Luther's W.o.S.P. (Works of Slow Progress)

LutherMax

Hey Luther, you got a lovely ivory going on the 'wings' of the Chaplain dreadnought, any chance you can share what colours you used?

Sure, I used the Andrea Color white paint set. Just layered the base and highlight colours in order, coat of gloss varnish, coat of Agrax Earthshade Gloss.

I am a lifelong Space Wolves player but I've occasionally branched out into others (DA, SW, UM, Custodes).  

When Shadowspear came out, I realized there was a chapter better suited to this kind of warfare - but the Raptors appeal to me far more than the Raven Guard, so that's what I'm working on.

Your work is beautiful and an inspiration to me.

I am a lifelong Space Wolves player but I've occasionally branched out into others (DA, SW, UM, Custodes).  

When Shadowspear came out, I realized there was a chapter better suited to this kind of warfare - but the Raptors appeal to me far more than the Raven Guard, so that's what I'm working on.

Your work is beautiful and an inspiration to me.

YASS! Welcome to the True Chapter – and thanks!!

I just finished my second captain, of the 4th Company – the highly decorated Captain Vale...

Raptors-Primaris-Captain-Vale-01-768x768

Raptors-Primaris-Captain-Vale-02-768x768

Raptors-Primaris-Captain-Vale-03-768x768

Raptors-Primaris-Captain-Vale-04-768x768

Raptors-Primaris-Captain-Vale-05-768x768

Raptors-Primaris-Captain-Vale-06-768x768

Thanks guys!

And now...

This was a very special project, for a very special girl. Emerson is currently fighting leukemia like a BOSS! Her dad is a good friend of mine and when Emerson took a liking to the Sons of the Phoenix space marine chapter, he asked if I would paint a model for her in that scheme. She chose a Redemptor Dreadnought as the subject and it has been a great honour for me to paint it for a girl who, despite everything she has been through, is never without a smile on her face. A true warrior.

You can read more about Emerson's story here, and even make a donation to help her in her fight: https://www.gofundme.com/help-emerson-fight-leukemia

Sons-of-the-Phonex-Redemptor-Dreadnought

• 2 weeks later...

Explain! Now!

...cus it’s gorgeous! And looks like you have stepped into the oil game?

You are correct! I have produced a very detailed PDF guide on the whole process - check it out!

No pressure to buy of course, but if you do, I don’t think you’ll be disappointed ;)

Disclaimer for all - it’s not that the new method for red is harder (in fact, it IS simpler), I just don’t have the paints for it. If you haven’t already committed to his first recipe, I highly encourage you to check it out and try it out. I have used similar methods when painting other ranges of minis to great effect. Solid work Luther!

Explain! Now!

...cus it’s gorgeous! And looks like you have stepped into the oil game?

You are correct! I have produced a very detailed PDF guide on the whole process - check it out!

No pressure to buy of course, but if you do, I don’t think you’ll be disappointed ;)

Do one for Relictors and it’s an instant buy from me!