Luther's W.o.S.P. (Works of Slow Progress)

LutherMax

I use micro sol and micro set on decals that I bought from chapter customizer. The products work just fine.

Yes, I am going to try inkjet paper.

I could get access to a laserjet printer at work, but as it is a communal printer, always scared somebody will print their work stuff on my expensive paper :biggrin.:

Will give it a test, cheers.

If too strong can the microsol/set be diluted down, or is it best just to use it for smoothing the decal out only?

Congrats with featuring on Warhammer Community! They are a thing of beauty

Well deserved Luther. It's always a pleasure to see your finished models - although it does make me feel somewhat inadequate in my own efforts... :wink:

WELL DESERVED appearance on Warhammer Community!

I saw your feature on the Warhammer Community site and then was told your a frater! Really stunning work and I love your Shrike conversion.

Thanks guys!!

Well done. However, I think more models should lean forwards, as if diving into battle. I understand your models lean back to dodge enemy shots, but it also looks like they're falling back, i.e., withdrawing from battle. People (including myself) often mistake such reactive behavior as passive, even submissive behavior- not traits you want associated with one's own army.

How are you painting at such a high standard and knocking models out at a pretty quick rate? I'm very impressed! It's taking me ages to get through just one tactical squad!

If you have time could you run through your techniques for the inside of the jump pack vents and the colours used please?

Thanks for the comments and congrats!

Well done. However, I think more models should lean forwards, as if diving into battle. I understand your models lean back to dodge enemy shots, but it also looks like they're falling back, i.e., withdrawing from battle. People (including myself) often mistake such reactive behavior as passive, even submissive behavior- not traits you want associated with one's own army.

That’s not the feeling I get from them. The models are pretty much mono-pose from the kit, and I thought this angle made them look like they’re aiming down slightly at targets in front of them. If they were tilted forwards they’d be shooting pretty much straight down at the ground!

How are you painting at such a high standard and knocking models out at a pretty quick rate? I'm very impressed! It's taking me ages to get through just one tactical squad!

If you have time could you run through your techniques for the inside of the jump pack vents and the colours used please?

I tend to spend a day airbrushing a whole bunch of models at once. From that point a unit can usually be done in two or three sessions so I can crack them out pretty quick.

For the thrusters I base coated them Vallejo Model Air Light Sea Blue, then sprayed White right in the centre and French Blue around the edges. Then some white edge highlights on the little ridges inside. Here’s a closeup I took on my phone:

thruster.jpg

That’s not the feeling I get from them. The models are pretty much mono-pose from the kit, and I thought this angle made them look like they’re aiming down slightly at targets in front of them. If they were tilted forwards they’d be shooting pretty much straight down at the ground!
Are the shoulders fixed in place? No way for you to mount the arms (and the guns those hands hold) parallel to the torso?

What a fecal design for the models.

Are the shoulders fixed in place? No way for you to mount the arms (and the guns those hands hold) parallel to the torso?

What a fecal design for the models.

From memory (I actually built these months ago!), the arms and torso have those shaped nubs on them that want to force them into a fixed position. Probably because of the cabling that connects to the back of the torso. The impression I get from the pose is that they're balanced between the weight of their packs (causing them to lean back) and the thrust being generated (pushing them forward). I have them mounted on brass rod which I've bent, and could easily bend more to have them angled further forward, but mine look pretty much the same angle as the ones shown on e.g. the Games Workshop website.

I must admit, these are not my favourite Primaris models. I'm not super keen on the Aggressors or the Repulsor either but they have all been super fun to paint!

Thanks for the info on how you paint the thrusters, I will give that a go.

I personally think your Inceptors are well positioned. To me they look like they are coming in to land feet first on something/someone while getting shots off.

Edited by Mostwanted

The arms of the inceptors (at least from the Dark Imperium box) are mounted on shaped pegs for fixed positions. I however have a magnet problem and promptly cut the posts off. My thought was to eventually buy plasma arms so I could run either without buying a whole new box.

You could also just cut the posts and glue the arms in whatever position you want to.

My painting is no where near Luther's quality but in this is my inceptor album where you can see different arm positions. Bonus with the magnets is they get slightly more compact when storing in foam for travel.

https://imgur.com/a/nTTBE

The arms of the inceptors (at least from the Dark Imperium box) are mounted on shaped pegs for fixed positions. I however have a magnet problem and promptly cut the posts off. My thought was to eventually buy plasma arms so I could run either without buying a whole new box.

You could also just cut the posts and glue the arms in whatever position you want to.

My painting is no where near Luther's quality but in this is my inceptor album where you can see different arm positions. Bonus with the magnets is they get slightly more compact when storing in foam for travel.

https://imgur.com/a/nTTBE

Thanks for the info – that's good to know! If I do more of these it would be pretty boring to have them in the same poses!

I loved this model when I first saw it, but I felt my buddy Legofingerz improved it even further with his excellent conversion, so I did what all good artists do when they see a great idea. I stole it.

Raptors-Primaris-Chaplain-01-768x768.jpg

Raptors-Primaris-Chaplain-02-768x768.jpg

Raptors-Primaris-Chaplain-03-768x768.jpg

Raptors-Primaris-Chaplain-04-768x768.jpg

Raptors-Primaris-Chaplain-05-768x768.jpg

Raptors-Primaris-Chaplain-06-768x768.jpg

Raptors-Primaris-Chaplain-07-768x768.jpg

Raptors-Primaris-Chaplain-08-768x768.jpg

Edited by LutherMax

Man I've just been through all 29 pages and I have to say this is just so freakin' awesome. Nice to see some love for one of the lesser known chapters, and your airbrush skill is just mind blowing.

Any tips for someone just starting out with one? 

Man I've just been through all 29 pages and I have to say this is just so freakin' awesome. Nice to see some love for one of the lesser known chapters, and your airbrush skill is just mind blowing.

Any tips for someone just starting out with one?

Thanks man!

I learned how to airbrush minis watching YouTube videos: Awesomepaintjob, Buypainted, Robpaintsmodels, Dr Faust. All highly recommended!