I have to agree, this thread is one of the most inspirational for its topic that BnC has ever hosted. I was quite content with just sitting on the 30K sidelines and watching you guys do your thing.

But this thread just worked on me.

Well done.

@Everyone: Thanks for the comments!

Kell turned out perfect. Love that fractured Scars helm on the base. I see he's one of the Dragoons' survivors, eh? 

I was wondering if anyone would notice the Scars helm. I'm thinking of a fun little story of Kell facing down a Scars champion at some point.

Kell is a survivor of sorts, yes. Life gets rough after Terra, though....

An I the only one wondering why the last marine has a teleporter pack?

Noctus is correct, it's a Refractor field. A low tech, heavy duty variant. Redundancies upon redundancies, extra cabling, yadda yadda. I like how it looks cobbled together, Frankenstein style, and thought it'd be cooler than an amulet or somesuch. I can almost imagine energy crackling between the refraction rods, and lightning snapping out to swat away bolt rounds and lashing out at sword arms with eardrum crashing booms.

Hey, if you're gonna be a Champion, there's no sense in keeping a low profile, right?  :P

An I the only one wondering why the last marine has a teleporter pack?

Noctus is correct, it's a Refractor field. A low tech, heavy duty variant. Redundancies upon redundancies, extra cabling, yadda yadda. I like how it looks cobbled together, Frankenstein style, and thought it'd be cooler than an amulet or somesuch. I can almost imagine energy crackling between the refraction rods, and lightning snapping out to swat away bolt rounds and lashing out at sword arms with eardrum crashing booms.

Hey, if you're gonna be a Champion, there's no sense in keeping a low profile, right? tongue.png

That is probably one of the coolest mental pictures I've ever been given. Man, if only you could write fluff for GW heathens, I have a feeling the universe would be 10x more awesome and grimdark.

That is probably one of the coolest mental pictures I've ever been given. Man, if only you could write fluff for GW heathens, I have a feeling the universe would be 10x more awesome and grimdark.

And brutal. It's always gotta be more brutal. 

Ah, that makes sense. Btw I love his fist, is that another ig fist/counts as power maul? Doesn't look as big as generic marine fists.

Yep, basically a more agile power fist, but with the drawback of a half-charge. Aka, power maul. The Iron Warrior version of brass knuckles, lol.

And you are correct, it used to be a Cadian Power fist. Cut it down just above the gauntlet edge, trimmed the thumb to look more natural, and attached it to a FW Mk IV arm. 

Appreciate the kind words, everyone. smile.png

Wow, Versteeg just oozes charisma. What head is that? Lord executioner? Also, what putty are you using for the bolter strap, hair, etc? I've never seen a black putty like that before.

Oh, that's just a black and white photo, sir. It's greenstuff with varying amounts of Milliput here and there. The head is from the Master of the Marches. Thanks!

I love all the little alterations you've done, from the hair, to swapping out the vents on the power pack. This guy is going to look badass painted up.

Yay, someone noticed the vents! Cheers, man.

Damn, that dude is a badass Darth. Well done.

Thanks, means a lot, Hein.

++++

He needs a couple pouches and grenades before paint. Sadly, it'll be a little while. I'm saving him until after at least one of the 10-man Tacticals are finished. Versteeg's bio hasn't been started, but he'll feature in some of the shorts in the future. Plan is that he becomes acting First Sergeant when the head NCO's Storm Eagle is shot down on OD-Day. He's a total hardass. That's all I'll say for now. biggrin.png

Archived