Luther's W.o.S.P. (Works of Slow Progress)

LutherMax

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the comments!

Amazing again luther! Not sure if it's been asked before but, what's your leather recipe for both the cloak and over sheet?

For the brown leather I used VMC Flat Brown, Orange Brown and Ochre brown in that order, mixing each paint into the previous one. Then an Agrax wash.

The outer sheet is Citadel Kakophoni Purple, with Typhon Ash mixed in, and a Nuln Oil wash.

Thanks for the comments!

Taken a quick break from painting guides to add a model to my own Raptors army – Leiutentant Cerrin.

The base model is the event exclusive lieutenant and the conversion was inspired by the awesome kitbash by k03rnl. The cloak was sculpted for me by Dawn Crusade.

Just came across this again on Pinterest. I know that's not who he represents in your army, but this guy is the first model that immediately makes me think Lias Issodon. Something about the pose and the head, I dunno.

Also I just wanted to add, thanks for taking 360º shots of your models! It's actually hard to find painting inspiration for backpacks because nobody posts models' backs. Your shots are a great resource, thank you!

Edited by Alcyon

• 1 month later...

Fantastic painting from start to finish...

Just brought your Blood Angel pdf guide, had a look though it and looking forward to trying it out. Would be handy if you included your colour recipes for the helmets/knee pads (E.G. Yellow, Blue & Gold) and maybe black for Death company, just a thought. Shall be purchasing some of your Decals/transfers next.

:)

Edited by CaRaBuS

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the comments!

Fantastic painting from start to finish...

Just brought your Blood Angel pdf guide, had a look though it and looking forward to trying it out. Would be handy if you included your colour recipes for the helmets/knee pads (E.G. Yellow, Blue & Gold) and maybe black for Death company, just a thought. Shall be purchasing some of your Decals/transfers next.

:smile.:

That's actually a really good idea – I'll look at adding helmet colour mini guides to the BA guide. I did this for white helmets in the Raven Guard guide.

Brought the decals, look forward to using them. Have you thought of adding some Chapter specific ones? Perhaps some names or inspiring words (Death, Glory etc...) that fit all the scroll work on the miniatures?

Have you seen this sheet? It has some stuff like you've described. It's out of stock right now but will be back soon:

https://www.themightybrush.com/product/imperial-gothic-script-waterslide-transfers-decal-sheet/

Those Outriders look great.

I like how your Raptors have a sort of understated low-gothic feel, they have a very modern military spec-ops vibe. 

How are you going to handle the other Indomitus models - some are very baroque - the captain's skeleton on a storm shield for example?

Edited by Marius Perdo