Oh see now, those two might just be my favourite two Astartes in this gorgeous plog. They ooze brutality and simplicity, and a sense of patiently held violence. Je suis adore.

High praise indeed. I thank you sir. If I am honest, I had never heard or seen your work before I had tagged along on this project. When I was suggested to take a look through your works, you can be sure I was thoroughly impressed. :)

I love Storm Killer. I finished reading Vengeful Spirit today, and I was picturing there 2 guys when ever I read about the battles involving the SoH. And the background, every time I read your work I want to sit down and write something myself.

You thought of my models as you read through a book? I'm flattered :D

I need to get into this somehow, or something like it. Can someone please let me know when they plan on doing something like this again?  It may drive me in the right direction for which Legion I would want to touch on next.  Definitely Loyalist, but so many to pick from.  I figure the conflict participated in would definitely give me what choices to pick from.  

Again, this thread is inspiring and I am rereading the entire thing right now!

gallery_37532_8712_11117.png

::::Recovered recording:::Data-Stack 84-43-711::::Noospheric interface complete:::::processing request::::::DENIED:::::

::::Security Clearance Required:::Credentials detected::::Processing request::::Access granted...Welcome Praetor::::

:WARNING: Visual Only:

gallery_37532_8712_534763.pnggallery_37532_8712_535363.pnggallery_37532_8712_321574.png

[Pict Capture DX/63-55-83232] - Land Speeder Javelin [Kiowa Pattern] Serial#00-02AA (Callsign: Golden Arrow)

gallery_37532_8712_510796.png

[Pict Capture DX/63-55-83232]- Addendum - Sergeant Vargas

gallery_37532_8712_191574.png

[Pict Capture DX/54-90-96] - Thunder Battery I - Brother Natchez and Sergeant MkLain

gallery_37532_8712_377244.png

[Pict Capture DX/54-90-43] - Thunder Battery II - Brother Ecitar and Sergeant Vazquez

gallery_37532_8712_301341.png

[Pict Capture DX/54-90-43] - Thunder Battery III - Brother Kowen and Sergeant Minaghah

gallery_37532_8712_124869.png

[Pict Capture DX/54-90-43] Vox-Brother Sopha - I Squad (Breach)

gallery_37532_8712_39982.png

[Pict Capture DX/822-43-7865] Veteran-Brother Mason, The Bloodless - Command

gallery_37532_8712_11117.png

::::Recovered recording:::Data-Stack 84-43-711::::Noospheric interface complete:::::processing request::::::DENIED:::::

::::Security Clearance Required:::Credentials detected::::Processing request::::Access granted...Welcome Praetor::::

:WARNING: Visual Only: Continued:

gallery_37532_8712_163953.png

[Pict Capture DX/822-43-7865] Veteran-Brother Kal Xenic - II Platoon (Sapper)

gallery_37532_8712_151958.png

[Pict Capture DX/322-18-8364] Brother Vinton - II Platoon (Tactical)

gallery_37532_8712_99725.png

[Pict Capture DX/322-18-8364] Brother Caprique - II Platoon (Tactical)

gallery_37532_8712_163088.png

[Pict Capture DX/322-18-8362] Brother Halifax - II Platoon (Tactical)

gallery_37532_8712_22058.png

[Pict Capture DX/322-18-811] Veteran-Brother Jhosiah - I Detatchment (Yahalom)

gallery_37532_8712_165959.png

[Pict Capture DX/322-18-812] Sergeant Rosso - I Commando (Recon)

gallery_37532_8712_15918.png

[Pict Capture DX/329-18-4322] Brother Ghantz - I Commando (Recon)

gallery_37532_8712_316052.png

[Pict Capture DX/329-18-4311] Warden Kahalani - The Man of Sorrow (Dragoon 'Chaplain')

The Quad/Thud guns, the repurposed marines, the gorgeous conversions, all brilliant, thumbs up all round......  I think it's the miraculous blend of the H.Heresy with a splash of the ol' R.Trader days for me at least......

But.....

Just one tiny-teeny-itsy comment. 
Just one. 

Isn't the tail section on the Tempest back to front ?  

/scarpers

Putting us all to shame, Heathens.

I now have two new favorites from your army. Mason, who's killer combination of bits is raw genius, and Kal Xenic; that helmet is so fitting in tandem with a Mk. I suit.

You've really knocked it out of the park, man. Always a pleasure to view your inspiring work. :tu:

http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp299/spencertrimm/616wip1.jpg

http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp299/spencertrimm/616wip2.jpg

http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp299/spencertrimm/616wip3.jpg

http://i421.photobucket.com/albums/pp299/spencertrimm/616wip4.jpg

+++ First Sergeant Jorund Rakell, 44th Company, II Battalion, III Regiment, VII Legion +++

I wanted for this post to be a more thorough explanation of the changes about to come, but I was too excited about this guy to wait any longer. With the release of Extermination, myself and M2C have slowly been restructuring our VII Legion forces and fashioning a more collaborative effort that fits the depiction of the Fists from book 3. I Airborne is no longer, at least not in the same sense as before. However, the 44th Company, my new Company, will be a Breacher formation entirely outfitted in Mk. III, with supporting detachments highlighting other roles. I'm unhappy to address that my hobby productivity has really dropped off lately. That needs correcting. My next update will feature something of more worth, while I continue working on the 44th Company's story arc. Thanks for looking! 

Beautiful work Darth Potato! I'm really looking forward to seeing an all breacher force, especially if they're as nicely modelled as Jorund.

Looking forward to seeing your XLIV company develop :)

Darth, if I may be so bold to say, I think I see a little of my builder madness in yourself. Even though you may not have the output of the other members in the thread, I think yours regularly have the best poses that really seem to bring them to life. I will sometimes spend hours tweaking a pose, and I don't know if you give it that much time, but I can sense that same obsessive fingerprint in your pics.

Well done, and can't wait to see when you pick up your pace.

Thank you all for the comments, it's reaffirming my choice to change direction with the army. smile.png

Love that guy. I can't quite place the chainsword though...

Thunderwolf Cavalry kit, mate. Pretty underused and it has some fresh alternatives that you don't see much of.

Darth, if I may be so bold to say, I think I see a little of my builder madness in yourself. Even though you may not have the output of the other members in the thread, I think yours regularly have the best poses that really seem to bring them to life. I will sometimes spend hours tweaking a pose, and I don't know if you give it that much time, but I can sense that same obsessive fingerprint in your pics.

Well done, and can't wait to see when you pick up your pace.

Wow, bro. You've managed to sum up my approach to model building in fewer words than I ever have. At the risk of sounding vain, it really is an organic process. And it does take me a lot longer than it should. That's the perfectionist touch in me. Too many nights spent staring at a single model on my desk, visualizing what I want to achieve and the new techniques to be tried along the way. Sometimes it works, a lot more of the time it doesn't. But that's the fun in it, and I know you understand that as well as anyone else on here. Really appreciate it, man, your work has always been an inspiration.

Archived