Blood Angels Digital Codex Changes

TheHarrower

According to a report by Naftka, looks like there are some changes. Time to give the Blood Angels the ole nerf bat again.

via an anonymous source on Faeit 212
Only things to change in the new digital release:
Vanguard:
Heroic intervention - now works as per SM
Stormraven - no more deep strike
Glaive Encarmine - now gives +1 str on a turn the model charges, but us otherwise STR as user, ap3, 2-handed, master crafted.
I didn't see anything else different.
Looks like my Vanguard Veterans go back in the box until next Codex. Sucks. ermm.gif

No more deepstrikefor Ravens as been in effect ever since Rulebook FAQ. All flyers lost the ability to do so then.

I am not worried about VV changes, they did not see any play regardless. It's not a rules issue, it's a points issue.

I do like those glaive changes! S6 on the charge with furious charge. DO WANT!

hmm, Glaive Encarmines having a single profile then? That actually is kind of naff if so. Or if the axe is AP2 +1 Strength and +2 Strength on the Charge, I'd be reasonably happy. (+3 with Furious Charge!)

Sucks about the vanguard as no doubt they will cost the same as they do now, despite losing the only thing to make them vaguely worth their points...

Really hope that we see a 'real' codex next year at some point, but with the digital not hitting till so late this year I'm betting we'll be waiting significantly longer.

If they make the E-Codex update official, they need to release an updated FAQ. Otherwise people will be running the paper dex with the "latest" FAQ and being told they can't use their army. This topic just saved me the cost of the E-Dex.

Today is the digital release.

While I do like the glaive encarmine buff, throw in FC, I'll take striking at S6 on a charge for a sword.  But to be honest, I've used Sanguinary Guard more in games than I have the Van Vets, but they still hardly see the table right now anyways, I just like the models.

Since the GE is a 2 handed weapon, they never get a bonus for additional hand weapons anyways.  So SG are only getting 3 attacks on a charge for a total of 15.  While I pay the same price for a 5 man DC squad with packs, 2 power swords and an axe.  5 attacks each on the charge for a total of 25.

Van Vets were already expensive for what you were getting before the C:SM treatment, and this is the icing on the cake.  I will never field them again now until new codex.  Their are better areas to spend points than to waste it on a now sub par unit.  Death Company are still better than VV, even SG, expensive, but at least their worth it still.

Only thing we can do is suck it up, and wait for our 6th ed codex.  I haven't won a lot of games in 6th ed, but I still have fun 95% of my games, so this digital update really doesn't affect me in the least.  We still have a lot of great units that we can field.

The Vanguard changes are sad, especially after those nicer kits have come out, but any consideration for those guys from me is quite put down now; however, the Glaive update makes them quite scary on the charge with a Priest nearby to grant some serious hitting power at least. A mixed bag update for sure...

Yep. Instead they can now do disordered charges without penalty making them about as useful as Lucius Drop Pods.

Well, they are still technically RUMORS.  So we won't find out until someone actually purchases it.

Any one want to take one for the team?

You can charge 2 separate units, but you don't get the bonus +1 attack for a charge I believe.  I never do it so I'm not 100% on that.

Yep. Instead they can now do disordered charges without penalty making them about as useful as Lucius Drop Pods.

Well, they are still technically RUMORS.  So we won't find out until someone actually purchases it.

Any one want to take one for the team?

Um, I'm good Brother...

Well thats really just rude if they dont reduce the points on Vanguard Vets. Not that I use them anyway, and I doubt I would start using them even if they matched space marine VV prices, but such a big nerf on a already overcosted unit is just mean!

Archived