Loyalists of the XIV: The tyrant's ruin and rival's fall

Thanks, it will be more gas masks when I get started on what I call the Destroyer Detachment.

As a little progress update, I can promise that the next three members of squad Tartaros will be finished by the end of the week. You are free to come after me with pitchforks if I fail.

Thanks, it will be more gas masks when I get started on what I call the Destroyer Detachment.

As a little progress update, I can promise that the next three members of squad Tartaros will be finished by the end of the week. You are free to come after me with pitchforks if I fail.

Holding you to that!

More Tartaros.

Legionaries Sileas, Sarrak and Josip

gallery_73590_8946_74878.jpg

Notes:

Legionary Sileas is the sole Terran member of squad Tartaros and bears the Raptora proudly on his armour.

The black stripe on Josip's kneepad (also seen on several other members of the squad) marks him as a long serving veteran under Mortarion.

More Tartaros.

Legionaries Sileas, Sarrak and Josip

gallery_73590_8946_74878.jpg

Notes:

Legionary Sileas is the sole Terran member of squad Tartaros and bears the Raptora proudly on his armour.

The black stripe on Josip's kneepad (also seen on several other members of the squad) marks him as a long serving veteran under Mortarion.

Pitchforks avoided! Look great, too- love that heavy bolter!

So, after limping across the road to the post office, I came home with this

gallery_73590_8946_16117.jpg

gallery_73590_8946_4219.jpg

I know he is not a Loyalist, so I doubt I'll post the finished result, but as a collector I could not resist getting him. It's the best model I have ever bought from GW/FW, the details are just stunning!

Also, I got this

gallery_73590_8946_62706.jpg

And these for something yet to be revealed (you are free to guess what)

gallery_73590_8946_21118.jpg

I can also say that there will probably be a few painted models sometime during next week.

Oooooooohhhhhhh kriegers!

Gotta love the death korps models! Are you going to bkitbash/ customixe them into something more time period or go with the flow?

Loving the work, and really want to see those grave wardens!

Edited by Argent aquila

Okay, I'll be posting Typhon when the time comes. Still not sure what to do with the extra parts. I really look forward to start on the Grave Wardens and the fluff I've planned to justify how they end up on the Loyalist side.

Then the big reveal: the Death Korps soldiers are the humble beginnings of a Terran Imperial Army regiment of my own creation, the Boruzian Grenadiers.

Thinking on using the bare head because I love the artwork from Massacre with the beard and haircut, though I believe the helmeted one would be easier to paint. I'm up for the challenge!

After a closer inspection I haven't been able to find a single mold line on him.

Veteran-Sergeant Barleti

gallery_73590_8946_126051.jpg

The veterans of 1st squad are led by Skander Barleti, an ambitious veteran known for his reckless nature and unorthodox methods. He is as much a typical Son of Barbarus as he is atypical, showing a grim pride of his heritage and having a relentless determination to prevail combined with an utter disdain for wider strategy, preferring to make things up as the battle evolves. Always found fighting at the frontlines with a grin behind the helmet, he has a habit of suddenly charging forward with his squad when an enemy’s weakness presents itself, despite being terribly outnumbered. During the Bleeding Twins campaign, Tartaros spearheaded the assault on Fortress 67 and fought through kilometres of mud-soaked killing fields and trenches, afterwards breaching the stronghold long before the rest of the attackers. An impressive service record does not make up for the fact that many in the Legion see him as undisciplined and not worthy of command, but Barleti only laughs in their faces as he did with the legionary inviting him to join the Lodge. Everything is about glory in battle and survival against the most impossible of odds to this warrior. After being betrayed on Istvaan III, Skander Barleti starts a campaign of terror against his former brothers among the ruins of the Choral City and becomes a high priority target for the Traitors.

Notes: Barleti goes into battle armed with a Tigrus pattern bolter heavily customized to his specifications and the Albian power sword of his predecessor. Observed strategy on Istvaan is ambushing of Traitor forces after pretending to be their allies.

1st Squad Tartaros

gallery_73590_8946_185403.jpg

Edited by Barabbas Sogalon