Savage Midnight: Armored Up an Rolling Heavy for ETL-Pg.109

Flint13

Evening guys! Here's a PiP of my very first Night Raptor. He's about 50% right now, but should give a decent idea.

I keep promising myself I'll get behind my desk and actually learn to paint that glow effect since I've still got the recipe you gave me. But damn girl, seeing all this cool :cuss makes me want to write about them not paint ;)

Morning guys! This one has been finished for a little while, just been a little lazy about photoing it.

@ Slipstreams - Haha, don't give up just b/c of something silly like that :P
I stuck with the light blue/white b/c I wanted red to be absolutely minimal on these guys, while having a lot more black in the color scheme.
The Night Raptors in the 28th are the personal attack dogs of Jhadek Redcrow, and just like his command squad, are hand picked from the most aggressive and skilled of the Nostraman spire highborn.
@ Dantay - Thanks! I've always thought of Volkites like those Martian ray guns from Mars Attacks!
@ Forte - I'll do my darndest. He's pretty much finished except for lightning right now. Just having intermittent photo taking problems pinch.gif
@ Barabbas - Thanks!
@ Kol Saresk - Haha, nah. Mine's all messy.
@ lokkorex - Haven't decided on the exact number yet. The first murder will be 15 made up of a mix match of FW Night Raptors, Terror squad torsos/heads, and MK4 assault marines. May do a second squad of them depending on how my enthusiasm runs.
@ AlanofAngels - Haha, I think that's too much credit. Exhibit A: I didn't realize his left hand was an elbow glove until last night, and I had just painted it blue like his armor. Had to trim it out and replace it with a MK4 arm and start from the ground up on his blues.
@ Dantay x2 - That would be pretty badass! Spec ops Night Raptors...
@ Balth - You should totally give it a try and get back on painting. That glow effect is *stupid* easy to do (which is why I do it... 'cause I'm lazy...).
Now if I could only figure out a repeatable standard for taking pictures...

So as my 4 year-old son, Ben, would say HOT DOG, GOOD JOB!! That Lightning is looking ace, maybe thin the washes on the tail a wee bit but otherwise really good. Infact scratch that, its shadow from where they were panel berating the damage out of the tail tongue.png

Okay, so you get a Storm Eagle, and I'll get a Storm Eagle, then our Legions can have a mid-air dance off!! biggrin.png

...Why couldn't the Night Lords also have a Crow Theme to them?

Having Squads be named Murders (cuz its a Murder of Crows :p ) would have been A ) Awesome B ) Ultra Fluffy to their character.

...Why couldn't the Night Lords also have a Crow Theme to them?

Having Squads be named Murders (cuz its a Murder of Crows :p ) would have been A ) Awesome B ) Ultra Fluffy to their character.

1.) No one has done it yet. 2.) Sevatar, Prince of Crows. Remember, the Night Lords didn't just recruit from Nostramo. It is highly doubtful that everyone carries on with the Nostraman traditions. It's called conversion people. Convert the Night Lords into your image.

Afternoon guys!

@ Dantay - I've totally got a Storm Eagle. He's like on page 5, haha.

@ Slipstreams - Mhmm, in the 28th, airborne units are murders, tactical units are claws, support elements are dew claws.

@ incinerator - I could see it.

@ Kol - I do my best. I'm glad to see the Nostraman hill tribes occasionally too.

@ Barabbas - Nah, he just falls with style ^_^ (ie, so far he's been shot down a *lot*)

Looks like your Night Lords are heading into the Danger Zone! Que Kenny Loggins playing in the background.
Great looking flyer, good to see it finished, as Barabbas said, that blue is really nice. And the edge highlights! So straight, like you are using a machine or something. Maybe you are actually a machine yourself and that is your secret, who knows! You can now go make jet engine noises with a painted flyer. 

Excellent stuff, Flint. Love that blue color. The flyer is aces, too.

I have never done lightning on a larger surface before- will you do "more" (small bolts but a lot of them) or larger (less bolts but painted to larger scale)?

Evening folks. Here's the Night Raptor 90% complete, just needs a little clean up and some lightning.

Anything else anyone can think of before I call him finished?

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/537/JImktZ.jpg

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/540/3yqqkU.jpg

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/743/LYO4Dc.jpg

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/537/NlvBN5.jpg[/url]L]

@ Marqol - Hah, I have been called a "lady painting terminator" before. Which may or may not have been an insult.

@ Incinerator - I actually had a kill banner I finished for the Knight that read "Kalshiel Vallia" in Nostraman, but I couldn't get it to hang just right on the lance so I ended up leaving it off.

@ GeekTom - The Lightning Fighter won't be getting NL lightning (ironic or poetically coincidental?) but I'm thinking on the Storm Eagle, I'll go for a bunch of smaller lightning spikes.

Archived