Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1144 replies to this topic

Reyner

Reyner

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,089 posts
Love the yellow and back on your Fists Rohr.

gallery_60566_6038_242.gifgallery_26119_9644_9137.pnggallery_60566_6038_826.gif
"I don't need my left arm to run." - Sergeant Arkad VII Legion bad-ass.

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,400 posts
Thanks man! I'm still playing with it to see what works best at the moment. Very pleased with its current look.

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

+++The Iterators Guild+++

A Group for Lore Minded Hobbyists and World Building Projects

Jamafore

Jamafore

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 321 posts

How are the Prospero MK 3 armours set up? Multipart like the Tac squad, or in 2 pcs like the DV Chosen?

QUOTE (Drudge Dreadnought) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Facts are chains that bind perception and fetter truth. For a man can remake a world if he has but a dream and no facts to cloud his mind."

"You build it, and it looks good. You prime it, all the work unifies, and it looks better. But then you paint it, and remember why you put all the effort in to it, as it comes to life." - Subtle Discord

"Rabid Ferrets make wonderful minions. Here have some!" ::hands over squirming bag::  -Me in various online games.

"I love it when people try to correct grammar on the internet. As if posting a correction to a post written in three seconds is going to stem the tide of illiteracy." - StigmatTickles, Gamefaqs.com Message Board.

20.jpg

Xbox Gamertag: Jamafore. I'm in Central standard time. Apparently -5 dst?

fire golem

fire golem

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,794 posts

How are the Prospero MK 3 armours set up? Multipart like the Tac squad, or in 2 pcs like the DV Chosen?

Multipart. They're a full tac squad kit, basically.

Jamafore

Jamafore

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 321 posts

Thank you. Apologies for the semi offtopic post.

QUOTE (Drudge Dreadnought) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Facts are chains that bind perception and fetter truth. For a man can remake a world if he has but a dream and no facts to cloud his mind."

"You build it, and it looks good. You prime it, all the work unifies, and it looks better. But then you paint it, and remember why you put all the effort in to it, as it comes to life." - Subtle Discord

"Rabid Ferrets make wonderful minions. Here have some!" ::hands over squirming bag::  -Me in various online games.

"I love it when people try to correct grammar on the internet. As if posting a correction to a post written in three seconds is going to stem the tide of illiteracy." - StigmatTickles, Gamefaqs.com Message Board.

20.jpg

Xbox Gamertag: Jamafore. I'm in Central standard time. Apparently -5 dst?

Noctus Cornix

Noctus Cornix

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,510 posts

No worries. It's fine to ask questions.

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,400 posts

gallery_24723_8979_503212.jpg

Your opinion is important, and someone posting here probably does care what you think. You should go tell them. Remember that it really hurts to come up with an idea you care about and have no one else care. Go care about something and tell them what you think. Now. Think of what it would have meant to you when you were young.

RedGabe

RedGabe

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 69 posts

Wonderful. Brutal. Awesome. Epic.

Thank you for sharing all your work. So very inspiring!

++Emperor protects++

Ultramarines 2:nd battle company "anatomical-scale":  http://www.bolterand...tle-company-51/

Cadian shocktroops: (Comming soon)

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,400 posts

gallery_24723_8979_171100.jpg

Tenaebron

Tenaebron

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2 posts

Awesome :)

Soldier of Dorn

Soldier of Dorn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,505 posts
Not gonna lie, the putty work looks *very* rough. I assume this is still in an early stage of WIP?

gallery_78067_11287_41024.pnggallery_78067_11287_2164.pnggallery_78067_11287_16564.png

For the light of Sol, and the earth of Terra, we stand. For the oaths we made, we stand. For the blood in our veins, we stand.
For the stones laid by our ancestors, we stand. For the days that have passed and the days that shall come, we stand.
For the living and the honour of the dead, we stand.

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,400 posts
The sculpting is done and I sanded for about another hour or two. Once the paint went on I found some issue areas to look out for on the next one but it's not bad for a first try.

Brother Chaplain Kage

Brother Chaplain Kage

++ SACERDOS UMBRA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,897 posts

What grit are you using? The lowest I used to sand GS is 400 and there's a few steps up to 1000 for a smooth finish. Also, wet sand or use some kind of mask 'cause you don't want to be inhaling that stuff.

dVIGLrG.pngFPVd6je.pngQiZFXmD.png

Hope is the first step to despair.

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,400 posts
Ive got 400 gr for the first step I grabbed from a hardware store (IIRC, it's been a couple of months since I bought it). The next steps I tried various sanding needles from a hobby lobby, and a few sheets of fine sandpaper (can't see a grain label on the sheet) I got in a model train shop.

After you use 400, what grains do you use in the following steps? I wanna try another one over the weekend so I can make the hajj into Nova, DC or BMore today where all the dedicated model/hobby shops are.

Thrillhouse

Thrillhouse

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 211 posts
I am by no means a good or experienced sculptor, but i usually finish of with one or two layers of ardcoat (applied by brush) to give it a smoother finish.

"Mankind is unkind man
God luck and good speed"

Capt. Jack

Capt. Jack

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 311 posts
Back to B&C after a lengthy hiatus. This thread is exceptional. Some outstanding content guys. Keep up the good work!

Daemon2027

Daemon2027

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,928 posts
I've always found sanding a bit of a pain and try my best to avoid it. I also usually have to go over my GS once I've undefeated because once the paint is on I find it easier to see the imperfections.

depthcharge12

depthcharge12

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,718 posts

gallery_24723_8979_503212.jpg

I never noticed how their guns look like drum barreled m1 garands....hmm
Sons of Horus painting log (3000+ points & Horus)

http://www.bolterand...rus-plog-horus/

Scars of Rangdan, Dark Angels Legion:

http://www.bolterand...79#entry4575179

Marshal Rohr

Marshal Rohr

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17,400 posts

+++WIP+++

After reading Master of Mankind (three times :D), I had to go ahead and knock these out. Diocletian and Kaeria. 

gallery_24723_8979_541885.jpg

gallery_24723_8979_237015.jpg

gallery_24723_8979_172627.jpg

gallery_24723_8979_70008.jpg

gallery_24723_8979_359504.jpg

Gorgoff

Gorgoff

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,070 posts
I'm..... starvin'...... need more.... stories....
Bring back Psycho Dad!
gallery_48988_10980_12646.png