I did not, just two 1mm plasticard spacers in the middle of the thigh and shin. This give the models the lankier (if still anatomically incorrect) proportions of the Kopinski forge world artwork. One of these days I'll sit down and knock out a tutorial for it. These bad boy as the first models I tried extending and are incredibly rough. Each took about an hour to enlingate, while my time now is somewhere between 10-15 mins for a complete set of legs. I'm painting an Apothecary today, so after I get him done I'm gonna reorganize the workstation and show off some of the BoP mark 3 plastics.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ive got 400 gr for the first step I grabbed from a hardware store (IIRC, it's been a couple of months since I bought it). The next steps I tried various sanding needles from a hobby lobby, and a few sheets of fine sandpaper (can't see a grain label on the sheet) I got in a model train shop.

After you use 400, what grains do you use in the following steps? I wanna try another one over the weekend so I can make the hajj into Nova, DC or BMore today where all the dedicated model/hobby shops are.

• 2 months later...

Archived