[HH1.0] Iron Hands Tactics

Noctus Cornix

Does anyone here watch The30kChannel either via Youtube or subscription and enjoy the "Challenge the Channel" episodes where players fight against Autek Mor, 45 Immortals and 2 Dreadnoughts in a custom ZM board?

This army was a massive inspiration for me to start a IH army after recently finishing my AL.  Have spent the last month working on my paintscheme and am nearly settled as I am going for a black/brown look with an oil effect rather than a gloss black armour look.  Anyway... this prompted me to ask what inspired you to start collecting IH.

I have almost 1500 in unpainted models collected to date with a goal of 2500pts.  

PS: I just wish Gravguns were assault rather than Heavy...  however I did notice that if you run a Techmarine using the Mournival rules that you can give them suspensor-weps for +5pts = however this makes them 20pts each for an Immortal which seems a bit points heavy

Does anyone here watch The30kChannel either via Youtube or subscription and enjoy the "Challenge the Channel" episodes where players fight against Autek Mor, 45 Immortals and 2 Dreadnoughts in a custom ZM board?

This army was a massive inspiration for me to start a IH army after recently finishing my AL.  Have spent the last month working on my paintscheme and am nearly settled as I am going for a black/brown look with an oil effect rather than a gloss black armour look.  Anyway... this prompted me to ask what inspired you to start collecting IH.

I have almost 1500 in unpainted models collected to date with a goal of 2500pts.  

PS: I just wish Gravguns were assault rather than Heavy...  however I did notice that if you run a Techmarine using the Mournival rules that you can give them suspensor-weps for +5pts = however this makes them 20pts each for an Immortal which seems a bit points heavy

Doesn't we all wish that Grav-Guns where Assault? :wink:

Don't we all wish that Grav-Guns where Assault? :wink:

Honestly? I'd settle for them not being heavy.

The Boarding weapon I'd love FW to revise is the lascutter, so awesome in practice, but Cumbersome really kills it. It should be toned down to Unwieldy, or make it keep the BS debuff or limit to one attack, but not both.

Love that Channel, I always recommend subscribing.

Don't we all wish that Grav-Guns where Assault? :wink:

Honestly? I'd settle for them not being heavy.

The Boarding weapon I'd love FW to revise is the lascutter, so awesome in practice, but Cumbersome really kills it. It should be toned down to Unwieldy, or make it keep the BS debuff or limit to one attack, but not both.

I have considered getting a techmarine with a 4 servitors and equip the servitors with the lascutters as they have a crap WS and Int anyway so it would be a cheap powerfist option but there are so many better options for a HTH unit I can't justify building the squad.  The servitors also don't get the IH anti-shooting buff.  

I think that if FW toned down the negatives to this weapon then it would just be like a powerfist so the points for it would have to increase to compensate

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

http://i.4pcdn.org/tg/1648950923068.png

At long last! The Iron Tenth's Rites of War got finally leaked and I'm... confused.

Head of the Gorgon was streamlined. It gives less bonuses now, but also has fewer and simpler restrictions.
Still strong, especially with the new predator turrets, and the Nercotechnica.

Bitter Iron on the other hand was... nerfed? The Hatred bonus applies only to units with Bitter Duty. Why? It was already the weakest of the two rites. Every other legion buffed the weak rite at the expense of the strong one, but here things were left more less the same I guess?

I'm looking forward to playing Bitter Iron; got some immortals, destroyers on the way, and plans for a moritat to grav pistol tanks to death :biggrin.:

Immortals receiving Line and Heart of the Legion seems pretty big, 4+ FNP while on an objective! Plus boarding shields became a straight 5++ right? They are going to be very frustrating to move.

Edited by Gore Crow

They also went up to Ld10 with stubborn, which means they will hold the line for a lot longer. Only downside is the “loyalist only”, was hoping to use the traitor warlord trait with immortals.

Overall, iron hands are looking quite strong.....

Cadmus

Sadly, there's no way (yet) to attach your HQ (or any IC) to a unit of Immortals.

Well, apart from Mortitats. In some ways it feels quite thematic, immortals are the Pariahs of the Legion. It will change my list building as I currently run x20 immortals in a Spartan with a fearless support character. Stubborn and Ld10 means I no longer have to worry (as much) about them being swept in combat, so I’m not relying on a character joining them, they are more self sufficient as it were. Losing the Spartan as a DT is a bit of a pain, as you’ll be losing a heavy slot to run a larger unit.

What’s nice is the change to breacher squads getting access to volkite chargers, for me that was the main lure for using immortals. So I’m tempted to run them as standard breachers, especially if I want to get around the issue of character attachment. Although, I quite like the idea of using smaller units of immortals in LRs with an attached mortitat....

Cadmus

Yah, it’s quite iconic to just give us non functional melee equipment. I am hoping they might get rid of that stuff and allow us to just purchase chainswords instead of replacing our ranged options for them. Make up for all these teases, my immortals are almost always guaranteed to see close combat so a greatly stronger bite would be such a benefit.

Yah, it’s quite iconic to just give us non functional melee equipment. I am hoping they might get rid of that stuff and allow us to just purchase chainswords instead of replacing our ranged options for them. Make up for all these teases, my immortals are almost always guaranteed to see close combat so a greatly stronger bite would be such a benefit.

According to phase 3 leaks, they can switch their bolter for a Bolt Pistol & Chainsword for free.

I am aware, I was saying I wish they could just buy chainswords instead of exchanging. Phalanx wardens get bolters and power axes, just wish immortals got volkites and chainswords.

*chainaxes ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Under HH2.0 I am sure if I can still run Vorax Battle-automata as part of my list.  Previously you could take a unit of these if a marine had a cortex-controller or if you took the Head of the Gorgon RoW.  I haven't seen the proposed cortex rules and the new HotG RoW states that this elite choice is limited to Castalax whereas previously it just said "Battle-automata". 

Does anyone know if this is still the case?

• 4 weeks later...

Well looks like immortals had their points drastically changed, down 20 points from the play test and volkites chargers are brought in line with the costs of other units. Looking at a 40 point reduction on a unit of 10 with volkites.

Gorgons are unchanged other then them gaining stubborn.

Ferrus got a little tweak, forgebreaker is S12 instead of x2 and Forgebreaker also got brutal (3) now which is cool.

I didn’t notice any other changes from the play test, but overall I think it’s all positive.

Edited by xxunphasedxx

Well looks like immortals had their points drastically changed, down 20 points from the play test and volkites chargers are brought in line with the costs of other units. Looking at a 40 point reduction on a unit of 10 with volkites.

Gorgons are unchanged other then them gaining stubborn.

Ferrus got a little tweak, forgebreaker is S12 instead of x2 and Forgebreaker also got brutal (3) now which is cool.

I didn’t notice any other changes from the play test, but overall I think it’s all positive.

Any pics/links bud?