Luther's W.o.S.P. (Works of Slow Progress)

LutherMax

Would you consider your green for the Raptors a cool color? I think it balances well with the warm white, yellow real or badges, and the warm browns you put on the bases or picked. It's cohesive, without being a strong contrast to their of the balance too much to be glaring.

If you didn't think about the colors that specifically, then you're a natural talent and I envy you!

The models look great and if enjoyed reading some of your guides.

Would you consider your green for the Raptors a cool color? I think it balances well with the warm white, yellow real or badges, and the warm browns you put on the bases or picked. It's cohesive, without being a strong contrast to their of the balance too much to be glaring.

If you didn't think about the colors that specifically, then you're a natural talent and I envy you!

The models look great and if enjoyed reading some of your guides.

I do think about such things :D

I would say it's overall a warm green, but I use a cool green primer so if any of this is left visible in shadows etc, they are cool.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys!

You have very cool bases!Are they made from cork?

Yep the main bit of the base is just a torn piece of cork sheet. Then I added some pieces of slate on top and some sand/PVA here and there to vary the scale.

And here I thought your weathering was good when this thread started in 2013. That is some amazing and perfectly subtle work, with weathering and wearing in all the spots that make sense. My hat is off to you, Sir, Edited by Riklanim

Great work as always!

The screens and goggles are state-of-the-art quality! Also love your camo scheme on the cloaks. I went with something similar on my own Eliminators just with an urban twist. Basically- few muted colours tied with almost white irregular lines.

Armour and bases are fantastic as well.

4 colours of the pouches is a bit hilarious, although it does make them even more camouflaged :P

Also I'm a bit surprised you've left the bare skin of the mohawk-guy exposed with such a strong camouflage-theme. Admittedly it does not look bad as the skin tone is well within the palette of colours used.

Overall they're a joy to watch as always :)

Thank you all for the comments!

Also I'm a bit surprised you've left the bare skin of the mohawk-guy exposed with such a strong camouflage-theme. Admittedly it does not look bad as the skin tone is well within the palette of colours used.

Heh good point – he really should have his hood up!! A bit of camo paint would have been cool in retrospect... maybe when I do the multi-part kit :wink:

I managed to get another model from Shadowspear done this weekend – the Phobos Librarian. Fantastic model – I really enjoyed painting him :smile.:

The-Mighty-Brush-Raptors-Phobos-Libraria