BELLUM AETERNUS: CURRUS BELLI - MAKE YOUR OATHS

The Shadow Guard

I just love the paint job on that tank. very striking and impressive. The subtle effect with the wings on the track guards and the outline paint on it is also very nicely pulled off. Great work and congrats on completing two heavy/superheavy tanks for the contest. Just love the DA iconography and sculpts on the tank.

Thank you for the kind words SG, and thank you also for running the Bellum Aeternus: Currus Belli, it's a fun themed event and the paint standards are very high amongst the DA! It is a great feeling to not only complete miniatures but to see other brothers completions too. Surely there will be some more great vehicles coming, on both sides!

Now if only I knew there was to be an extension, I might of crammed in another kit! Anyway, there will be more events smile.png

Long live the 1st Legion!

thumbsup.gif

Cod

I djgoldsmith of the Dark Angels have kept faith with my primarch and completed my oath of moment.

For the Lion and the Legion.

As usual blown away by the quality (and scale) of the work.  Here's my contribution

All

All Three

Rhino

Rhino

Pred

Predator

LR

Land Raider

Better photos to come as there is a distinct lack of natural light here at the moment.  Also with the extension, i may be able to rescue the dremmel from work and fit the lighting in the rhino.  

I Thorgrin, of the Dark Angels Legion, make an oath of moment to face my brothers from the Ultramarine Legion in an honourable contest of strength and will! For the Lion and the Legion!

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/4843/u83f.jpg

1x Land Raider

All rules still stand so YES you can make new oaths..... :) but only a maximum of two oaths (of any size) per person.

SG

Okay, I give into temptation, these needed painting anyway.

I oath 2 whirlwinds

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b606/Dark_master1/whirlwind/AEF0C230-C6D2-49CC-B8DC-3AE8A4DD831F_zpsevm82sxu.jpg

DM

I, Brother_Bethor of the Dark Angel Chapter, have kept faith with my primarch and completed my oath of moment.

The Sicaran Battle Tank, 8th vehicle, 7th Squadron with 120 confirmed kills:
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b56/brother_bethor/Bolter%20and%20Chainsword/sicaran_zpsa0c66ada.jpg

Tank is now considered battle-worthy, although I will definitely upgrade it's paintjob. 

I, Brother_Bethor of the Dark Angel Chapter, have kept faith with my primarch and completed my oath of moment.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b56/brother_bethor/Bolter%20and%20Chainsword/sicaran_zpsa0c66ada.jpg

Tank is now considered battle-worthy, although I will definitely upgrade it's paintjob.

That is one incredibly good looking model, with a paintjob to match. Added to my wishlist.

I djgoldsmith of the Dark Angels have kept faith with my primarch and completed my oath of moment.

For the Lion and the Legion.

Nice work with the three vehicle squadron. Another win for the faithful. Love to see the lighting included if you have the time. :)

I Thorgrin, of the Dark Angels Legion, make an oath of moment to face my brothers from the Ultramarine Legion in an honourable contest of strength and will! For the Lion and the Legion!

1x Land Raider

Welcome brother Thorgrin, demonstrating that it is never too late for a show of strength and faith. Look forward to your finished product.

All rules still stand so YES you can make new oaths..... smile.png but only a maximum of two oaths (of any size) per person.

SG

Okay, I give into temptation, these needed painting anyway.

I oath 2 whirlwinds

DM

Ahhhh... Temptation...the mistress of Slaanesh... beware brother.... but two whirlwinds should assuage any temptation you may have. Great to see yet another second oath in the works.

What a beauty... in Dark Angels green. Just astounding crispness to the paint job. Thank you very much Brother-Bethor!

It's done. For the Lion! Let's win this one boys!

... and another veteran keeps his faith! Love the red stripes as Avoghai said but most alluring is the off-set winged sword on the roof, just love that effect!

... and so the Master of the Forge must look on satisfied as he notes the Ironwing far in advance of the Spear of Macragge!

Sons of the Lion Oath Makers: 29 Oath Keepers: 16 Total Points Pledged: 89 Total Points Completed: 50 Total Vehicles Pledged: 55 Total vehicles Completed: 31

+ + + 10 DAYS REMAINING + + +

... and so the Master of the Forge must look on satisfied as he notes the Ironwing far in advance of the Spear of Macragge!

...I don't think the spear is even going to come off the shelf. It's seemingly very content to remain on the shelf accumulating dust.  Seriously though, this has been a very one sided battle for the entire CB challenge.  I really hope that future events have a better turn out rate.  Not saying this to diminish the efforts exhibited by the DA players here, or to speak ill of the competition... but it ain't exactly a super bowl to remember if only one of the teams show up. 

...I don't think the spear is even going to come off the shelf. It's seemingly very content to remain on the shelf accumulating dust. Seriously though, this has been a very one sided battle for the entire CB challenge. I really hope that future events have a better turn out rate. Not saying this to diminish the efforts exhibited by the DA players here, or to speak ill of the competition... but it ain't exactly a super bowl to remember if only one of the teams show up.

Well, the idea and hope was more to inspire the Sons of Gulliman with a challenge...rather than throw a one-sided challenge.. which was how some have preceived this... It would have been easier to challenge the more active forums (BT, BA etc) and have your "Superbowl" but then we end up relatively ignoring the les active forums...The CB series was intended to take on eahc in a different manner. That was the intention..... but.... reality turned out to be diferent.. ermm.gif we live and we learn!

SG

The basic idea is sound though - and a noble one too. We want to see painting activity rising among the less active forums and we want to inspire people paint their own armies giving them challenges with a bit of a twist each time. It is also a learning process for us too because you can never know the response of the frater before launching such an event. In short you take a bet.

I think SG's vision of gradually stepping up the interaction between forums in a constructive and fun way is something worth investing in. This first attempt may seem one-sided but the accumulated experience will help fine-tune similar events going forward and increase participation levels from all sides.

I'm confident that the CB series will have a future and a bright one at that! :)

The basic idea is sound though - and a noble one too. We want to see painting activity rising among the less active forums and we want to inspire people paint their own armies giving them challenges with a bit of a twist each time. It is also a learning process for us too because you can never know the response of the frater before launching such an event. In short you take a bet.

I think SG's vision of gradually stepping up the interaction between forums in a constructive and fun way is something worth investing in. This first attempt may seem one-sided but the accumulated experience will help fine-tune similar events going forward and increase participation levels from all sides.

I'm confident that the CB series will have a future and a bright one at that! :)

I agree in this vision and I'm totally confident in the fact that other forums (BA, SW or even WS due to the graviton bike fashion now) will be a tough opposition.

I also totally can understand that lots of people might not have time. The Christmas period is time consuming for lots of us wether we are the people who have to find gifts for everybody or the ones who sell it. (Though there's no reason for DA fan to be less affected by that)

Maybe our history has also something to explain : we had a so crappy codex in v4 that

1- we get use to paint models, just for the sake to paint (because if we had to paint the playable ones we would have painted nothing.

2- now the codex contain so much new shiny units that we have lots of painting projects.

What I find really annoying (and even insulting for SG's dedication to make live B&C) is the reflexion stating that "DA have organized such contest just for their own pleasure to crush the other and show their superiority"

THAT is REALLY annoying and demotivating as well as it gives a strange glance on some people's opinion about their own community.

Don't bother SG (and Captain Semper too), I have 13 bikes waiting for a challenge versus WS and 5 drop pods waiting for a challenge against RG... (But I won't be able to retain them launching too long) :lol:

What a beauty... in Dark Angels green. Just astounding crispness to the paint job. Thank you very much Brother-Bethor!

Well, Tank You, Sir! biggrin.png And thank Emperor for the Army Painter spray paint. Without it, I would never managed to paint anything larger than a dreadnought. I really suck with splatting the paint on tanks with brushes.

As for crispness of the paint job: back then, 10 000 years ago the paintshops and paints were so much better. Imagine, all those years of constant warfare without a scratch. Even dirt won't stick. laugh.png

I see that I have to start converting the second bike squadron and scratchbuild more drop pods, else I won't be ready for next challenges. :)

@Shadow Guard and Captain Semper- we live and we learn.  I'm not trying to criticize of belittle; I'm just stating that it's a bit disappointing that the first installment of the CB challenge has ended up the way that it has.  I hope that future installments serve to rejuvenate some of the less active forums of the board; as you all are hoping too.

I honestly don't know what I would do without the B&C and its constant wellspring of inspiration to draw from; and these challenges are no exception- always a cool paintjob or conversion to look at in the collective threads.  

Archived