Codex: Inquisition

Gentlemanloser

A Nemesis Force Sword, doesn't count as a Power Sword...

It was about bringing the GK closer in line with other SM Chapters.  Without having to rip the arms off your minis.

Without changing the models, a Nemesis Force Sword could easily be a Power/Force Sword.  A Halberd an Axe.  A Daemonhammer a Thunderhammer.

Mind you, the way it's presented, it seems fun. Yet, still unhappy that my toys are now all over the place. I'll keep hoping that we're the only battle-brothers with the Inquisition (although my guess is that all Imperial armies will be...)

I think the problem is that the =][= has never been apart of the Grey Knights, but he other way around.  The way the GK codex is formatted it makes it seem like the =][= is just a small part of / toys of the Grey Knights.  The =][= has been a major faction of 40k from the very start.  Grey Knights are a resent revelation.   

What do you mean by the comment that "Grey Knights are a resent (sic) revelation?"

V

All the nemesis force weapons count as an "unusual force weapon" in the BRB which makes them ap3+ whatever rule is in their profile, with the except of the great/ normal nemesis daemon hammer which follow the rules for thunder hammers except the dreadknight doesn't follow the unwieldy rule

Mind you, the way it's presented, it seems fun. Yet, still unhappy that my toys are now all over the place. I'll keep hoping that we're the only battle-brothers with the Inquisition (although my guess is that all Imperial armies will be...)

I think the problem is that the =][= has never been apart of the Grey Knights, but he other way around. The way the GK codex is formatted it makes it seem like the =][= is just a small part of / toys of the Grey Knights. The =][= has been a major faction of 40k from the very start. Grey Knights are a resent revelation.

What do you mean by the comment that "Grey Knights are a resent (sic) revelation?"

V

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA,

Sorry V just had to point out that you basically madea "what do YOU mean you people" in defense of the grey knight lol

Not really.  I just want him to elaborate his point.  I don't understand what he meant by "recent revelation," so I'm hoping he'll explain that to me.  I have not yet provided a defense, or any argument, as I'm not clear on what his position is.

V

All the nemesis force weapons count as an "unusual force weapon" in the
BRB which makes them ap3+ whatever rule is in their profile, with the
except of the great/ normal nemesis daemon hammer which follow the rules
for thunder hammers except the dreadknight doesn't follow the unwieldy
rule

Yes, I know this.

I was offering a suggestion on how they could be, assimilated into standard SM fare, allowing the GK to be 'Black Templared' into the main Space Marine Codex, if all our Inquisitorial units are removed form our Codex and we become little more than Grey Marines with a few toys...

Just bought this book.

Immediately regretted it. I just spent $30 for an almost exact reprint of the inquisitorial part of the GK book.

Massive, massive missed opportunity GW

No new special characters, stormtroopers, assassins or stormraven. No new options for inq choices other than a relic.

3 relics (all books);

One lets you have pick from a couple of SRs if you pass the Ld test.

One gives you a specific SR depending on who you are fighting.

One takes 5 off the WS, I and Ld of any daemon you fight in a challenge.

Warlords traits are ok, nothing really stand outs to me. 3 tables, though all of the tables share the first 3 results.

Banisher is out, priest is in. Priest passes Ld test, can choose 3 decent effects. Pity Ld7 means he's pretty meh.

Valkyries and all 3 LR variants are in as a dedicated transports.

All points costs remain the same (as far as I could see). 

I actually can't think of a single reason for any GK player to use this book at all. 

Maybe to spam valks? But then, why not just go IG and use Vendettas instead?

Everyone else can join in on 55pt divination inq spam, with no unit purchase.  

Other armies can field an =][= detatchment in addition to allies. =][= detatchment is 1 inquisitor, 1 optional inquisitor, 3 optional henchmen. If fielding =][= as the primary, its the same choices, but the henchmen score. 

Other than qetting access to the priest and the valks i wont be really be using the book for my knights unless i want to add a 3rd hq choice to my 1850 list, my SW however is another story as the plasma syphon on an inq, attached to drop podding GH/WG can help futher mess up my mates beloved Tau

You guys saved me $40. I shall spend that on something more worth it...like more spray paint

++Additional++
A thought occurs to me. It is a great deal for those who want to run an Inquisitor of any flavour but don't want to buy the full GK codex.

mmmm i think eldar players wont be looking so much at using the codex, they have enough awsome new toys to play with!!! but it does lend a few new options to some of the older codex armies without completly selling out GK.

Really if anyone is thinking about buying it it really suits people who already have inquistor units and are running other imperial armies otheriwse stick with what ya got really

the inquistor codex still opens up options that the GK codex doesnt such as BB for othe Imperial armies and flier spam or the abilty to run your awsome X hq from another codex while your cheap inquistor now warlord hides in the corner denying warlord kill, but like i said if you already had the units and therefore the GK codex and you were running another army then it can open up a few more options for you!! but if you were starting fresh then yes i would recommend the GK codex first

Mmmmkay, so basically everyone can now have Coteaz. My drop pod Wolves are not amused...

Wolves are never amused by the inquistion

But this time, the damn inquisitors finally found a way to completely screw me over. Seriously, I really don´t know what to do with that - except for including an inquisitor myself, with servo-skulls, to at least lessen the disaster.

Servo Skulls only stop Scout.

Coteaz eats Drop Pods. sad.png

Ah, Battle Brother Coteaz. I might stick him with some Grav Centurion.

ServoSkulls also only make you scatter 1D6... which, quite frankly, won´t help a whole lot. But it´s SOMETHING. I, however, absolutely hate the idea of tainting my Wolves with Inquisition.

Coteaz: "I've been expecting you Mr Bond. Eat rerolling Grav Cannons in your movement phase! Pew Pew!"

yep what i was thinking to do with long fangs

ServoSkulls also only make you scatter 1D6... which, quite frankly, won´t help a whole lot. But it´s SOMETHING. I, however, absolutely hate the idea of tainting my Wolves with Inquisition.

Know how you feel but its the same when ppl tell me to ally with guard for my wolves you either do it for an easy option or you dont!!! of course your asuming everyone is running out to get Coteaz and it also depends on who he is attached to and where, you know his rules so you know how to avoid him. just drop an empty drop pod next to him and hope he blows it up and kills his own henchman or eldar etc

Coteaz: "I've been expecting you Mr Bond. Eat rerolling Grav Cannons in your movement phase! Pew Pew!"

yep what i was thinking to do with long fangs

>

Know how you feel but its the same when ppl tell me to ally with guard for my wolves you either do it for an easy option or you dont!!! of course your asuming everyone is running out to get Coteaz and it also depends on who he is attached to and where, you know his rules so you know how to avoid him. just drop an empty drop pod next to him and hope he blows it up and kills his own henchman or eldar etc

:D Seriously? Is that my only option?

I really don´t have any trouble avoiding him, that´s definitely not an issue. The issue is that if you avoid your enemy with Drop Pods, you can basically just stand on the opposite table edge and hug cover for the rest of the game. Not entirely enjoyable, I might add. I really don´t know how to keep my army viable... but I hope I´ll adapt.

Archived