BELLUM AETERNUS: CURRUS BELLI - MAKE YOUR OATHS

The Shadow Guard

My oath was counted wrong. I need to be up for (10) points as I have vowed (5) Land Raiders.

Paul

Well, I'll be damned.....

My Oath:

(2) Land Raider Terminus Ultras

(3) Land Raider Ares

I honestly thought that number 2 was LR terminus Ultra and number 3 was LR Ares... i thought you had an accidental delete of your first choice... didn't realise that you meant 5 LRs.... eek.gif

All corrected.... a

and welcome on board Dark_Rage...

SG

So let's get in!

I, Master Avoghai of the Dark Angels chapter, make an oath of the moment to face my brothers from the Ultramarine Legion in an honourable contest of strength and will!

One Razorback

One predator destructor

One whirlwind

One rhino Damocles pattern

For a total of 4 points

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/Masteravoghai/Dark%20angels/0A5FE7EB-1F17-49F0-8054-7572383861A6-8857-00000C90E165D98D_zps792081b7.jpg

For the Lion and the Legion!

Having had this collection of odds and ends on the shelf for a while, and having missed SG run my social life with his painting challenges smile.png

I djgoldsmith of the Dark Angels make an oath of moment to face my brothers from the Ultramarine Legion in an honourable contest of strength and will!

1x Land Raider

IMAG0987

1x Predator

IMAG0986

1x Predator / Rhino (depending on whether I can find another turret, damn e-bay buys)

IMAG0988

I, PyroX of the Dark Angels Chapter, make an oath of moment to face my brothers from the Ultramarine Legion in an honourable contest of strength and will!

My Oath:

4 Razorbacks

1 Land Raider Ares (finishing it, inking, twin flamers etc, lots to fix)

gallery_62261_9012_81676.jpg

gallery_62261_9012_1352778.jpg

I Joewavridr of the Stone Guardians make an oath of moment to face my brothers from the Ultramarine Legion in an honourable contest of strength and will!

My Oath:  1 Predator Destructor and 1 Predator Executioner

DSC 0109

DSC 0108

Pyro,

Can we get better pics of how you did the TL Flamestorm Cannons from the back?

Paul

I will have it done by Saturday, I will post pics of it when its done. It needs a little green stuff.

I Raztalin of the 1st Legion make an oath of moment to face my brothers from the Ultramarine Legion in an honourable contest of strength and will!

I pledge to complete 1 Land Raider Crusader (to start with)

http://daventrysquash.co.uk/ben/Pictures/landraider/LRCBaseCoat.jpg

I facmapob of the First Legion make an oath of moment to face my brothers from the Ultramarine Legion in an honourable contest of strength and will!

I pledge to complete 1 Predator

http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii324/facmanpob/Miniatures/works%20in%20progress/IMG_1639_zpsb80f1327.jpg

+ + + Calido Nuntium + + +

Excellent show of strength, unit and passion for our legion gentlemen. I am very impressed by the submissions so far. The ironwing now has 21 submissions which translates to 41 vehicles worth 68 points. This has achieved our initial goals for the event but more would be most welcome.

Sadly our brothers from the realm of Ultramar appear to be conducting major campaigns across the galaxy and have only sworn 2 submissions consisting of three vehicles worth 4 points only. Given this reality and the absence of any further Ultramar reinforcements over the horizon there will be some changes to the event  instituted in the next 24 hours. Nothing will however change from the Unforgiven persepctive so keep submitting and keep painting those tanks!

+ + + Glory to the Ironwing + + +

+ + + For the Lion and the Legion + + +

+ + + ANNOUNCEMENT: SUbmit a Photograph for a Collage + + +

The first completion for the Currus Belli has occured one week in to the contest. I intend to create a single collage of all armoured vehicles painted up during the Currus Bellie. This is an experiement that i hope would work.

Please follow the instructions when you complete your tanks.

1. Photograph each of your tanks separately

2. Please use a plain background. Simple white ot blue paper would do.

3. Position it as shown below to get a photograph. The front end at the left lower corner and the back end at the right upper corner of the photo.

4. If your vehicle has a turret you may point it straight forward or to one or the other side. It might be best to provide me with a choice of photos.

5. At the end of the event all vehicles will be collages on to a battle background.!

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/files/Img_Ch07_03LoU_DA037_025.jpg

SG

Maybe it doesn't change for the da sub forum but you stated that changes would be implemented to the challenge in the next 24 hour window. That is what I'm referring to. The ultramarines as you stated aren't showing for currus belli much, perhaps shedding some insight into these changes even if they aren't 100% fleshed out might drum up a little more fervor and interest. As it stands it isn't a contest at this point, it's a massacre.

Maybe it doesn't change for the da sub forum but you stated that changes would be implemented to the challenge in the next 24 hour window. That is what I'm referring to. The ultramarines as you stated aren't showing for currus belli much, perhaps shedding some insight into these changes even if they aren't 100% fleshed out might drum up a little more fervor and interest. As it stands it isn't a contest at this point, it's a massacre.

You are quite right. This was commenced as a friendly event to encourage the UM and their sucecssors to participate. The DA forum is currently perceived as a very strong one for painting and we always faced the possibility of being seen as creating a chellenge that was one sided. There were pros and cons. The aim is to encourage participation and while it succeeded in the DA forum it appears to have failed in the UM forum.

There has been some vocal oppositin to the structure of the event (as you would see from the UM forum) even though this event has had the longest lead time of any event clearly stating the challenge aspect of it.

We considered changes to the UM forum reqirements to encourage participation but after much discussion we decided to keep things unchanged. Future Belli events will will learn from this experience. They may become a DA forum only event rather than a chellenge.

I had aimed at 20 participants per forum as a mark of success. The DA forum has kept the faith beynd my wildest dreams. The UM forum sadly appears to have little enthusiasm for such events. We have to take the facts as they are and deal with reality.

So, no changes have been made to either forum rules for this event. We'll just see this through to the end.smile.png

SG

Archived