Loyalists of the XIV: The tyrant's ruin and rival's fall

@ lokkorex: Thanks!

@ Demon2027: Thank you. The most difficult part was the legs and getting the pose right, had to use the rivets on the joints as a guide. The assault cannon was annoying as some of the barrels were longer than the others and needed to be cut down a little.

@ Candleshoes: Yeah, now that you mention it it does have some similarities.

• 4 weeks later...

1st Huntsman Arov

gallery_73590_8946_12600.jpg

The Huntsmen are the trench raiders and marksmen of the 8th Battalion, their origins lie in Old Albia and the war against the Emperor where they personified the way of attacking at dusk. The five squads fall under the command of Rikar Arov, a grim Dusk Raider veteran who became something of a legend when he kept fighting after half his face was blown apart by a primitive bolter round early in the Crusade. He is a lone wolf on the battlefield, pursuing his own objectives far from the Battalion itself and his presence is not revealed until bunkers go up in flames or enemy soldiers start dropping dead on the ground. His only companion is a battered Mk I “Zerstörer”, an anti-materiel rifle used by the Boruzians while fighting the Panpacific Empire and infamous for its vicious stopping power. Perhaps the most enigmatic member of the Last Judgement, little is known about Arov beside his role as 1st Huntsman, as he doesn't appear in many records before his injury, though he is believed to be one of the Old Guard who killed for Albia before the XIV was founded. And like many of his Terran brothers he despises the Barbarusans, refusing to let them taint the Huntsmen's ranks. Arov was instrumental in ending the Yerikan Gas-War, during which he was named “the Wraith” because the only sightings of him was a solitary figure stalking through the pale yellow gas clouds before it suddenly disappeared. While the Death Guard and Boruzians undertook the final assault, he infiltrated the despot's palace and slaughtered both the court and entire guard force, armed with only his rifle, a shotgun and two old bolt pistols. He finished the deed by executing the despot with a rifle shot from the hip. These actions were never part of any battle plan. Betrayed on Istvaan alongside his Huntsmen, Arov swears vengeance and during the following battle several traitor officers are assassinated throughout the ruined Choral City, all killed by a precise shot through the left eye. He is last seen fighting close to Section-Leader Crysos Morturg.

Notes: 1st Huntsman Arov's right shoulder is marked with a symbol usually associated with the Dusk Raiders 4th Cohort, where the Terrans of 8th Battalion served before Reunification.

gallery_73590_8946_425.jpg

Thanks! Making fluff is what I like best about this hobby.

Now, I will be taking a break from the Death Guard to work on my VIII legion so this was the last update for some time. I think it will be good with a colour change before moving on to the Contemptor and all the unfinished stuff that's piled up lately.

• 1 month later...

@ recon0321: So do I!

@ JeffTibbetts: I've been filled with ideas for this knight ever since they were released, I like the fact that they are essentially a blank canvas. If I do the chemical weapon I think on taking the chainsword arm, remove the sword itself and replace it with the thermal cannon. My vision is a massive version of the chemical flamers used by the Death Guard.

Edited by Barabbas Sogalon