This thread is 100% full of awesome, so many of my favourite modellers on B&C in one place sweat.gif

I think that I speak for everyone when I say, that is one hell of a compliment. Your work has inspired much of my own, for instance. I still can't figure out how in the hell you sculpt hair so well, lol.

gallery_37532_8712_11117.png

http://www.blacklibrary.com/Images/BL/blog/2013/01/titan-blog/full-big.jpg

::::Recovered recording:::Data-Stack 92-212::::Noospheric interface complete:::::processing request::::::DENIED:::::

::::Security Clearance Required:::Credentials detected::::Processing request::::Access granted...Welcome Praetor::::

:Recovered Recording +No Visual Input+, damaged memory core; Ghanbaatar of the Iron Storm, V Legion, Ident code 37833-Theda; Deceased:

:Recording begins:::Sounds of physical struggle (weapons fire filtered), ceramite striking ceramite. Sudden capacitor discharge [Power Fist, 98% probable]:::

+Ghanbaatar: May...may your ancestors spit at your feet as you walk into Hell, Dog. +

:sound of capacitor recharge:

+Unknown voice (Dialect patterns match Olympian descent): I am not afraid, for my name is spoken with fear at the Gates of Hell. Die well, son of the Khan. +

:second capacitor discharge:

:recording ends:::memory core corruption/damage:

gallery_37532_8712_364144.pnggallery_37532_8712_327113.pnggallery_37532_8712_172938.png

[Pict Capture Dx/012-94-43] - Veteran-Brother Logan (Command)

gallery_37532_8712_204611.png

[Pict Capture Dx/30-811-089] - Veteran-Brother Aleksey (Command)

+Note Alloni System Heraldic Crest upon chestplate; XIV Dragoon, IV Legion Recruitment and Ward-World (Destroyed during The Great Scouring):

Dude are you freaking kidding me!?

Just when I'm feeling somewhat dull on the hobby, you go and post this. Pissed off Power Fist Dude might be my favorite mini of yours ever. Love the damage effects on the dying Scar. Gonna look so good with some paint. drool.gif

Can you think of a better way to keep an Astartes from moving his head? Hanging onto his skull though his eyesocket is as close to a guarantee as one can get. :D

Still, I should gouge his eye out to prove it.

WOW. How did you achieve that impact effect on the torso? :o

Of course the claw guy is named Logan :p is the legion symbol on his chest made from a sang guard death mask and some putty?

Edit: I read the names backwards. Apparently the fist guy is Logan. The lost opportunity makes me sad :(

Thanks for the comments, everyone. I'm glad he's..... such a hit?

http://smartmeetings.com/meeting-and-event-planning-news/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/austinpowers.jpg

You should take the thumb off of the gauntlet, and greenstuff it going into the eyesocket. Just a gruesome idea for ya. whistlingW.gif

That's the plan now, after BCK pointed it out. His comment.... Packed a punch?

(I could literally do this all day... :P)

WOW. How did you achieve that impact effect on the torso?

I too would like to know how you achieved this effect.

God dang, that power fist marine is just stunning; I can't take my eyes off it- he just oozes character.  The lightning claw marine is also very menacing- that's my favorite helm in the sevrin loth set; it's so sinister looking. 

I dremeled out a crater in his torso, then used an x-acto knife to etch a series of lines radiating from the crater. Then, I etched out a series of quarter circles through those lines. I filled in the crater with some epoxy (kinda hard to tell, it's greystuff), leaving an indent, and used an x-acto again to create line in the putty. Finally, I pushed in a hole in the putty at it's center, ensuring to leave it broken looking, like shards of ceramite over a gaping wound.

Archived