to change it up.

SQUAD KHATASACH, TACTICAL COMPANY, BROTHER BARRA

Modified helmet. The Tigrus pattern Bolt Gun was to short to fit nicely so I gave him a Umbra Ferrox pattern Bolt Gun instead.

SQUAD KHATASACH, TACTICAL COMPANY, BROTHER MANIXX

This is the first model I built for this army. He got some plasticard bits around the rim of his neck armour to create a cog pattern. The helmet has had parts shaved of and replaced with enhanced filtration gear.

SQUAD KHATASACH, TACTICAL COMPANY, BROTHER KAVANN

Not quite sure what to do with this one yet. He will probably get a special or heavy weapon.

Blindhamster

Blindhamster

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,188 posts

nice poses! I like the little extra details and the helmet modifications, will be keeping an eye on this!

Primaris Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2

Blood Angels 3rd Company Wins 25 Draws 5 Losses 13

Heresy Blood Angels: Wins 4 Draws 0 Losses 2
Blood Angels 4th company: Wins 10 Draws 3 Losses 4

gallery_62972_10568_12006.jpggallery_14877_13354_6399.jpggallery_62972_14467_4048.jpg

Blood Angels Primaris Blog

Brother Chaplain Kage

Brother Chaplain Kage

++ SACERDOS UMBRA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 8,022 posts

Loving the MK III modifications. When I saw the first pic, I thought you'd gotten some of the FW stuff for a second before I realized it was conversions.

dVIGLrG.pngFPVd6je.pngQiZFXmD.png

Hope is the first step to despair.

Check out my Instagram for other stuff I can't post here.

Olis

Olis

++ REDEMPTIO CALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 15,375 posts

Stirling work, brother. The subtle conversions look superb - they really add character. If it makes any difference, I see Kavann as being the heavy weapon guy. :)

Posted Image
Posted Image

Cowriter of the Guilliman Heresy Project. First Thread. Second Thread.

B&C forum rules: Linky. Octavulg's IA guide: Linky. DIY Article Templates: Linky.

He that never changes his opinions, never corrects his mistakes, will never be wiser on the morrow than he is today. - Tryon Edwards

Brother Heinrich

Brother Heinrich

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,977 posts

Nice conversions as well as photography, this is gonna be good.

Night%20Lord-01_zpsxbdvmpou.pngBlood%20Angel-01_zpswjlpjn40.png

Brother Aiwass

Brother Aiwass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,829 posts

Loving those conversions.

*Note to self: steal some ideas here*

gallery_33122_7839_9820.pnggallery_33122_7839_16895.pngheader-blog.jpg

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,777 posts
The modifications -particularly the helmet ones- are fantastic.
Kudos!

ColdWinter

ColdWinter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 642 posts

Amazing start with the Iron Tenth (which soon in a few months when my World Eaters are done I can join in), I noticed in every picture cork and sand...is this by any chance a board you are making for Isstavan V or so? Anyways great work on the helmet modifications and small details on the armour, I really look forward to seeing this (and stealing a few ideas!)

The boater

The boater

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 377 posts
Great start man, though you missed your calling... Those helmets would be perfect for some heresy death guard :P

-the Boater
"...and result in an unpleasant expiernce called sinking"

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,790 posts

I really like these guys. FW have done a great job with the Iron Hands

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

The_Chaplain

The_Chaplain

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,740 posts

Oh this is gonna be an awesome thread I can tell!

gallery_29004_6198_9307.pnggallery_48988_6285_7306.pnggallery_48988_6285_1776.jpggallery_48988_6285_6092.pngsml_gallery_29004_10691_2146.pngcatg2.pnggallery_45765_11565_4862.pngETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei02.gifgallery_30308_9518_8389.pnggallery_74802_15827_10034.jpggallery_48988_15738_19809.pnggallery_30308_9518_8597.jpg

I've started a twitch channel, you can find it here !

Noctus Cornix

Noctus Cornix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,692 posts

I'll be watching this for sure. Good to see a fellow 30k Iron Hands player.

"Dawn Cometh!"

Dawn Cometh – A Word Bearers Log | Noctus Cornix – My Instagram

To the Bitter End – The Badab War | NCornix – My Twitter               

Disruptor_fe404

Disruptor_fe404

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,597 posts

Definitely stealing that Mk III helmet modification.

You sir, are a champion!

The Sentinels
Chapter Command ([1]), Throne Company, Grail Company ([1], [2], [3]), Lance Company, Sword Company ([1], [2]), Dagger Company, Shield Company, Sigil Company, Tome Company, Storm Company, Shadow Company.

Current projects: Lance Company - Land Speeder TYPHOOOOOOON

Dragonkin Arenis

Dragonkin Arenis

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 758 posts

Loving the look of these so far - the helmet conversions are subtle, but completely change the look of the Mk.III helms. Great job!

What else have you got as far as conversions are concerned? Any bionics?

Lurking about since 2009.

The Iron Sentinels, Wardens of the Eastern Fringe (on hold)

Emperor's Children XXXII Company, The Praetorians

Does anyone else think that Kor Phaeron looks like Prince Phillip?

BassWave

BassWave

++ INCURSUS TACITURNUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,885 posts
Very promising. What clans do you plan to feature in your army?

Firepower

Firepower

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 10,357 posts

Damn those are cool! :tu:

Suffer not the xeno psyker kitten, as to it the souls of man are but balls of yarn and jingly amusements!
Brother Chaplain Kage: "I don't think anything makes Firepower happy."
gallery_38474_6916_27314.jpggallery_38474_6916_19616.jpgBT_Chaos_at_the_Gates_Banner.gifgallery_38474_6916_5384.jpggallery_29004_6198_9307.pngsml_gallery_29004_10691_1994.pnggallery_38474_6917_1744.pnggallery_38474_6916_16905.png
Templars a la Firepower -- IA: Broken Arrows -- Broken Arrows WIP Blog -- My Crummy Sketches

One-eye

One-eye

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 481 posts

You sir, are a champion!

^ this !

I was already loving your 13rd Cie thread, and will follow this one closely !

reckoning

reckoning

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,359 posts

You sir, are a champion!

^ this !

I was already loving your 13rd Cie thread, and will follow this one closely !

This as well. Cant wait to see more.

To Recover The Past Banner

karden00, on 28 Apr 2014 - 21:55, said:
Eh... dark angels couldn't hold the line. Surprise surprise....

Daemon2027

Daemon2027

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,928 posts
Oh they look fantastic. Cant wait to see some paint.

batu

batu

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 730 posts
Fantastic start mate. The conversions are very cool. I think this will be a fantastic project.

kapturowski

kapturowski

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 256 posts

Thank you everybody for the kind words! Really warms my heart and inspires me to stop procrastinating and continuing building my army.

@ Blindhamster

Thanks!

@ Brother Chaplain Kage

Hehe, thanks man!

@ Olisredan

I'm going to buy some heavy weapons and if they fit nicely he'll maybe get a Lascannon, sounds good? ;-)

@ Brother Heinrich

Thank you! Photographing minis can be really tricky and I've only got the camera in my phone to work with some I'm glad you like them.

@Maximvs,  Kierdale

Thanks!

@ ColdWinter

Thanks, looking forward to see some World Eater action! The board will be a snow covered city ruin once it's finished, but I must admit that I was really tempted to do some terrain inspired by the one in Massacre.

@ The boater

The same idea struck me too as I was converting the helmets! Maybe I'll do some Death Guard versions later. ;-)

@ Marshal2 Crusaders

Yeah, they're very inspiring. If they only could put them up for sale soon I would be very happy.

@The_Chaplain,  noctus cornix, Disruptor_fe404

Thanks!

@Dragonkin Arenis

Thank you! I need to invest in some bionics, will probably order some from Forge World. No conversions planned but I intend to do something for my Chapter Master/Praetor.

@BassWave

I will go with Raukaan for now.

@ Firepower

Thanks!

@ One-eye,  reckoning34,  Demon2027,  batu

Thank you!

SQUAD KHATASACH, TACTICAL COMPANY, BROTHER LUNN

I will add in some Mk II armours to add variety. Early WIP.

SQUAD BELENUS, OUTRIDER COMPANY, BROTHER ROGAN

I really like these models. At first I wasn't that impressed with them but after having built it and put it next to the Marines on foot I like how massive it is. The keen eyed observer notes that I've used a Mk III shoulder pad with Mk IV armour, this is due to Forge World only having released the Iron Hands Mk III shoulder pads but I was thinking of using this as a theme for the army, even if they release the other marks I'd still go for the Mk III on all my Marines.

SQUAD KHATASACH, TACTICAL COMPANY

Sculpted grilles for these two guys. Gave one of them an Honour badge too.

SEEKER SQUAD

This is the start of my Seeker/Stern Guard Squad.

Olis

Olis

++ REDEMPTIO CALIDUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 15,375 posts

I think a lascannon might look good (my mental image, right now, has him toting a plasma cannon... but that's for me to do with my own models, not yours ;) ) - how exactly will you pose him?

Posted Image
Posted Image

Cowriter of the Guilliman Heresy Project. First Thread. Second Thread.

B&C forum rules: Linky. Octavulg's IA guide: Linky. DIY Article Templates: Linky.

He that never changes his opinions, never corrects his mistakes, will never be wiser on the morrow than he is today. - Tryon Edwards

Ovidius Incertus

Ovidius Incertus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,181 posts

Love the minor additions and alterations.  Simple, but extremely characterful.  Especially love the cog effect around the gorget and the modified helms.  I'm gonna have to pilfer that.

GrandMagnus

GrandMagnus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,341 posts

Well... Im going to steal those MK III conversion ideas :D They look great!

gallery_30308_9518_6104.pngETL_2016_Banner_01_Oath_of_Moment.jpgETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gifETL_Medal_03.gif

If you want to see my minis, look me up on instagram under the name Manta_Man_Miniatures. Fantasy, 40k and historical minis :)

lokkorex

lokkorex

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,369 posts

looking good! like the modifications on the armour, the iron hands mk.3 set will fit right in with these guys.

L_T_Banner_V2.jpgL_T_Badge_02_Chaplain.jpg

"Loyalty is its own reward" Lion El'Johnson, Primarch of the Dark Angels legion.