BELLUM AETERNUS: CURRUS BELLI - MAKE YOUR OATHS

The Shadow Guard

First thanks SG for the kind words on the paint job. Managed to get some decent photos today so will upload later. On the lighting, dremmel will be back on monday so will sort that out to. I owe b&c a tutorial on the fiber optic lighting anyway :-)

On other thoughts in the thread, not only am I lucky enough to collect the first legion, but I also feel privileged to have active members of the forum who push is to paint / collect and discuss the work we do. Path to redemption was a turning point for me from having been in the hobby for too long, to finding a bit of motivation to paint. I managed to finish more on those 12 months than in the past 6 or so years.

Regular Events like this have meant that the unforgiven have taken on such challenges as a normal part of the forum activity, and as such I feel we are happy to post work no matter what our perceived skill level / starting point. I get the impression from friends on the other forums that only "great" work will do. (on a side note I had a friend ask me to post some stuff on his behalf for feedback rather than have it in hos name). So I can see how the accusations of the DA forum lording it over others have come from. However, I also think that the rest of the forums will benefit (not knocking the way they work) from taking part in such challenges, as it will build the same great dynamic we have here. Looking forward to the day the gauntlet is thrown down to us.

tl;dr; Shadow guard et al. Thanks for organising these events, and I hope there will be many more. (ps got a load of termis that need painting)

These Painting Competitions are really all that gets me to painting;  I personally appreciate them as they are a little drive to get-r-done.  

Looking forward to the next one, personally.   I hope it's something on my to be painted list, makes it all the easier...  

Paul

I, Grotsmasha,  of the 1st Legion Astartes have kept faith with my Primarch and completed my oath of moment.

For the Lion and 1st Legion!

http://i1276.photobucket.com/albums/y464/Grotsmasha/Heresy%20Era%20Dark%20Angels/IMAG0284_zpsekiaqe9p.jpg

Cheers,

Jono

Great work from everyone Brothers...

Just remembered you wanted photos for the collage SG. Hope these are ok.

http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz66/jonbrooks_photo/P1120001_zpsf4cbef38.jpg

http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz66/jonbrooks_photo/P1120003_zpsbf72a979.jpg

http://i814.photobucket.com/albums/zz66/jonbrooks_photo/P1120004_zpsa3f9f3e0.jpg

Now get on with the next challenge already!

I, Grotsmasha,  of the 1st Legion Astartes have kept faith with my Primarch and completed my oath of moment.

Cheers,

Jono

Another faithful keeps his word. Very nice work Jono, I really like the brooding nature of this tank with the Dark Green and Black panels. Given that it was scratch built, excellent work indeed.

I Pbenner of the Dark Angels have kept faith with my primarch and completed my oath of moment.

I just can't get over how constantly you churn out painted models....  Nice work. Just looks amazing to see three Ares standing next to each other!

Great work from everyone Brothers...

Just remembered you wanted photos for the collage SG. Hope these are ok.

Now get on with the next challenge already!

Exactly what i needed. I am hoping everyone else will also follow suit with similar photos!

You might just rue the day you asked me to "get on with the next challenge"... you have no idea what events lurk over them thar hills!! :)

Sons of the Lion Oath Makers: 29 Oath Keepers: 18 Total Points Pledged: 89 Total Points Completed: 60 Total Vehicles Pledged: 55 Total vehicles Completed: 35

+ + + 5 DAYS REMAINING - NO FURTHER EXTENSIONS + + +

SG

Amazing weathering effect on the rhino Liberame, just amazing! The effet is absolutely superb on the cupola. The there is the chapter emblem on the roof of the rhino. never seen anything like that before. Nice work!

Sons of the Lion Oath Makers: 29 Oath Keepers: 19 Total Points Pledged: 89 Total Points Completed: 61 Total Vehicles Pledged: 55 Total vehicles Completed: 36

SG

I Didn't use a stencil, just a large scale use of the addition and subtraction technique seen here.

http://fromthewarp.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/deathwing-symbol-in-freehand-and-decals.html?m=1

Only difference was doing the first lot of blocking out in a medium grey color,for the DA logo. Just means that the green comes back closer to the original shade

Our second brother to complete his second oath with two whirlwinds.... :) Excellent. That brings us up to a whopping 38 completed vehicles out of the total 55 vehicles submitted as oaths! Nearly 70% comopletion rate!

Sadly our brothers in blue appear to have wholeehartedly abandoned the challenge with no vehicles as yet submitted as completions, though i am hopeful for a handful to uphold the honour of Macragge!

Sons of the Lion, you have 24 hours to complete your oaths and demonstrate that the Dark Anges Legion never flinches from any challenge, no matter how small or big, how easy or difficult!

For the Lion and the Legion!

Sons of the Lion Oath Makers: 29 Oath Keepers: 19 Total Points Pledged: 89 Total Points Completed: 63 Total Vehicles Pledged: 55 Total vehicles Completed: 38

SG

Am I too late?

[edit] Apparently not, thanks SG!

http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb440/Cactus-/Currus%20Belli/20140119_191907_zpsc2dbe058.jpg

http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb440/Cactus-/Currus%20Belli/20140119_191754_zps3d2f9c81.jpg

+ + + CURRUS BELLI ENDETH + + +

My dear unforgiven brothers! The first episode of Bellum Aeternus, namely Currus Belli is finally over. The event was created with the twin aims of having a painting competition focusing on one aspect of our armies commencing with armoured vehicles and attempting to inspire and encourage the relatively smaller forums to greater achievements by the challenges themselves.

As far as the Dark Angels forum is concerned the event was an unqualified success exceeding all my expectations. Amongst the unforgiven brothers there were 20/29 oath keepers who completed 66/89 points from 40/55 vehicles. These amazingly also included one Baneblade and two Sicaran Battle Tanks. I was blown away by the commitment, completion rate and quality of painting. Well done indeed, you have kept the faith with the Lion!

On the otherhand, sadly, in the Realms of Ultramar, there was a near complete boycot of the event with the four brave souls who made their oaths being unable to complete even one of them. The Ultramarines appeared to have refused to take up the challenge and despite the intentions of the contest it may have been misconstrued by atleast some to be a one sided event. Bck to the drawing board !!

Those of you who participated may continue to wear the Currus Belli banner and those who completed their oaths will have the honour of adding the Pearl of Ultramar next to it.

http://www.fortressoftheunforgiven.com/Currus_Belli_Banner_01.jpg  http://www.fortressoftheunforgiven.com/Pearl_of_Ultramar_Badge_Small_V2.jpg    

Sons of the Lion Oath Makers: 29 Oath Keepers: 20 Total Points Pledged: 89 Total Points Completed: 63 Total Vehicles Pledged: 55 Total vehicles Completed: 40

Now that the first Bellum Aeternus has ended everyone should consider their armoured vehicles. Those who kept their oaths and those who didn't, those planning on a new vehicles and those with old one....

Coming to a Fortress near you.....beware the ARTISAN'S GAMBIT.....which will be unleashed in the month of February!

+ + + For the Lion and the Legion! + + +

+ + + CURRUS BELLI ENDETH + + +

+ + + BEHOLD THE ARTISAN'S GAMBIT + + +

It is a pity that none of our Ultramarine brothers succeed in this challenge however that does not detract from the commitment and quality of the Dark Angels vehicles. Well done brothers.

Also a separate word of thanks to SG for organising and running this challenge.

I am looking forward to see the collage picture.

Now bring on the next one - I have a cupboard full of models to paint and need some motivation!

Thank you Shadow Guard for the Bellum Aeternus: Currus Belli!

It really was fun and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing so many armoured vehicles go from start to completion! What a sight the Ironwing truly is!

I still believe the idea of the painting challenge was a good one, the idea really being to inspire others to end up with painted miniatures. Clearly for the Dark Angels this was a success.

But as they say, 'The Emperor helps those who help themselves!'

Thanks once again, congrats to all who entered, I'm intrigued with the 'Artisans Gambit'! Sounds kind of... well... arty cool.png

thumbsup.gif

Cod

Yeah thanks SG for the effort, the event was a good motivation to get that land raider painted. Now I'm almost hesitant too continue painting.. as I might be painting something I could use in the next challenge ;)

Thank you very much Shadow Guard for organizing this event and congratulations to all those who finished their oaths! If I had had more time I would have painted more (the event almost made me buy a fellblade). It is a shame though that no Ultramarine oaths were fulfilled though, but I'm now looking forward to this next challenge!

Archived