Luther's W.o.S.P. (Works of Slow Progress)

LutherMax

Thanks for the comments!

Fantastic painting from start to finish...

Just brought your Blood Angel pdf guide, had a look though it and looking forward to trying it out. Would be handy if you included your colour recipes for the helmets/knee pads (E.G. Yellow, Blue & Gold) and maybe black for Death company, just a thought. Shall be purchasing some of your Decals/transfers next.

:smile.:

That's actually a really good idea – I'll look at adding helmet colour mini guides to the BA guide. I did this for white helmets in the Raven Guard guide.

Brought the decals, look forward to using them. Have you thought of adding some Chapter specific ones? Perhaps some names or inspiring words (Death, Glory etc...) that fit all the scroll work on the miniatures?

Have you seen this sheet? It has some stuff like you've described. It's out of stock right now but will be back soon:

https://www.themightybrush.com/product/imperial-gothic-script-waterslide-transfers-decal-sheet/

Yes I have seen that one, tempted to get it when you have it back in stock. I think if you could do faction based sheets like Blood Angels and other chapters etc, that would give you a great range. I look forward to seeing you expand. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the comments!

Those Outriders look great.

I like how your Raptors have a sort of understated low-gothic feel, they have a very modern military spec-ops vibe.

How are you going to handle the other Indomitus models - some are very baroque - the captain's skeleton on a storm shield for example?

Thanks Marius!

Yep that's exactly the vibe I'm going for with these. I had the exact same concern about the Bladeguard models and almost decided to paint them as another chapter, but I've seen some painted up as Raptors and they work surprisingly well.

I may do some minor conversions, like replacing the skeleton shield and banner, to tone them down a bit. But colour-wise I think I can make it work.

Edited by LutherMax

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This marks the culmination of a project 18 months in the making. To paint one marine from each of the First Founding loyalist legions (now chapters), and document the process in a series of PDF painting guides.

The plinth on which these mighty heroes of humanity stand was made for me by my dad, and the plaques on the front and back were made by Little Plastic People.

The-Mighty-Brush-First-Founding-01-1024x

The-Mighty-Brush-First-Founding-02-1024x

The-Mighty-Brush-First-Founding-03-1024x

The-Mighty-Brush-First-Founding-04-1024x

The-Mighty-Brush-First-Founding-05-1024x

The-Mighty-Brush-First-Founding-06-1024x

The-Mighty-Brush-First-Founding-07-1024x

The-Mighty-Brush-First-Founding-08-1024x

Thanks Bjorn!

Now back to Raptors.

As they are traditionally less ostentatious and more prosaic than other chapters, I felt the Sergeant Jovan model would make a good captain for my 2nd Company. I gave him an older and more austere appearance with a head swap, and made him feel more like a captain with a company banner.

I went a bit more grimdark than normal on the paint job, with some streaking grime and oil paint mapping.

The-Mighty-Brush-Raptors-Captain-Voland-

Congratulations on the completion of the 9! A fine achievement!

Lovely feel and character on the Captain!
As always the paint-job is top-notch, especially on the face. Great work! :)

Just one thing bothers me actually - his left foot seems to be lacking support being put on the very edge of a something-crete block. I would still ad some rubble or something to support his foot better. But it's only visible from a certain angle.

Excellent work on the Raptors CAPT.

If he's a Captain... Where's his Power Sword? He's only armed with a pistol!

As 4chan describes the Raptors as "Reasonable Marines", I can see him wielding a long-las or other sniper weapon, in place of a power sword.

I did think about this. I was going to add a mag-locked or underslung weapon but didn't want to make the model look "busy".

I might actually do a servo skull or servitor on a separate base carrying his weapon(s).

Phenomenal work as ever.

I think I’ll have to put you on ignore as every time I see your latest piece, my already low confidence in my own abilities (?) plummets......

Don't say that! Practice, practice, practice :wink:

Congratulations on the completion of the 9! A fine achievement!

Lovely feel and character on the Captain!

As always the paint-job is top-notch, especially on the face. Great work! :smile.:

Just one thing bothers me actually - his left foot seems to be lacking support being put on the very edge of a something-crete block. I would still ad some rubble or something to support his foot better. But it's only visible from a certain angle.

You could be right there – I didn't get the angle of the pin quite right :sad.:

Excellent work on the Raptors CAPT.

If he's a Captain... Where's his Power Sword? He's only armed with a pistol!

As 4chan describes the Raptors as "Reasonable Marines", I can see him wielding a long-las or other sniper weapon, in place of a power sword.
I did think about this. I was going to add a mag-locked or underslung weapon but didn't want to make the model look "busy".

I might actually do a servo skull or servitor on a separate base carrying his weapon(s).

I'd recommend it, because as of right now he doesn't even have his primary weapon :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Second unit from Indomitus – Judiciar conversion. I used the Bladeguard Ancient as the base model, swapped the head for the one from the original Primaris Chaplain and the banner for the axe head from the Adeptus Custodes Captain-General Trajann Valoris model. I did some micro-surgery on the axe head to move the trigger handle for the built-in bolter up to the top section.

The-Mighty-Brush-Raptors-Judiciar-Ancien

How do you get the script writing so clean?

Thanks guys! And now, without much further ado, the dirty Rhino / Razorback!

http://www.themightybrush.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Blood-Angels-Rhino-Razorback-1-01-768x512.jpg
http://www.themightybrush.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Blood-Angels-Rhino-Razorback-1-02-768x512.jpg
http://www.themightybrush.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Blood-Angels-Rhino-Razorback-1-03-768x512.jpg
http://www.themightybrush.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Blood-Angels-Rhino-Razorback-1-04-768x512.jpg
http://www.themightybrush.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Blood-Angels-Rhino-Razorback-1-05-768x512.jpg
http://www.themightybrush.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Blood-Angels-Rhino-Razorback-1-06-768x512.jpg

• 3 weeks later...